Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 8 mr fq build numbers

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  stu's_evo 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Is there a list anywhere of the build numbers for evo 8 mr's? I have tried the search but it brought up an error and won't let me search

I am missing the number plaque on mine and would like to put it back on as per original if I can find it out

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Apparently they just stuck them down as they saw fit - no actual relevance to when they were actually built i.e no 1 wasn't the first one built etc. just get one with any number one - i dont think it adds anything or adds provenance.

#6 ·
It would make sense to do them in order though haha, Mitsi told me they only have records for the evo 10 and no earlier evos, do you guys think it will be possible to allocate an evo the correct number from the chassis number at all? Surely the chassis numbers will be in the correct order of production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
It would make sense to do them in order though
They can't, the cars are built abroad as GSRs, then imported to the UK and converted to be FQs. It's far easier to simply have all the numbers in a box and have someone pick one and stick it on the car rather that keep some arbitrary order given no-one knows or cares what order the cars were built in. You have to remember it's not a build number. The only people who care about the FQ number are people with lower ones so they can wrongly claim it is "#123 of 200" when selling it. No-one else gives a toss and neither should you.

#13 · (Edited)
I doubt you would get a correct answer. I know that when it came to registering evos loads of the dealers got it wrong so some models are registered as FQ 300 where in fact they are 340 spec etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.