Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Technical Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-03-2017, 12:22   #1
dan.h
Senior User

Engine oil for 2.3 stroker

Hey everyone, I'm sure this gets asked all the time and I've scrawled the internet and read a fair bit on here but I'm still to make any of my own conclusions.

I had a 2.3 stroker engine built by Evotune last year and I've probably covered around a 1000 miles since its been run in and mapped. It is running 10 60 millers cfs oil and I bought some more in case it needs any top ups.

Im thinking of putting it on the road around June time so will probably have it serviced again just before I start to use it.

I've been reading a lot about this oil and other types and some people say its too thick others say its fine. Trouble is although the engine has been built over a year its done very little miles. I don't want to cause any problems by changing the grade of the oil. I fully trust what oil Jamie has supplied but you know what its like when you start reading into things its just set my mind ticking away.

Car is currently running 460 bhp on lowish boost so future plans are get the actuator sorted and push my s205b turbo harder or opt for a hta 30 turbo kit. So north off 500 the car will be running.

I know usage is important so I would say road use and if I'm lucky the odd track day.

Thanks in advance guys.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: