Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series

Old 17-09-2017, 11:31   #91
Sparksgsr
Senior User

Car: viii fq320 & vi gsr
My Car
Just read some of the posts on here and I can't believe what I'm. Seeing your all supposed to be adults

Personally I come on here as I do not visit mainstream social media book face tweeter etc.. I see this and think this is exactly what's wrong with this forum of late maybe that's why the forum has been quiet because of the shouting between others. Unbelievable

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparksgsr For This Useful Post:
JasonL91 (17-09-2017), Whisky Dave (Yesterday), wizzzbang (17-09-2017)
Old Yesterday, 00:15   #92
johnfelstead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post

Exactly, I was talking to Mechell in Scotland years ago when they were struggling for numbers...and I said to open it up to the Scoobs. She said Darin didn't want to but some years later it happened. Now it's time to open it up to everyone, but again, Darin said to me personally...he didn't want to.
I drove in my first MLR sprint in 2010 in my Subaru, winning the none EVO class, my car was virtually standard, I finished 22nd overall around Teeside. The other cars in the none EVO class were a Golf and a BMW, so as far back as then you could enter in cars other than EVO's, including a Subaru. 36 cars entered that day.

I used that car throughout my time doing MLR events, eventually in the Subaru series that joined, it's still the only car I own and use every day, best result was 2nd overall and first Subaru in the wet at Snetterton 2014, only Liddy beat me that day. It's not stock anymore but it is still my daily driver. 2 BMW's and 2 Nissans entered the none EVO/Subaru class, the EVO/Subaru split was equal numbers, 37 cars entered that day.

I don't think the problem was not allowing other cars, they were allowed for the last 7 years. It's not just the EVO's that dropped off, the Subaru entry has died too.
johnfelstead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnfelstead For This Useful Post:
bobgenie (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 19:04   #93
TimC

Car: Evo IX GT
My Car
I've never competed in the MLRSS, I was going to do Blyton in 2014 but I never got my car back from being in a RTC in time so had to cancel.

The reason I have never competed is quite simply, life and other priorities and interests have taken over. I'd rather put £30 in my Triumph Daytona and go for a ride through The Lakes or Snowdonia than pay several hundred pounds to use my car on a track day or sprint. It's a more cost effective thrill for me being a 30 year old singe male who for the last few years has been saving up to get in the property ladder.
Old Yesterday, 19:30   #94
evo_luver
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 5 GSR with fully forged engine and lots of other toys, view my car for all the details.
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksgsr View Post
Just read some of the posts on here and I can't believe what I'm. Seeing your all supposed to be adults

Personally I come on here as I do not visit mainstream social media book face tweeter etc.. I see this and think this is exactly what's wrong with this forum of late maybe that's why the forum has been quiet because of the shouting between others. Unbelievable

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understeer: the front of the car hits the wall, oversteer: the rear of the car hits the wall, horsepower: how fast you hit the wall, torque: how far the wall moves
evo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:23   #95
evo_luver
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 5 GSR with fully forged engine and lots of other toys, view my car for all the details.
My Car
Quote:

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understeer: the front of the car hits the wall, oversteer: the rear of the car hits the wall, horsepower: how fast you hit the wall, torque: how far the wall moves
evo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:46   #96
RSgeoff
Senior User

Car: 2003 VI GSR.
My Car
Quote:
this is exactly what's wrong with this forum of late maybe that's why the forum has been quiet because of the shouting between others.
Mate it's been like this for as long as it's existed / no different to any other car forum. If people are upset by this it's lucky they weren't on here 5-10 years ago.
RSgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RSgeoff For This Useful Post:
davie-evo4 (Today), Greeny-o (Today), interbishi (Yesterday), octainejunkee (Yesterday), Unobtainium (Today)
Old Today, 10:15   #97
Ben_r1
Senior User

Car: IX MR FQ360 HKS
My Car
I did my first Sprint Series this year at Combe. With two runs left my clutch went and to this day it's sat in the garage missing out on all of summer because I can't afford the repairs.

For me the biggest turn offs was the necessity to launch to keep up with everyone taking it so seriously and there's no opportunity to warm up and cool down your car after a hot lap! It was mechanical abuse at it's finest.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day, but I'd never do another one. Even in the bottom class I was the only car on standard road tyres, it's too inaccessible to those of us who want to enjoy these cars but don't have a race team budget to **** into the wind.

#peasant
Ben_r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben_r1 For This Useful Post:
dessimpson (Today)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: