Lancer Register Forum banner

***Japanese Import Car History Check***

126K views 409 replies 98 participants last post by  RMI 
#1 · (Edited)
I have found a site in Japan for checking the history of your Japanese import.

Auction grade, mileage check, accident damage report, radiation check, correctly de-registered, its all there.

I entered my cars chassis number, which went through Japanese auction 13 months ago, and the report has come back with the correct auction image which is very interesting. Up until now after 3 months cars were generally lost in the system and coudn't be found. Turns out that is no longer the case...

I have not paid for the full report as i have all my auction documents inc. Full Japanese service history and BIMTA certificate and so i am happy with the history i have, but if you have doubts or are merely inquisitive then i could be a very handy tool. Cost for the full report is 3,500 JPN - around £22.00 at todays rates.

I have added the link to the navigation bar on my website or you can CLICK HERE to get there directly.

If someone gives it a try and it all works well then we'll make this a sticky in this section.

:smthumbup

See less See more
#127 ·
I wished it was an April fools. Turns out I'm the fool!
Last reported odometer reading before import was 119000km.
After a day of digging yesterday I managed to get hold of original owner who brought from Sva and he swears it had 73km on import and that's what he was told by Sva. He went as far as to show me an email from Sva that stated 73k. Question is what does the k mean? Someone has been misled somewhere along the line.

#138 ·
I've done some digging on Sva and seen a lot of their adds that either state no mileage or simply put k after the number. I even mailed them last year about a white 9 GT and it had sold but they said we've got two on the way, one has 40k and the other has 50k I believe it was. I will find the email later but if you do your own research on here and elsewhere you will see what I mean. This is not just coincidence.

#139 ·
Just got mine back this morning, stating that it had 30,000Km when it left Japan (18645 miles). When I bought it 6 years ago, it read 19 some odd thousand miles. So, when the conversion was carried out for the speedo to run from KMPH to MPH, the odometer now also reads in miles

I always was sceptical of anyone selling a Jap import which had been converted to MPH, still reporting that the odometer was displaying Kilometres. If the odometer says 100,000, then it's 100,000 miles and not 62150 miles.

#148 ·
To be fair up until this thread I'm guessing MANY MANY people were driving around with cars that have had some miles or KM removed.

Yours is still a nice example, get it out the garage and go a nice spirited drive the weekend you'll soon forget about all this with a huge grin across your face :smthumbup

#159 ·
Just like to say rich is a top chap and took the time to speak to me about my issue even though he was in hospital! If that's not helpful I don't know what is!
This thread he's created is a great tool to stop dodgy traders in their tracks and give people the opportunity to find out a lot more about their cars.
I could have kept my issue quiet but that would not assist in stopping others making the same mistake. Top chap. Thank you. :smthumbup

#161 ·
So sorry to hear this news Mike. Your heart must have sank!

Have you spoken with Chris about this?

I have seen this car in the flesh many times and couldn't believe how mint it was, Inside, outside and underneath. I was actually contemplating buying it myself so I am very shocked to stumble across this posted and see the news.

Chris is one of the most honest people you will ever meet, in fact some of his friends have a laugh because of how straight laced he is.

I agree it is rather annoying sva don't sort the mileage out and be more clearer. I too have looked at 1 or 2 cars but gave up as I didn't feel comfortable with the information I was provided or the attitude I was given.

Really hope it hasn't left a sour taste in your mouth (I'm sure it will do short term I guess) but you have a very good example car with some great bits on it now.

God I'm scared to check mine now :confused:

#163 ·
So sorry to hear this news Mike. Your heart must have sank!

Have you spoken with Chris about this?

I have seen this car in the flesh many times and couldn't believe how mint it was, Inside, outside and underneath. I was actually contemplating buying it myself so I am very shocked to stumble across this posted and see the news.

Chris is one of the most honest people you will ever meet, in fact some of his friends have a laugh because of how straight laced he is.

I agree it is rather annoying sva don't sort the mileage out and be more clearer. I too have looked at 1 or 2 cars but gave up as I didn't feel comfortable with the information I was provided or the attitude I was given.

Really hope it hasn't left a sour taste in your mouth (I'm sure it will do short term I guess) but you have a very good example car with some great bits on it now.

God I'm scared to check mine now :confused:
Hi mate,
Yea I've spoke to Chris and he said he had no idea and I believe him. It's just one of those things I suppose I've got to decide what to do with it and try to deal with it. Still as you say it is a nice car.

#162 ·
For your reference on grade sheets:
A1 Small Scratch
A2 Scratch
A3 Big Scratch
B - Dent with scratch
E1 Few Dimples
E2 Several Dimples
E3 Many Dimples
U1 Small Dent
U2 Dent
U3 Big Dent
W1 Repair Mark/Wave (hardly detectable)
W2 Repair Mark/Wave
W3 Obvious Repair Mark/Wave (needs to be repainted)
S1 Rust
S2 Heavy Rust
C1 Corrosion
C2 Heavy Corrosion
P - Paint marked
H - Paint faded X Need to be replaced
XX Replaced
B1 Distortion on (radiator) core support or back panel (approximately size of a thumb)
B2 Big Distortion on (radiator) core support or back panel
Y1 Small Hole or Crack
Y2 Hole or Crack
Y3 Big Hole or Crack
X1 Small Crack on Windshield (approximately 1cm)
R Repaired Crack on Windshield
RX Repaired Crack on Windshield (needs to be replaced)
X Crack on Windshield (needs to be replaced)
G - Stone chip in glass

#164 ·
Keep it and enjoy it Mike, it's a rot / rust free example which is everything today, OK, it's got 20k more on it, get it serviced properly belts etc BECUASE I'd have to have that done for piece of mind, yes it's gut wrenching mate but it's a cracking car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.