Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series

Old 11-09-2017, 20:17   #61
RSgeoff
Senior User

Car: 2003 VI GSR.
My Car
Reading all of the comments and to tick as many boxes as possible that people are moaning about:-

I would suggest organising a "one-off" at Blyton with:-
  • A few hours in the morning run as a trackday with a limited amount of cars on track at one time.
  • Timed event in the afternoon (one car at a time as per normal)
  • No classes / just for fun / talk to people in the pits who are close to your times to see what spec their car is (if you want).

Bet it would sell well.

Last edited by RSgeoff; 11-09-2017 at 20:18..
RSgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RSgeoff For This Useful Post:
kins (13-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 20:18   #62
evo_luver
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 5 GSR with fully forged engine and lots of other toys, view my car for all the details.
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgeoff View Post
Reading all of the comments and to tick as many boxes as possible that people are moaning about:-

• A few hours in the morning run as a trackday / practice with a limited amount of cars on track at one time.
  • Timed event in the afternoon.
  • No classes / just for fun / talk to people in the pits who are close to your times to see what spec their car is (if you want).

Bet it would sell well.

I like that idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understeer: the front of the car hits the wall, oversteer: the rear of the car hits the wall, horsepower: how fast you hit the wall, torque: how far the wall moves
evo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 23:00   #63
Kieron Watson
Senior User

Car: Evo 6 TME
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgeoff View Post

• A few hours in the morning run as a trackday with a limited amount of cars on track at one time.
  • Timed event in the afternoon (one car at a time as per normal)

Bet it would sell well.
Sounds fun, I will sit in my deck chair and take the times ...

I am planning on getting a track car up and running in the next year, but I am afraid I am still getting my jizz machine up and running all polished... you can speak to all the locals up north, I love to polish, but polishing only makes the car faster - you seen even F1 teams do it I pits and stuff before Q3....

Anyway back on topic, I haven't really looked into the rules that much, I just want to spend £7-8k and trailer a car to a track and hammer some times in - may that be croft my local track for practice - or tracks further a field for hot laps only.... I would have completed this year, but house purchase has gotten in the way! ... 7-8k may seem a lot to some, it may also sound like a waste of time because I won't be able to compete, I love to win but I just love to drive more, my adrenaline from driving is not to win but going as fast as I physically can with what is under my bum cheeks.... won't be no paceward car, but I will cross the line smiling.....

Just as I always do when I step out of the tme! Until I see all the flys and dead birds
Old 12-09-2017, 07:24   #64
G-Force
Senior User

My Car
I personally think it has a lot to do with money and the lack of it currently in circulation. The recession has had an impact on many and whilst Evo ownership is still within reach of most the additional outlay of events such as track days and sprints are a luxury that a lot of folk don't see as a priority over the cost of providing for their families. Also these cars are ageing and as such has made them more affordable to the masses yet the running costs still remain high having a significant impact on newer owners cashflow. Lets not forget that 10 yrs ago a lot of us bought these cars new and had more expendable income that a lot of the current owners of these cars. This too will be a contributing factor in the reduced numbers seen at such events.
A means of possibly drawing more numbers would be to make the series open to other marques such as the Ford owners clubs etc etc.
A lot of the older members have also moved on from Evo ownership which includes some of those that used to compete in the MLRSS. These numbers have not been replaced by newer members to the forum for various reasons. How many paid up members do we have on the MLR in comparison to 10yrs ago? It would be interesting to here how that figure compares to that of today. I would have thought the numbers would be a lot less and hereby is another reason for dwindling numbers at events, however, I may be wrong on this assumption.

Last edited by G-Force; 12-09-2017 at 07:39..
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:00   #65
Madmac
Twincharger Guru

Car: Evo 5 850hp Hillclimb twincharger & Manual Legnum VR4 Type S
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post
And proof of the above being BS is you went to Prescott and Loton.. You also took your car to ND.. You aren't scared of distance that's for sure.. You were just scared of getting beaten on a track where your supercharger wasn't as much of an advantage. Best stick to those tight tracks aye.. You wouldn't want to take that thing over 110mph.

Btw, how many more years till we see your car on track again now you've run out of traders?

I noticed your Doune time in 2014 is your PB and that's only a tenth quicker than your 2010 time. Crazy to think all the work you've done in 7 years hasn't really made you any faster.. Did you even have the SC on in 2010?
Yes Kenny, of course you're right as always. I'll bow to your superior knowledge of everything Madmac.

