Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Picture & Video Gallery

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-01-2016, 22:06   #151
Rich@AppreciatingClassics
Senior User

My Car
I got an hour in the garage tonight, got the sideskirts off, got all the adhesive off the boot from the spoiler, and then thought I would try out the Dinitrol cavity wax, very impressive stuff!

Will be doing some more tomorrow, and then start on the underside.
Rich@AppreciatingClassics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich@AppreciatingClassics For This Useful Post:
Mita (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 22:16   #152
Gunnerevo

My Car
Dinitrol is the biz, going to to my 6 and 7 in the spring
Gunnerevo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gunnerevo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 22:58   #153
evo baz
MLR Oldie

Car: NR built and mapped. CBRD BBK Full and Vipec power Evo 6.
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage16v View Post
I got an hour in the garage tonight, got the sideskirts off, got all the adhesive off the boot from the spoiler, and then thought I would try out the Dinitrol cavity wax, very impressive stuff!

Will be doing some more tomorrow, and then start on the underside.
Out of interest, were there any cracks on the underside of the spoiler - where it mounts onto the boot lid. Very common fault, hopefully not on yours due to its mega low mileage.
evo baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:50   #154
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerevo View Post
Dinitrol is the biz, going to to my 6 and 7 in the spring

Yeah really impressed with it, did all the front box sections & the near side arch box sections & arch itself. Can't wait to get in the garage and carry on
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich@AppreciatingClassics For This Useful Post:
Mita (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 06:52   #155
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo baz View Post
Out of interest, were there any cracks on the underside of the spoiler - where it mounts onto the boot lid. Very common fault, hopefully not on yours due to its mega low mileage.
No cracks mate, not that I saw anyway.
I really took my time & was extra careful as the last thing I wanted was to damage the spoiler at all.

I am yet to clean the spoiler but certainly have not noticed any cracks mate
evo baz (09-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 13:32   #156
Senior User

My Car
So a little brief update, sold the front brake set up, and purchased stock front brake setup, and also some new rear discs whilst I was at it.

Painted the centres & outers silver (no pics but not very exciting).

Then removed the sideskirts, for a few reasons, one is so I can clean behind them, also clean the underside of the sideskirts themselves a little easier and so that when I cavity wax the sills I can go through the holes which the sideskirts clip in to.
The sills are fantastic under the sideskirts which is great.

I then set about trying out the Dinitrol cavity wax, starting with the nearside front box section, really very impressed with the stuff, really nice and easy to apply, and quite enjoyable to be honest.

I was very thorough, in and out of every hole, not matter how close they were to each other on the box section, and sprayed up, down, left, right, and straight ahead.

Then I went underneath and did the jacking point box setion, and chassis rail underside.

I didn't get any pics of once I had finished that side, but a couple of crappy during pics.

A few pics.

I also gave the outside of the box section a light coating, just to see how it looks before I give all the inner arches etc a coating, and looks fine to me...

Then the following evening me and the mrs went out, and she removed all the adhesive from the sideskirts, and then she asked if she could do the cavity waxing on the drivers side, I explained how best to do it, and she got stuck right in, and on inspection had done a better job than me, so I sent her to the side I had done, to go over my initial coatings lol!

And as it currently sits....

We have friends round tonight, but after they leave, I plan to get in the garage, finish fitting the front brakes, possibly cavity wax in the sills, and then mask the car up ready for its machine polishing tomorrow

Last edited by Rich@AppreciatingClassics; 12-01-2016 at 14:11..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich@AppreciatingClassics For This Useful Post:
Mita (12-01-2016), Mr Ralliart (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 14:07   #157
Mita
Senior User

Full marks for getting the Mrs to cavity wax!
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 15:37   #158
maxest
Senior User

My Car
You'll be clock watching for your friends to leave so you can get back in there lol
Old 12-01-2016, 15:47   #159
staffi
TOO many posts.......

Car: Ruri Blue IX GT
Cracking work pal, car looks well.

Pete.
Old 13-01-2016, 08:08   #160
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Full marks for getting the Mrs to cavity wax!
Lol, she loves getting involved, generally if I go in the garage, she goes and gets her scruffs on and comes out asking what she can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxest View Post
You'll be clock watching for your friends to leave so you can get back in there lol
We might of been doing just that lol, they live a fair way from us so they left around 9pm, whioch left us time to get in the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffi View Post
Cracking work pal, car looks well.

Pete.
Cheers buddy
Mita (13-01-2016)
Old 13-01-2016, 08:10   #161
Mita
Senior User

Impressed! What time do you normally stay in the garage till? ! I'm doing the same, it's ok if you get in a routine however my Mrs is too accident prone to help! I do things quicker alone! She just brings the tea out
Old 13-01-2016, 08:12   #162
Senior User

My Car
So lastnight we managed to get some time in the garage, started masking the car up ready for today...

As you can see I ran out of masking tape lol, but my friend is bringing some more with him this morning.

I did manage to find enough to mask the seals between the spats and the quarters though, which for me was quite important as I really don't want that seal to get 'glazed' by machine polishing.

You can see in the pictures that it is quite swirly, my friend is coming to my work, and I am just going to give him a key, send him to the house and leave him to it for the day.

Super excited to see it later today
Old 13-01-2016, 08:16   #163
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Impressed! What time do you normally stay in the garage till? ! I'm doing the same, it's ok if you get in a routine however my Mrs is too accident prone to help! I do things quicker alone! She just brings the tea out
Sometimes that's the best way mate lol, I think lastnight we were out in the garage until about 10.30pm, which isn't too bad.

On previous projects, I have been known to get home from work, straight in the garage until 2-3am, get a bath and a couple of hours kip then back to work first thing in the morning and do that for a few weeks just to get things finished, but I am getting too old for that now lol!

Around 10-11pm and I want the warmth of the house

I am hoping I find a bit of time tonight to get the spoiler back on, and cavity wax the sills but I have 2 cars being collected tomorrow, one of which needs a final detail.
Old 13-01-2016, 09:05   #164
mik1
T.M.E.

Car: TME
My Car
Car looks fantastic, great work. What (if anything) are you planning to do about the roof antenna?
mik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 09:21   #165
Mita
Senior User

Fair play! I got in the garage last night at 5pm and finished at 9pm! Feel bad now!!

Are you using a compressor for the dinitrol? Or are they aerosol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage16v View Post
Sometimes that's the best way mate lol, I think lastnight we were out in the garage until about 10.30pm, which isn't too bad.

On previous projects, I have been known to get home from work, straight in the garage until 2-3am, get a bath and a couple of hours kip then back to work first thing in the morning and do that for a few weeks just to get things finished, but I am getting too old for that now lol!

Around 10-11pm and I want the warmth of the house

I am hoping I find a bit of time tonight to get the spoiler back on, and cavity wax the sills but I have 2 cars being collected tomorrow, one of which needs a final detail.
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: