Lancer Register Forum banner

***Japanese Import Car History Check***

126K views 409 replies 98 participants last post by  RMI 
#1 · (Edited)
I have found a site in Japan for checking the history of your Japanese import.

Auction grade, mileage check, accident damage report, radiation check, correctly de-registered, its all there.

I entered my cars chassis number, which went through Japanese auction 13 months ago, and the report has come back with the correct auction image which is very interesting. Up until now after 3 months cars were generally lost in the system and coudn't be found. Turns out that is no longer the case...

I have not paid for the full report as i have all my auction documents inc. Full Japanese service history and BIMTA certificate and so i am happy with the history i have, but if you have doubts or are merely inquisitive then i could be a very handy tool. Cost for the full report is 3,500 JPN - around £22.00 at todays rates.

I have added the link to the navigation bar on my website or you can CLICK HERE to get there directly.

If someone gives it a try and it all works well then we'll make this a sticky in this section.

:smthumbup

See less See more
#47 ·
Got mine back too :)

I've been wondering a lot on mine as it's an RS and such low miles so it's been interesting. I'm currently doing a full strip of the car, and I have found some overspray here and there which is to be expected. I've also found a fair few stone chips all underneath and on inside of rear bumper etc so it's been used in competition I would say hence the such low miles. It's got a bolt in cage and harness points inside so not sure what type of competition or what level. But at least it's been used how it was intended :)

It does state it's had a collision and has been repaired, which would explain the spray work (and this was the end of its career as it went to auction after that), But there's no way it would of been chassis related as there is zero evidence of anything anywhere. It's just too clean underneath. It was at auction though not the "dealer network" I was told which is naughty. It spent a long time at auction so it was either too expensive or not nice!! Anyway it's bloody lovely so even if it's had new doors boot and bonnet I couldn't care less. It's not going anywhere anyway !

Thanks for sharing Rich good info

#52 ·
Got mine back too :)

I've been wondering a lot on mine as it's an RS and such low miles so it's been interesting. I'm currently doing a full strip of the car, and I have found some overspray here and there which is to be expected. I've also found a fair few stone chips all underneath and on inside of rear bumper etc so it's been used in competition I would say hence the such low miles. It's got a bolt in cage and harness points inside so not sure what type of competition or what level. But at least it's been used how it was intended :)

It does state it's had a collision and has been repaired, which would explain the spray work (and this was the end of its career as it went to auction after that), But there's no way it would of been chassis related as there is zero evidence of anything anywhere. It's just too clean underneath. It was at auction though not the "dealer network" I was told which is naughty. It spent a long time at auction so it was either too expensive or not nice!! Anyway it's bloody lovely so even if it's had new doors boot and bonnet I couldn't care less. It's not going anywhere anyway !

Thanks for sharing Rich good info
Exactly what I said. Mine had been through a field when I got it. The mud was everywhere! I understand the people who pay a premium for theirs not knowing the history, but there are real bargains to be had out there! I am happy I saved mine from the breakers yard in the sky! More should be too. It took 9months to restore it and 11years later I still have her. Will be interesting to see other reports Come back. I don't think it should affect the values as long as done right.

#59 ·
hi guys id like to pull mine up , on the free check its found the basic details but do you HAVE to create an account as I was a bit unsure about it asking for account and bank details. I was hoping to just log in as usual with my paypal but this is not the case.thanks for any help , tony.

#67 · (Edited)
You could well be facing financial suicide by disclosing anything so it's hardly surprising :shrug:

I've just been in touch with someone else who did one and they are happy with their report, it came back confirming what they already knew - which was a good thing in this case :lol:

I do wonder if theres any conversations now taking place between owners and the people who sold them the car? :eek:

#74 ·
I my VII was imported in 2003 when I bought it, it's found the records :smthumbup

Reactions: RichW
#76 ·
Hi everyone. Purchased my report yesterday and it was delivered this morning. Got the auction sheet and pictures via email (which matched what Torque GT had provided me prior to sale). The report was all clear and provided good info and mileage history / verification. Thanks for the find Rich :thumbup:

#77 ·
Rich,

Surely at your age you know the answer :lol:

Reactions: RichW
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.