Lancer Register Forum banner

***Japanese Import Car History Check***

126K views 409 replies 98 participants last post by  RMI 
#1 · (Edited)
I have found a site in Japan for checking the history of your Japanese import.

Auction grade, mileage check, accident damage report, radiation check, correctly de-registered, its all there.

I entered my cars chassis number, which went through Japanese auction 13 months ago, and the report has come back with the correct auction image which is very interesting. Up until now after 3 months cars were generally lost in the system and coudn't be found. Turns out that is no longer the case...

I have not paid for the full report as i have all my auction documents inc. Full Japanese service history and BIMTA certificate and so i am happy with the history i have, but if you have doubts or are merely inquisitive then i could be a very handy tool. Cost for the full report is 3,500 JPN - around ÂŁ22.00 at todays rates.

I have added the link to the navigation bar on my website or you can CLICK HERE to get there directly.

If someone gives it a try and it all works well then we'll make this a sticky in this section.

:smthumbup

See less See more
#86 ·
Yes that was why I bought it so it's what mattered. There's plenty with panels sprayed anyway. They're 17+ years old! The condition underneath is A1 all bolts and lines are still good zinc plated. Zero rust and no chassis issues.

I'm happy Pete, I'm building it to how I want it anyway , not fussed about the next guy! I will be too old to care by then ;)

QUOTE=Pete L;5632200]That's good to hear at least then pal :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

#87 ·
Steve, don't worry about the car having had paint, mine has, remember the UV levels are high out there hence NEARLY everyone I know with a Mak has faded interior, so you can bet your bottom dollar a lot of these cars that go through auction ( especially) RED have had paint, no way would they look so fresh with faded interior and gleaming paint, that's impossible, paint will go like the interior, I pick RED Out because UV really affects RED badly, you've only got to look at cars in the UK, they have a pink bumper, pink roof and the rest can still be RED. lol

#157 ·
Good afternoon all. Sorry for the lack of input on my part and for not answering PM's but i was re-admitted back into Hospital Tuesday after post-Op complications. Released this morning and so hopefully on the up and up from here.

Looks like quite a few people have done a report so that is nice to see.

Hi Simon, the find was a good one, sorry the information wasn't quite what you hoped for, but the grade is good and you know yourself the condition is right, if not quite so the mileage. These cars are all about the condition, let there be no confusion.

Considering the amount of people on here this could directly effect, it's been awfully quiet.. Either people are ignoring it or they already know something bad. As to me it's the first thing you would want to know if you owned an import? I've noticed none of the importers have chimed in :)
I dont know if people are ignoring it, it makes no odds. Even if they do a report not everyone wants to make everything public. There's an awful lot of lurkers on here who i'm sure have benefited from the thread, if not directly by carrying out a report on their own car, then by being made aware of the import situation.

Just in case anyone isn't sure about the website i decided to check all my vehicles for added security and completing the final jigsaw of having all the paperwork for each car, as you don't get these reports when importing from japan.

I have to say they are accurate all the pictures and auction sheets match and tie in.

Obviously a big thanks to rich w for this, did mine through your website.
Thank You Wasim for your vote of confidence :smthumbup

The wait is over and I'm over the moon that mine has come back with exactly the same info as I was told by SVA on delivery, it's a grade 4 with the exact mileage I was told befor I bought it, so thanks Rich for supplying the details :smthumbup :coolsm:
Well chuffed for you mate, i'd buy a lottery ticket tonight if i was you :lol: :D

ok sorry for late reply,been messing with re sizing my pics .......overall im happy with my new info so would like to say thanks to rich for find and support.sorry for my long speech :smthumbup
Thanks for taking the time to write out the report, it makes great reading :coolsm: Very interesting to see the bigger picture so to speak with the cars history. Sorry i could help you earlier in the week.

Got mine this morning, thankfully it all checks out fine as expected, i already had the auction sheet. I just don't know why all the cars going through auctions have so many dents.
Not sure what it says on my windscreen on the sheet but it doesn't have any chips etc.
Nice one Kev :D The cars going through auction haven't been prepared in the way that cars are on forecourts are, hence the dents. In some ways its not a bad thing as its probably had a low amount of owners and so not had them taken out everytime its been sold on :confused:

The note on the windscreen could refer to something inside the car?

