Lancer Register Forum banner

***Japanese Import Car History Check***

126K views 409 replies 98 participants last post by  RMI 
#1 · (Edited)
I have found a site in Japan for checking the history of your Japanese import.

Auction grade, mileage check, accident damage report, radiation check, correctly de-registered, its all there.

I entered my cars chassis number, which went through Japanese auction 13 months ago, and the report has come back with the correct auction image which is very interesting. Up until now after 3 months cars were generally lost in the system and coudn't be found. Turns out that is no longer the case...

I have not paid for the full report as i have all my auction documents inc. Full Japanese service history and BIMTA certificate and so i am happy with the history i have, but if you have doubts or are merely inquisitive then i could be a very handy tool. Cost for the full report is 3,500 JPN - around £22.00 at todays rates.

I have added the link to the navigation bar on my website or you can CLICK HERE to get there directly.

If someone gives it a try and it all works well then we'll make this a sticky in this section.

:smthumbup

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
I presume you didnt have any auction photos or sheet in the past?

Why not make this a sticky?
As in my initial post i'll make it a sticky once we have it verified as legit and peoples auction photos are correct, and if course that the service it provides is as promised.

I have had one done for mine but takes 24 hours to complete apparently

£22.86 via paypal
Thank you - i'm sure there lots of people hoping for a good result. It will be interesting to see what comes back. Did your car come through auction?

Does it give auction grade too?
Well it certainly provides the photo and so i would expect you'll be able to see the auction sheet aswell :smthumbup

#15 ·
I think they'll be a few people with a sickie feeling in their stomachs if i'm honest when they see the thread title.

It found mine (no picture though) and mine was imported 7 years ago,
It will be interesting to see how far back the pictures go.

If i don't calm down i'll end up doing a check on my own car i'm that excited about this site :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

#14 ·
OK - Just changed the link to my own website.

As everyone knows (sorry for carrying on about it :handsup: ) i have been very concerned about the integrity of imported cars since i first started looking for a car myself last year.

I'm going to make a dedicated page on my website over the next few days, uncovering some of the things that i have found. Gimme a couple of days and it'll be sorted; the link to the HPI checker is there and working now.

:smthumbup

#16 ·
TBH mine is purely out of interest. I know what's happened to mine. It's sat on 4 axle stands stripped back so I can see for myself. It's had some fun in its life but it's totally solid, no welding and BIMTA certified and zero rust. To me that's the important part.

I did have the "dealer network" story so it would be interesting to see if it went through auction. Sure it did.

#21 ·
The pleasure is all mine - i hope firstly that it works :lol: and secondly that you don't find anything bad :handsup:

Yes mine was an auction car, came through Torque GT.

Have the auction sheet and found a link to it online

But doesn't show the auction pic when I put in the chassis number
Thats a strange one then, if it found mine i thought it would have shown yours Andy. I hope you get all the auction photos and auction sheet when you get the full report through, fingers crossed :smthumbup

I bet there will be loads who 'just don't think it's worth it' as they 'know' their trader and 'trust' them implicitly. ..

In other words prefer to carry on in fantasy land
Ignorance is bliss. Issue is now that we have this link people are going to be using it when you come to sell. You might be better forewarned?

Found mine. No picture which is what I was expecting but under grade it says G S R and Japanese writing then a 6 at the end?

Oh and mine was imported 11 years ago in 2005! So it goes back quite far!
I am alittle confused here - have you got your full report back already? Does it have an auction diagram with it?

#25 ·
Ahh, i wasnt aware that the grade section section had anything to do with auctions and was more like a grade of lancer i.e. RS, GSR, Tommi Makinen etc.

On yours it says GSR TOMMI MAKINEN under grade, mine says GSR and some Japanese writing and a 6. No full report. I am guessing the Japanese writing is tommi makinen?
Mebbe so :lol:

Heres what mine says;

Attachments

#33 ·
I would imagine there is but i'm sure they'll have a book full of excuses for cars that they have already sold.

If it works out the way i hope it to then it will stop the trade of selling damaged and high mileage vehicles for large sums of profit at the customers expense. Buyer beware and all that :smthumbup

The downside is people who have already been fleeced and when they come to sell potential buyers now a have a tool that they didn't.

All pie in the sky though until the few who have bought a full report get back to us :handsup:

#37 ·
Yeah I have always been curious. It got fully repaired and restored to factory over here. I could not afford it any other way. I see it as saving it, especially now as numbers are dwindling. I will order the sheet then out of curiosity in a couple of weeks or so (completing on first house in two weeks) see what it says. I don't need to hide its history. Doubt it will ever go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.