So, after me asking you almost every year for over a decade, you still haven't the balls to come to Doune to see if your driving god skills can do a 44s run up there in a tin top.

Since you think being the fastest tin top up Doune ever isn't enough, why don't you come and take that accolade from me? It should be easy for such a driver of your calibre. That time is also a class record - you could walk away with 2 accolades in one journey!

What's your excuse, are you scared or is it too far?

I've been down to Harewood many times yet strangely each time I enter you've never had your car there. Surely that's no coincidence is it? What's your excuse for that then?

I await your entry to Doune.

EDIT: sorry to take the thread off topic. Some things just need to be said. As you were
"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car. "Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car. "Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence. "Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.

Last edited by Madmac; 12-09-2017 at 09:09..
Madmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:30   #66
FQ360 NICK
aka...JUDAS

Car: IX FQ360 TO X FQ360 GSR to 6rs to IX FQ340
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOXVILLE View Post
People will always make excuses.

I wanted to sprint and drove everywhere all over the country to compete. To and from every event, sometimes doing over 500 miles in a day.

Never broke anything either.

One of the main reasons people don't enter is they feel they will be uncompetitive or fair badly. Everyone wants to win don't they?!

Shame it's gone this way, met some great lads over the years.
Same as that Gav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie-evo4 View Post
This^^^

I was the same, doing over 800 mile round trips to come last at most of the sprints lol.

Apart from 2 engines, 2 gearboxes, 3 clutches, 1 rear diff and a few other things I never had a problem with breakages.

Like the idea putting it on with a show and also the SLS up here have got it spot on I think with rules as earlier mentioned.
And never got any faster

Face it MLRSS is dead .

Bring back Banter, fist fights and cheating .......lol
FQ360 NICK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FQ360 NICK For This Useful Post:
davie-evo4 (12-09-2017), Mat@MG Autos (12-09-2017), octainejunkee (15-09-2017), PFC (14-09-2017), Unobtainium (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 17:22   #67
Unobtainium
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmac View Post

So, after me asking you almost every year for over a decade, you still haven't the balls to come to Doune to see if your driving god skills can do a 44s run up there in a tin top.
Well that's a blatant lie for a start. I've not spoken to you for years and I certainly didn't know you in 2003

Quote:
Since you think being the fastest tin top up Doune ever isn't enough
No its not enough. 1 tenth faster in 7 years is far from enough after the amount of money you have spent. I'd expect a bigger improvement.

Quote:
That time is also a class record - you could walk away with 2 accolades in one journey!
Yeah but nobody would care.

Quote:
What's your excuse, are you scared or is it too far?
I've done the MLRSS a few times in Scotland. The tracks were beyond crap and only a few scots could be bothered to turn up. Yes, it's way too far to accomplish nothing in a class with hardly any competitors.

Quote:
I've been down to Harewood many times yet strangely each time I enter you've never had your car there.
Oh really? So what about that time your friend video'd me? You even set up my ikeya shifter and did a thread about it. How can you possibly not remember that? Steven Darley beat you that day with a single turbo'd Subaru too. It's lie after lie from you here isn't it.

Here's proof if your memory is that bad.

http://www.harewoodhill.com/download...ton%202011.pdf

Quote:
Surely that's no coincidence is it? What's your excuse for that then?
Coincidence? But I was there with you all weekend looking at the vbox and trying to help you beat Steven. That's the day Steven got the record that you still haven't beaten. Donald, I'm afraid you've just lost all credibility so I'm going to move on. I actually feel embarrassed for you. Try telling the truth for once.

Sorry people for the usual madmac vs me bitchfest. It goes back to when a tuner was caught lying about saving his engine when in reality it was all over the field at Harewood.

Moving on....

Javelin just sold out Cadwell Park well over a month early. They must be doing something right?

http://www.javelinsprintdays.co.uk/s...&product_id=67

Massive entry list too.