Got mine this morning, looks very clean in the pictures. Wish I could read Japanese! Don't think I've had it all yet as I've only got the pictures and the sheet I can't read!
Did you get the rest through in the end? I'll add a key to the webpage so people can figure out what W2 and U1 etc. means. The writing to the left of the sheet you would need interpreting, there are places where you pay to have this done, or maybe take it into your local Japanese restaurant :smthumbup (i seriously was going to do this :blush: )

Got mine. Turns out my GT is on 75000m not 75000km as first thought! Bad times! :(
Very very sad to hear this Mike. Obviously people wont know this but me and Mike swapped a couple of emails back and fourth once my health improved later in the week. The mileage on the car at time of auction (119,000km) was converted to miles (74,000miles) and the ODO adjusted to suit. The car was then sold with 74k on the clocks. Mike was lead to believe that the 74k was an unadjusted km reading as the car was a fresh untouched import.

do i still really need to do mine even if i have all the import docs and jap history?
I have seen "manipulated" auction sheets. The chances are though that what you have are genuine.

Its not a nice feeling when you open the report and discover you have been deceived :(
:rotz:

Just got mine back this morning, stating that it had 30,000Km when it left Japan (18645 miles). When I bought it 6 years ago, it read 19 some odd thousand miles. So, when the conversion was carried out for the speedo to run from KMPH to MPH, the odometer now also reads in miles

I always was sceptical of anyone selling a Jap import which had been converted to MPH, still reporting that the odometer was displaying Kilometres. If the odometer says 100,000, then it's 100,000 miles and not 62150 miles.
This depends on how the "conversion" is done. Many importers (inc. Ralliart back in the day) just use a small electronic box which sits on top of the gearbox. This adjusts the signal going from the gearbox to the display. Doing it this way the display is not touched, and so prior to the box the display all worked in KM, and after fitting of the box it then all works in miles. Hence the ads which say "XXXXX miles which is a mixture of km and miles".

Times have moved on and now we are seeing the displays themselves being converted, this is where we are seeing these ODO adjustments being made. At this point BIMTA certification comes in handy as the conversions are officially audited.

#95 ·
Got mine this morning including auction sheet but no photos available. Grade 3.5 and a pretty clear looking auction sheet from what I can decipher and nothing bad at all on the report BUT the car had a 70k km haircut between export in 1/2010 and inspection in Sydney in 3/2010. Presently my car is with Torque GT and ready for collection, Mike has been praising the quality of the car so I am quite disappointed at that because the condition seemed to tally with everything Mike reported on the car.

Guess that shows how rife odo fiddling is. Still she's an immaculate SCP car with no accident history :)

#109 ·
I would rather know than not Pete and don't mind sharing. The car is a minter, original paint, never crashed, interior has minimal fading, underside is immaculate. Factory SCP. I am going to enjoy owning it and driving it just how it should be :)

Thinking over how I take this up with the seller based in Australia at the moment.

#106 ·
Just in case anyone isn't sure about the website i decided to check all my vehicles for added security and completing the final jigsaw of having all the paperwork for each car, as you don't get these reports when importing from japan.

I have to say they are accurate all the pictures and auction sheets match and tie in.

Obviously a big thanks to rich w for this, did mine through your website.

#114 ·
ok sorry for late reply,been messing with re sizing my pics so sorry if they are to big or to small.just a small bit of info for you guys,been looking for an evo 6 gsr but then the Tommie maks came into my budget,went to look at one reduced from ÂŁ13000 down to ÂŁ9999,a uk model but upon inspection was far to rusty underneath for me to be happy with.kept looking then this came up.i went to view it,i was on my hands and knees looking all over trying my best to get a good look at as much as poss even underneath.i knew it had some paintwork carried out but for its age I thought thats fair enough and it looked good.it was showing just over 121000 kms on the clock.had a drive and liked it.the chap wanted ÂŁ9500,he said he had already put a new clutch in it and serviced it.(brought it from a service garage that also sold cars).I managed to do a deal for ÂŁ9000 which I also got the front drop links replaced,new front discs and pads and 4 new hankook tyres aswell.it still needs a few small odds and sods doing but nothing major.
then I saw this new site for checking the history so I brought a report and as you can see the 2 pics of before the car came over showing a few marks and scratches so he must have spent a few quid and had the paintwork done over here before putting it up for sale,it came over in august 2015 and I brought it dec2015 so the first uk owner.it shows the mileage is also correct and not been clocked although I have now had this changed to the equivalent in miles as that's just how I like it.unfortunatly I cant figure out how to get a copy of my report to put up to show you but that backs the mileage back to 2011 which it was only at 101000 kms.overall im happy with my new info so would like to say thanks to rich for find and support.sorry for my long speech :smthumbup

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.