Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 6 wheel spacers advice

18K views 51 replies 16 participants last post by  Mr Ralliart 
#1 ·
Hi i dont know if its just me but the rear wheels look like they have been swallowed by the arches on the 6s. Iv always ran 17inch rims but in my white TME its alot more noticeable than previous vehicles maby being the colour im not sure.

Just wanted some advice and see if anyone else has done this but i was looking at getting some 15mm hubcentrics just for the rear as i dont mind how the front looks iv got coilys so can adjust ride height just incase the rub on the outer arch (wouldnt want to cut the arches on this) or would i have to go 15mm all around. Im in 2 minds as i dont want to make the handling or any mechanical issues come up. Will this be ok has anyone done it or suggest anything else. Thanks

#22 ·
I google searched and found RHDJapan has got a stack of them at heavily discounted prices. I run 245/45/17 road set and a 235/45/17 track set, if i go 20mm all round which i would like to ( in advertising picture it looks like you get the heavier duty nut, upgraded from the 15mm 4 pin hole type of fixing ) only thing is i'm worried that my 245's might rub, any thoughts ???
With ordering 2x pairs on RHDJapan, there are so many different types i'm very confused with codes / letters / numbers, also if you need the extra concentric ring ( what size is that ) also the right thread size nuts and the socket to suit to fit ??? Does it all come in the kit ( can't read Japanese sorry )
If anyone has ordered and fitted successfully, can you provide the WTS serial number for the 20mm ones for a Evo 6.5 TME that would be great, cheers

#24 ·
Right so just fitted the 15mm hubcentrics with evo 7 alloys running 235 45 17 all around. Does look alot better but taking it for a drive the rear is scrubbing on pot holes or bumps. Also i dont like how chuncky the tyres look on the alloys so just ordered myself some 235 40 17 will see how i get on then do the alignment to see how it handles. Thanks for all the help lads. Would you say go wider (hubcentrics) on front or
rear or leave them at 15mm all around.

#31 ·
just got my 20mm WTS in the mail today, they are a very nice piece of engineering, must say very well made, top quality.
next spare day i will get them on the car, all the measurements i have made ( lock to lock / ride height etc ) looks like they will fit perfectly, thanks mr ralliart & madmatt for steering me in the right direction, cheers

#34 ·
No worries mate. I'd advise re checking the tension (120 nm) after you've driven on them a bit as they may settle a little. But then you should be fine.

I did dozens of track days and would always check the tension before hand just for piece of mind but not once did they ever come even slightly un done. Quality gear :smthumbup

#35 ·
Thanks, i had a look at the blue instruction paper and did notice the 120 nm and combinations of tightening the spacers and then the wheels I will definitely follow, I have bought myself a torque wrench so it will be spot on, again thanks for the good safety tip on checking the nm tensions, something i would never of thought about, cheers

#36 ·
Would it be possible to get the 15mm spacers, and depending on the wheel, add a simple 5mm spacer? Or is it too sketchy? What I am thinking about here, is that for the factory wheels 20mm would be perfect, but if I upgrade to 8" wide wheels, then 15mm would be the maximum before rubbing the arches (as I understand). :blah:

#37 · (Edited)
WRC cars used to do it sometimes but they use extremely expensive gear :lol:

Possible? Of course. Sketchy? It's one of those things, on paper it should be fine but personally I wouldn't tempt Murphy's Law.
I wouldn't do it for any amount of time, to test the width out for a short drive is probably ok but I wouldn't do any more than that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.