Last edited by Unobtainium; 13-09-2017 at 11:12..
Unobtainium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 17:26   #68
Aidy
Jesus built my car

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross W View Post
I'm just struggling to understand what is wrong with the series?
I'm sure anyone reading this thread will agree it's a mystery.
Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aidy For This Useful Post:
kins (13-09-2017), Mita (12-09-2017), Ross W (12-09-2017), uk87 (13-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 17:42   #69
Unobtainium
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
I'm sure anyone reading this thread will agree it's a mystery.
It's much worse over on facebook on the javelin page yet they sold out....try not to get your internet hate confused with the facts. Evos have had their day. There's not much more to it.
Mat@MG Autos (12-09-2017), octainejunkee (15-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 17:59   #70
a1axx

Get a Facebook sprint group going, with banta /thread

a1axx is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to a1axx For This Useful Post:
Unobtainium (12-09-2017)
Old 13-09-2017, 11:04   #71
Madmac
Twincharger Guru

Car: Evo 5 850hp Hillclimb twincharger & Manual Legnum VR4 Type S
My Car
Quote:
Well that's a blatant lie for a start. I've not spoken to you for years and I certainly didn't know you in 2003

You've been asked many times to put your money where your mouth is over the last 10 years and come have a go at Doune since I made the effort to come down to your local hill to have a go, a few times. Still waiting....

Quote:
Oh really? So what about that time your friend video'd me? You even set up my ikeya shifter and did a thread about it. How can you possibly not remember that? Steven Darley beat you that day with a single turbo'd Subaru too.
Oh sorry, I forgot about that. I stand corrected. How did that day go for you?

I still went below the record on the day, exactly what I set out to do when I went down. There's no shame in Steven lowering the record, it gives me a target for next time. That's hillclimbing

Quote:
That's the day Steven got the record that you still haven't beaten.
Because i've been back once and had engine trouble in 2nd practice as you know.

Quote:
Sorry people for the usual madmac vs me bitchfest. It goes back to when a tuner was caught lying about saving his engine when in reality it was all over the field at Harewood.

No, this goes back to the time you posted an illegally obtained private email from me to another member on an MLR thread when you were warned prior that doing so implicated you in a case where the perpetrator of the crime was caught, questioned by the police, admitted the crime and had to deal with it by means of restorative justice.

It was your posting of that email that led to the perpetrator being caught. That also left a trail of evidence implicating you as well. Nice one, thanks
"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car. "Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car. "Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence. "Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
Madmac is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Madmac For This Useful Post:
Mita (13-09-2017)
Old 13-09-2017, 11:43   #72
Unobtainium
Senior User

My Car
I'd reply to each part of your wrongness above but I think you've done enough to ruin this thread already. BTW, nobody was arrested and the bobbies didn't even contact me

Meanwhile, the mini evolution is faster than you up your local track, Doune. Get back to me when you have beaten his time.

Let's leave this thread alone now as it's about the MLRSS ideas. If you're still desperate for a bitchfest open another thread in chit chat and we can bore everyone to tears on there.

Apologies to Ross on mine AND Donald's behalf.
octainejunkee (15-09-2017), wizzzbang (13-09-2017)
Old 13-09-2017, 18:40   #73
kins
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo VI RS
My Car
Send a message via MSN to kins Send a message via Skype™ to kins

I like Geoff's idea of half days track day in the morning and a sprint in the afternoon - Sprint Specials! I think that would work for a reasonably sized group and we could pay up front to get the numbers before booking perhaps?
kins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kins For This Useful Post:
RSgeoff (13-09-2017)
Old 13-09-2017, 20:13   #74
evo_luver
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 5 GSR with fully forged engine and lots of other toys, view my car for all the details.
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kins View Post

I like Geoff's idea of half days track day in the morning and a sprint in the afternoon - Sprint Specials! I think that would work for a reasonably sized group and we could pay up front to get the numbers before booking perhaps?

Yep I think it's an excellent idea

Understeer: the front of the car hits the wall, oversteer: the rear of the car hits the wall, horsepower: how fast you hit the wall, torque: how far the wall moves
evo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evo_luver For This Useful Post:
RSgeoff (13-09-2017)
Old 13-09-2017, 21:06   #75
peeler
Senior User

Car: RED TME, Transit M-Sport, Range Rover Lumma GTevo
My Car
Cool

Does sound like a great idea tbh, and the times would be super quick after running the track in the morning

Morning track day / practice afternoon sprint

Regs 2013 I think that was the good year

Where can I pay

2013, Norris Designs 100k+ build , issues at every event entered

2014 2nd MLRSS Class B

2015,16 MLRSS class B champion , 2015,16 IOM 3day Manxhill climb champion
peeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peeler For This Useful Post:
octainejunkee (15-09-2017), reedy3rs (14-09-2017), Unobtainium (13-09-2017)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: