Lancer Register Forum banner

EVO X DIY Mapping tools

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Neo Dmx 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello !

Can anyone help/advise/recommend me on what to use for DIY mapping etc of my EVO X SST.
This is totally for my own personal use and entertainment :lol:

I am very new to the Mitsubishi scene but before anyone says otherwise....

YES I know what I am doing as I have ALOT :mhihi: of personal and commercial experience in software/hardware and design/reverse engineering of engine management and automotive systems but that's a story for another time :D

A quick google and look around the forums and I have seen the Tactrix (Openecu/ecuflash).
I have downloaded the software but it doesn't come with rom files so I assume I will have to connect to the vehicle first and download my existing map to work on ?
Does the software come with definition files for the map locations etc ??
Unless otherwise advised, I think this is my best route but it seems the OpenPort 2.0 interface is hard to get hold of here in the UK and I have only seen out of date versions or chinese copies on ebay.
Where can I buy a genuine up to date one here ?

Any advice or help will be appreciated. :smthumbup

See less See more
#2 ·
get original 2.0 cable from tactrix and download ecuflash software. Buy evoscan software as you will need it for logging. Get a wideband that works with evoscan (I use innovate..) and you are set. Ecuflash will come with definitions and you can download maps from evoscan website or search on http://www.evoxforums.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.