Lancer Register Forum banner

TME ebay advive

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  craig5 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I'm off too look tomorrow I'd plates on engine and scuttle pan seem to add up will invtergate The fully tomz , I have Reams of paper work to check the car against so by tomorrow I should know if it's Mechninally sound or a rot box will keep you guys in formed.

I have many pictures of the underside looks as if it's been Schultz recently there doesn't appear to be to much rust but will be able to
Investigate and hopefully clairfy if it's s cover up job .

Thanks for the replys

#9 ·
Been to see this morning gentleman mecanily it seems sound all warning lights are present and deillumanate once started no suspension knocks, clutch slippage, ayc clunks on low speeds, engine runs sweat as a nut .

But the area what concerned me was the suspension turrets drivers side had a hairline crack under the boot carpet.

But underneath The bottom of the turret had visible cracks on both sides what required some decent welding and frabracation work needed.

The price I managed to get well below asking food for thought. If anyone could give me some advice or a quick word I'd appreciate it.

Regards miles

I found one small area on the chassis rail with visible rust been filled

#12 ·
Been to see this morning gentleman mecanily it seems sound all warning lights are present and deillumanate once started no suspension knocks, clutch slippage, ayc clunks on low speeds, engine runs sweat as a nut .

But the area what concerned me was the suspension turrets drivers side had a hairline crack under the boot carpet.

But underneath The bottom of the turret had visible cracks on both sides what required some decent welding and frabracation work needed.

The price I managed to get well below asking food for thought. If anyone could give me some advice or a quick word I'd appreciate it.

Regards miles

I found one small area on the chassis rail with visible rust been filled
Run a mile, will just bring you grief and heart ache :shake:

#11 ·
You can't PM as your not a paid up member. This is up the road from where I used to work. Seen it parked up, looked a bit rough from a distance, never looked at it close up. You ideally need it up on a ramp to properly inspect the underside. You need someone who knows where to look and what to look out for.

Price is unrealistic from the condition I've see it in. What did he offer to you for ?, IMO £7-£8k tops as it needs money throwing at it.

#14 · (Edited)
I spoke to the owner on the phone a few weeks ago, it's got a lot more issues than he has decided to share on the advert. Hence i never bothered to go and view.. Sounded very rough. Also, why would you not get the windscreen replaced so someone can at least drive it away, as opposed to having to organise a trailer..

#15 ·
It didn't sound to rough to me but he had spent £1000 quid on the engine , with reciept to prove on 24 August .
I thought the same about the winderscreen absolute joke , also had a rear calliper binding and the rest of the pads were down to the metal.in the light of day I'm glad I walked .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.