Lancer Register Forum banner

***Japanese Import Car History Check***

126K views 409 replies 98 participants last post by  RMI 
#1 · (Edited)
I have found a site in Japan for checking the history of your Japanese import.

Auction grade, mileage check, accident damage report, radiation check, correctly de-registered, its all there.

I entered my cars chassis number, which went through Japanese auction 13 months ago, and the report has come back with the correct auction image which is very interesting. Up until now after 3 months cars were generally lost in the system and coudn't be found. Turns out that is no longer the case...

I have not paid for the full report as i have all my auction documents inc. Full Japanese service history and BIMTA certificate and so i am happy with the history i have, but if you have doubts or are merely inquisitive then i could be a very handy tool. Cost for the full report is 3,500 JPN - around £22.00 at todays rates.

I have added the link to the navigation bar on my website or you can CLICK HERE to get there directly.

If someone gives it a try and it all works well then we'll make this a sticky in this section.

:smthumbup

See less See more
#180 ·
I can see both sides and yes Mal shouldn't be dishing out advice when he doesn't know. I just think it's a bit off everyone having a go. Some are getting a bit personal. It's supposed to be fun too :)

Anyway back on topic, just my opinion.
i'm very thick skinned i dont get offended easily..........Jesus Christ i wouldn't still be here if i did :eek:

#186 ·
I applied for mine yesterday night, Sunday.

The report was in my inbox first thing this morning.

A lovely grade 4 B, thankfully.

It was exported from Japan 8 years ago.

No photo of it at auction, but the sheet is good enough. Also the service history mileage records are handy to have. When I tell some people the mileage their reply is "yeah, sure, plus the rest". Not that it's ridiculously low or anything.

Well worth the €30.

#187 ·
I applied for mine yesterday night, Sunday.

The report was in my inbox first thing this morning.

A lovely grade 4 B, thankfully.

It was exported from Japan 8 years ago.

No photo of it at auction, but the sheet is good enough. Also the service history mileage records are handy to have. When I tell some people the mileage their reply is "yeah, sure, plus the rest". Not that it's ridiculously low or anything.

Well worth the €30.
Thats a great result, i'm well chuffed for you, thank you for sharing :smthumbup

#188 ·
I've got a deposit on a fresh imported 7, i'm going to ring the dealer tomorrow and get the full chassis number, hope everything is ok, I'm guessing I can demand my deposit back if the dealer has covered things up or clocked it?
Shame as the car is solid and looks mint, but I just hate being lied too and won't pay over the odds if it's done 100 million miles.

#190 ·
Mine graded a 3.5. Torque GT translated the auction sheet for me which offered the following comments on condition:

Roof paint dull, small stains
Front bumper scratched
Small dents on the passenger door
Steering worn
Interior dirty
Trim worn, loose

All pretty easy stuff to rectify and the car now presents as mint with a near perfect underside. Hard markers!

#197 ·
See what I'm saying about the difference?? You'd think it'd been sprayed, lol, especially how grimey it was behind the door handle and the swirls EVERYWHERE, especially on the boot lid and roof :blah:

A good detailed can turn it into a new looking car and these cars are the best at their trade, they've done 3 of my Evos :thumbup:

#200 ·
This was a pic I have of mine, see the UV fade I was talking about over rear drivers arch and drivers wing mirror

Car still had a lovely shine BUT needed that detailing to bring it out, MOST important thing for me was ZERO damage and totally rot / rust free.

Wheels were caked in brake dust too :crackup:
Do you know what the paint depth was reading before and after the detail?

#199 · (Edited)
Got mine back today, grade 3.5 due to marks on the front end and the nick on the rear 1/4 which is still present.

Makes sense as the front end had a complete respray so tallys.

Car has had collision damage in 2012, doesn't say what just repaird in the status bar. I have had all bumpers off this car, side skirts etc and I can't see anything, it's had a replacement boot lid and the rear bumper looks new so that must be it.

Mileage looks to be correct also "phew"

#206 ·
I'll try and sort mine later on chaps - absolutely happy to post everything up when it comes back :)

I think mine was quite unusual, when i bought it last year it came with everything (pictures on the docks / boat-shipping reference papers, container information, picture of the auction and a ton of history from Japan that i can't understand) so hopefully i won't get a surprise!

Rob

#209 ·
Yeah want to get mine translated, as mine was a 4c

Thought C was a bit harsh on the trim ��

Want to know what the rest says
I picked this up from one agent's website:

Note that there is often little difference in reality to a Grade B and C interior. Sometimes a car will receive a lower grade simply for not being perfectly clean.

#211 ·
Regarding the fact that some members have remained silent, I think some sympathy and understanding for those with bad news is in order. Having bad news means discussing the matter with the dealers and lawyers if necessary. While that's going on, discussing it here would not be a really bad idea, however much MLR members might enjoy reading the gory details.

I totally support what Rich has done though, it's going to be painful for many and potentially ruinous for some dealers. The fall-out will be huge. We're not going to see anymore red TME's for sale with 49k miles for a while. But the geniune cars can only be worth more once the dust has settled. I for one will be glad to see the back of dishonest Japanese imports. Without this site and others like it we'd all still be in the dark.

#212 ·
Something i've said from the very start is that if people want to keep information to themselves then that is totally fine by me. I respect that and i can fully identify with it.

Its very easy to create the wrong impression about your car, too much information is a bad thing at times, i feel that in some respect's i have done that by sharing the renovation of my own car with others on here, let alone broadcasting bad news from the auction papers (which fortunately i didnt have to).

#213 ·
Sorry, I wasn't implying that being economical with the truth is OK. Now this information is publicly available for £22, there's simply no point in doing so which is a good thing.

I only meant that discussions are bound to be going on behind the scenes and its in the buyer's interests to be careful about what they write on a public forum. Once the dust has settled I'm sure we'll see more and more people coming forward.

#215 ·
Sorry, I wasn't implying that being economical with the truth is OK.
I didn't think you was :lol:

I kinda agree with the above comments, but what about the poor sod that buys it again?? He or she has a right to know imo??
I don't think there will be many on here now who would knowingly buy an imported car without a check.

I feel for all those who bought before this check was available, and for those who are still going to buy without knowing about it :(

#216 ·
The 'next guy' will know unless he can't be arsed to spend £22. Anyone in their right mind will do that so the game is up and about time too.

It can only be good news for those with honest, verifiable cars. Regarding your car Pete, I don't get why anyone would be put off having some paint done to a 16 year old car. I'd see perfect paintwork as a plus. I looked at an FQ 360 recently. The first thing I'd do to it is paint the front bumper if it was mine. I guess the best thing to do is to take before and after pics to reassure any suspicious types when the time comes to move it on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.