Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Technical Questions

Old 17-01-2017, 06:44   #46
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
^^ this

Select sport which you can do at any time, stationary or on the move, then pust the toggle lever forward and hold it there for a few seconds when stationary (or moving very slowly). Pretty sure im right in saying that as well as speeding up the gear changes, holding the revs higher, s-sport also increases the responsiveness of the accelerator, think the manual said that.

I tend to start my car, select s-sport, turn off asc with 1 press, (press and hold the asc button will turn asc off completely and bring a warning on the dash, 1 quick press just reduces the impact of asc) then drive with those settings

The reason I do 1 press of the asc is I often found trying to exit junctions quickly on the wet muddy roads my way often meant the asc cut the revs on the slightest hint of wheel spin, leaving me half way out of the junction waiting for the asc to allow the car to accelerate again. With 1 press of the asc a small amount of slip/spin is allowed

Stu

Last edited by stu8; 17-01-2017 at 06:46..
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stu8 For This Useful Post:
nickyd150 (17-01-2017), zexel (17-01-2017)
Old 17-01-2017, 10:22   #47
nickyd150
Senior User

Car: EVO X SST 300. Now running 380/360 after Indigo GT rolling road modifications. KW 3 coilovers .
My Car
I'll have to try the ASC bit.
nickyd150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 13:03   #48
strange_days_uk
Simon EVO X

Car: EVO X SST 380 bhp
My Car
Left Hand indicator doesn't always self cancel

The auto windscreen wipers don't always wipe fast enough, especially in low light conditions

Interior fogs up to easily in wet weather and the windscreen can be a bugger to clear

Bluetooth paring with Stereo system is inconsistent, doesn't always work first time

To the OP - if you read the manual it says that in auto from cold start the SST deliberately changes gear at higher revs "to aid faster warming up of engine". Like Stu8, I AWLAYS drive in S-Sport from cold using paddles to change gear by 2k rpm. Also, I ALWAYS drive with ASC fully off, it's just more fun
strange_days_uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 13:16   #49
stu8
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiro View Post
Y- this also adds to the fact that I find the blind spot caused by the drivers side front pillar a pain in the backside.
Thanks for pointing this out, wasnt something id really noticed till you said it, now it annoys the hell out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_days_uk View Post
Left Hand indicator doesn't always self cancel

The auto windscreen wipers don't always wipe fast enough, especially in low light conditions

Interior fogs up to easily in wet weather and the windscreen can be a bugger to clear

Bluetooth paring with Stereo system is inconsistent, doesn't always work first time

To the OP - if you read the manual it says that in auto from cold start the SST deliberately changes gear at higher revs "to aid faster warming up of engine". Like Stu8, I AWLAYS drive in S-Sport from cold using paddles to change gear by 2k rpm. Also, I ALWAYS drive with ASC fully off, it's just more fun
Agree, windscreen does mist up too easily, as previously mentioned it clears the passengers side before the drivers side too. Yep, auto wipers I find rarely get it right

As for pairing, no issue what so ever, ever, htc android phone

Stu
Old 17-01-2017, 13:19   #50
stu8
Senior User

Quote:

funnily, mine doesnt, in s-sport cold, it will change up between 2 and 3k revs for a mile or 2, assuming im light on the accelerator, in auto

I rarely turn the asc off. ASC on for me is too intrusive, ASC off but not fully off doesnt interfere for me as a daily, so I leave it there, in the hope the limited ASC may help me keep out of trouble 1 day

Stu
Old 17-01-2017, 13:27   #51
strange_days_uk
Simon EVO X

My Car
Evo X SST - warm up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu8 View Post
funnily, mine doesnt, in s-sport cold, it will change up between 2 and 3k revs for a mile or 2, assuming im light on the accelerator, in auto

I rarely turn the asc off. ASC on for me is too intrusive, ASC off but not fully off doesnt interfere for me as a daily, so I leave it there, in the hope the limited ASC may help me keep out of trouble 1 day

Stu

Fully off I love because I can feel the car moving around on the road. And when it's wet, the occasional tiny drift out of a junction is fun, as is lighting up all 4 wheels off the lights
The Following User Says Thank You to strange_days_uk For This Useful Post:
stu8 (17-01-2017)
Old 19-01-2017, 20:54   #52
wheelspin

Car: Lancer Ralliart GS
My Car
Quote:
If you switch on the air con, it clears the windscreen very quickly. To save fuel I switch it on and off regularly during wet weather, unless it's humid too.

I noticed the US Evo X models have a driver adjustable indicator tone and sound settings, which UK cars don't have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lstDXhi05cQ

Last edited by wheelspin; 19-01-2017 at 20:56..
wheelspin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelspin For This Useful Post:
stu8 (20-01-2017)
Old 19-01-2017, 20:57   #53
Bedmonster
Senior User

or you could fit a heated windscreen, they are cheap.
Bedmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 21:16   #54
nickyd150
Senior User

Car: EVO X SST 300. Now running 380/360 after Indigo GT rolling road modifications. KW 3 coilovers .
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspin View Post
If you switch on the air con, it clears the windscreen very quickly. To save fuel I switch it on and off regularly during wet weather, unless it's humid too.

I noticed the US Evo X models have a driver adjustable indicator tone and sound settings, which UK cars don't have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lstDXhi05cQ
Never turn my A/C off. Isn't humidity control what's it all about?
Just my two pence worth.
nickyd150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 23:15   #55
Sephiro
Senior User

Car: Evo X SST 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyd150 View Post
Never turn my A/C off. Isn't humidity control what's it all about?
Just my two pence worth.
I rarely use my A/C or heated mirrors/rear window in the X due to the fear of seeing single figure MPG values

Seriously though, my problem with clearing the window is not that it doesn't clear where the air is hitting the window - it's the fact that the air vents on the dash are fixed pointing to the left which means that the last bit to clear is the area to the right in front of the driver. In some cases I've given up waiting for that specific area to clear and ended up sticking my hand in front of the vent to deflect the air back where it needs to go - given all the work that's gone into the design of the rest of the car it seems weird to have such a basic flaw.
Sephiro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiro For This Useful Post:
strange_days_uk (20-01-2017)
Old 20-01-2017, 06:48   #56
stu8
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiro View Post
I rarely use my A/C or heated mirrors/rear window in the X due to the fear of seeing single figure MPG values

Seriously though, my problem with clearing the window is not that it doesn't clear where the air is hitting the window - it's the fact that the air vents on the dash are fixed pointing to the left which means that the last bit to clear is the area to the right in front of the driver. In some cases I've given up waiting for that specific area to clear and ended up sticking my hand in front of the vent to deflect the air back where it needs to go - given all the work that's gone into the design of the rest of the car it seems weird to have such a basic flaw.
Agree, it is a very strange quirk

Stu
Old 20-01-2017, 08:45   #57
strange_days_uk
Simon EVO X

My Car
The blind spot on the front right is seriously annoying, especially on roundabouts or trying to spot an apex!
Old 20-01-2017, 09:29   #58
stu8
Senior User

Quote:
The blind spot on the front right is seriously annoying, especially on roundabouts or trying to spot an apex!
yep, definitely at roundabouts

Stu
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: