Lancer Register Forum banner

***Japanese Import Car History Check***

126K views 409 replies 98 participants last post by  RMI 
#1 · (Edited)
I have found a site in Japan for checking the history of your Japanese import.

Auction grade, mileage check, accident damage report, radiation check, correctly de-registered, its all there.

I entered my cars chassis number, which went through Japanese auction 13 months ago, and the report has come back with the correct auction image which is very interesting. Up until now after 3 months cars were generally lost in the system and coudn't be found. Turns out that is no longer the case...

I have not paid for the full report as i have all my auction documents inc. Full Japanese service history and BIMTA certificate and so i am happy with the history i have, but if you have doubts or are merely inquisitive then i could be a very handy tool. Cost for the full report is 3,500 JPN - around £22.00 at todays rates.

I have added the link to the navigation bar on my website or you can CLICK HERE to get there directly.

If someone gives it a try and it all works well then we'll make this a sticky in this section.

:smthumbup

See less See more
#356 ·
I used this service this weekend just for a bit more background on the car as i already had the auction sheet. When the report came back it had pictures of the car from when it was imported in late 2016 and also from the time it was auctioned in 2012.

I also paid a little extra to have the auction sheets translated, im going to get it all printed off and it will all go towards the history of the car.

Heres from 2012

And here's from 2016

#357 ·
Ive just used the service for an old GT4 celica ive bought as a project, got all auction details which confirmed a few things i suspected and also set my mind at rest on others, good service.

I couldnt find details of what it sold at Auction for in Japan as it was over a year ago so if anyone knows if that is possible let me know, im just curious on sale price but doesnt really matter, i know which auction and lot number just not price.

Ian

#359 ·
Yes. It's basically an HPI check on the car and is much more accurate than any auction sheets.

It'll verify the mileage and will tell you if it's been in an accident or been written off which again auction sheets 'might' not tell you.

#360 ·
Yes as above you still get lots of good info, also you might find like many have that it did actually go through the auction if you didnt buy direct yourself, some importers claim the car comes from trader to hide things from auction and this report will give you all info.

Ian

#361 · (Edited)
Just used this service before travelling to view a VI TME - registration V802LDE & how thankful I spent £22!!

The CarVX report has come through.

Good News - Mileage is genuine and now reading at 94,000km approx which ties up when exported in 2015 with 90546km. Chasis number correct CP9A-0201201, lots of information, detail ,auction sheet there & good images from the auction house

Bad News - Grade R export from Japan with collison repair 10/07/2010 & 27/06/2015. It has been auctioned twice.
From the auction report there is/was damage to front splitter (now carbon), both front wings have been replaced (XX), drivers side both doors (W1), passenger rear door (A1), rear passenger side wing (A1), spolier (A1).

Now I would still have been interested in looking if the seller had of been honest & was not after top money, he originally stated the car was 'privately sourced'! But what else is hidden is my question. Thankfully I haven't wasted my time or money travelling across to view. Pm if anyone wants the export images or auction sheet. Thank you all for the input & help!!! The search continues

#362 ·
I've been tied up with a project so only just seen your reply - sorry the car didn't work out for you, I had someone else this week email me and is in the same situation but with an Evo 9, both him and the seller were unaware that the car was a Grade R, both understandably upset ( the current owner probably more so ).

Good Luck with the search :smthumbup

#363 ·
Hi peeps,

So after finally deciding to sell my car, a prospective buyer informed me of this service.

I guess rather ignorantly, I started my car advert whilst I was waiting for the check to come through. Now it's here, it changes things a bit.

The mileage is correct, but the issue is my auction sheet is showing RA.

I don't seem to be able to find the option to ask for a translation, have you any suggestions?

Normally, the auction sheets I have seen have all been covered in scribbles, this one has nothing on the actual car diagram.

Regards
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#369 ·
I'm looking at using this for the white Mak I bought last August.

The Chassis number on my car is CP9A 0201 344 and comes back as a:-

EVO-5 GSR(98M)/EVO-6 GSR(99,00M),5M/T

Is this correct?

#372 ·
I purchased a check last night at 11:30pm on an old Evo 6 I purchased from a mate last June and I'm toying with the idea of maybe selling it soon, report came back this morning and it was Auctioned twice in Japan both times Grade 4 with 78km... :D Happy days :coolsm:
Thanks to Rich for highlighting this service :)

#374 ·
Report came back all good. Original auction grade 4C. No hidden issues or reported damage. Correct mileage on auction sheet and history etc. Result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mita
#387 ·
Rich is a legend for bringing this check to our attention. I can't disclose any details as to why and how much it saved me, it wasn't accident damage though thank god, but I want to thank Rich for stopping me getting a minor shafting on my fresh import :smthumbup
If I see you at a show Rich I will personally thank you, shake your hand and buy you a brew and a big fat cake :smthumbup.
Again my hands are tied on disclosing any details, but buyers DO THIS CHECK ON ALL IMPORTS NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRUST THE SELLER :smthumbup:smthumbup

#391 · (Edited)
Just used the Jap history service to check out what looked like a reasonable IX Wagon. Came back with nearly double the KMs than shown on the dash and a significant amount of accident repair work after which it was auctioned off. Then there seemed a couple of years gap in its history before it surfaced in the U.K. if the owner was to be believed as to when it was 1st imported . I didn’t bother with a UK check given the poor jap history and significant clocking. Current owner wasn’t happy with the news as to his PnJ history . Shame as it did look clean and rust free underneath, though after the test drive I did wonder if it felt a little flat and underpowered compared to rose tinted memories of my old stock Ecu map 9GT, which could be due to lost horses after all those missing miles on the bores, probably needed rings refreshed as a min?

#392 ·
Just used the Jap history service to check out what looked like a reasonable IX Wagon. Came back with nearly double the KMs than shown on the dash and a significant amount of accident repair work after which it was auctioned off. Then there seemed a couple of years gap in its history before it surfaced in the U.K. if the owner was to be believed as to when it was 1st imported . I didn't bother with a UK check given the poor jap history and significant clocking. Current owner wasn't happy with the news as to his PnJ history . Shame as it did look clean and rust free underneath, though after the test drive I did wonder if it felt a little flat and underpowered compared to rose tinted memories of my old stock Ecu map 9GT, which could be due to lost horses after all those missing miles on the bores, probably needed rings refreshed as a min?
Sounds like a lucky escape, would it have worth trying to bid him down because of the mileage and repair history? Every cloud has a silver lining and all that? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.