Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Picture & Video Gallery

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 20-03-2017, 15:05   #481
Gg3001
Senior User
 
Gg3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
My Car
Posts: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks

£35 is a bargain!
If you get the sticker done, i would buy one off you mate if poss, as i would like to get mine refurbed as well
Yea no worries, I will have a few done no problem, guy is very good, he's doing an OMP Ralliart steering wheel for me cant wait to see it.
Gg3001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 15:36   #482
Senior User
 
Rich@AppreciatingClassics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
My Car
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gg3001 View Post
Yea no worries, I will have a few done no problem, guy is very good, he's doing an OMP Ralliart steering wheel for me cant wait to see it.
Very much appreciated mate, i will certainly take one and then i can get it powder coated
Thanks
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Gg3001 (20-03-2017)
Old 22-03-2017, 07:12   #483
Senior User
 
Rich@AppreciatingClassics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
My Car
Posts: 1,117
So we made some progress lastnight....

Carly gave me a hand getting the front bumper off, then set about taking the radiator off, and exhaust manifold.

Once that was all off i swapped the bonnet latch and intercooler for the new genuine ones.

Bit of a difference in them
Very pleased with the change in appearance.

Tonight is removal of studs, and getting together a few nuts/bolts to send away for zinc plating. Having the exhaust manifold coated and then i can start getting it back together












Last edited by [email protected]; 22-03-2017 at 11:38..
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Blacky (22-03-2017), evolover21 (21-04-2017), maxest (22-03-2017)
Old 22-03-2017, 08:43   #485
Senior User
 
Rich@AppreciatingClassics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
My Car
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
As always , great work mate
Cheers mate, i just want it back on the road
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Mita (22-03-2017)
Old 22-03-2017, 08:52   #486
squeakyclean32
Senior User
 
squeakyclean32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TDC...
Car: Evo 6 TME.... White E9 GT....
My Car
Posts: 4,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Cheers mate, i just want it back on the road
Looking Great ....I have to say I'm quite envious of the Ralliart pipes

Know the feeling re wanting your car back in one piece to be able to drive it again...we seem to take a bit of ours apart everytime it is sorned for the winter ....really need to put it back together and carry on with more jobs next winter now
squeakyclean32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 08:55   #487
Senior User
 
Rich@AppreciatingClassics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
My Car
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakyclean32 View Post
Looking Great ....I have to say I'm quite envious of the Ralliart pipes

Know the feeling re wanting your car back in one piece to be able to drive it again...we seem to take a bit of ours apart everytime it is sorned for the winter ....really need to put it back together and carry on with more jobs next winter now
Thank you very much, i was very nervous going with the Ralliart pipes, but now i have them all fitted, and have got a few other bits in the bay how i wanted them, i am very happy with them

We planned on doing the bits over winter, but it seems we have left it until spring, lots of nice weather here at the minute, and Evo is in bits

Well worth making them just a touch better each winter though
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
squeakyclean32 (22-03-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 09:34   #488
Senior User
 
Rich@AppreciatingClassics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
My Car
Posts: 1,117
Well not a lot to report, i managed to get all the studs out, bar one!

Had some stubborn little buggers which i got out, but one of them snapped

Hoping to find time tomorrow night to get it out though, and get the new ones fitted.

The exhaust manifold is away being ceramic coated, and the rear anti roll bar is away being powder coated as well.
Got two more bolts to get off tonight and then i can send a few bits away to be zinc plated.

Ordered some half decent front pads (Performance Friction) as the pads currently fitted have no feel to them what so ever.

We are thinking of fitting 15mm spacers as well, the only thing that bugs me about the appearance of the car is how far the wheels sit inside the arches, and i think 15mm will be perfect, subtle and you could be forgiven for thinking it is how it came from the factory.

Also going to order some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres, as the Toyo Proxes do not work well on the Evo.
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:38   #489
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
My Car
Posts: 5,972
I was going to do the same to my manifold too. Mainly for appearance reasons. Has it gone to Zircotec? How much is it mate? My only worry was it may encourage the manifold to crack as more heat is kept in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well not a lot to report, i managed to get all the studs out, bar one!

Had some stubborn little buggers which i got out, but one of them snapped

Hoping to find time tomorrow night to get it out though, and get the new ones fitted.

The exhaust manifold is away being ceramic coated, and the rear anti roll bar is away being powder coated as well.
Got two more bolts to get off tonight and then i can send a few bits away to be zinc plated.

Ordered some half decent front pads (Performance Friction) as the pads currently fitted have no feel to them what so ever.

We are thinking of fitting 15mm spacers as well, the only thing that bugs me about the appearance of the car is how far the wheels sit inside the arches, and i think 15mm will be perfect, subtle and you could be forgiven for thinking it is how it came from the factory.

Also going to order some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres, as the Toyo Proxes do not work well on the Evo.
__________________
Evo 5 Rs 5 year build
Mita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:49   #490
Senior User
 
Rich@AppreciatingClassics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
My Car
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
I was going to do the same to my manifold too. Mainly for appearance reasons. Has it gone to Zircotec? How much is it mate? My only worry was it may encourage the manifold to crack as more heat is kept in?
No is has not gone to Zircotec buddy, it has gone to a local company who do all the manifolds on my mates race cars, and they have lasted well, with no peeling problems, or cracking issues.

As far as i know, it is not a common issue on these for cracking manifolds (not like the old Vauxhalls). And i dont drive ours hard or do many miles so i very much doubt it will cause any problems at all.

I did it for appearance to be honest, as they look like they should be black, but VHT paint wont last 5 minutes, and i dont fancy keep taking it off to paint it, to keep the appearance nice.

Will see how it looks when it arrives back
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Mita (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 12:36   #491
evo baz
MLR Oldie
 
evo baz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: At work probably - on the MLR though!
Car: NR built and mapped. CBRD BBK Full and Vipec power Evo 6.
My Car
Posts: 14,652
Had my JMF tubular manifold Zircotec coated some years ago with no issues.
__________________
evo baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:39   #492
Senior User
 
Rich@AppreciatingClassics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
My Car
Posts: 1,117
The coating it is having is called Zircotec, i just checked with the company
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Mita (03-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 14:30   #493
Silent_Scone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: West Sussex
Car: Viii FQ340 MR (Stock - EBC Blue pads)
Posts: 489
Get up some pictures of the RA pipes / engine bay when it's all back together please!
Silent_Scone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 14:34   #494
Senior User
 
Rich@AppreciatingClassics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
My Car
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Scone View Post
Get up some pictures of the RA pipes / engine bay when it's all back together please!
Will do mate

Managed to persuade the stud out lastnight, plus did some other bits.
Tonight i have an hour aside to put the new studs in and fit the new front pads.

Then it is simply a case of waiting for parts so i can start getting it back together
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:13   #495
Senior User
 
Rich@AppreciatingClassics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
My Car
Posts: 1,117
A few pics.....

These are away being re-done in gold zinc plating.


And these are away being done in black.


New water feed pipe.
Something that has always bugged me!


Also i noticed, the front offside caliper had a tiny bit of lacquer peel coming, so i picked it back and then lacquered the area, came up well


Fitted the new brake pads.



Managed to persuade the last stud out, so that meant i could set about fitting the new ones, loads better! Did some cleaning after this picture but i did not get anymore pics.



Just waiting on parts now!

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-04-2017 at 08:37..
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
evolover21 (21-04-2017), Mita (06-04-2017), Mr Ralliart (06-04-2017), RichW (06-04-2017)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT. The time now is 20:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.