Lancer Register Forum banner

My dyno results

13K views 130 replies 23 participants last post by  WhiteDemon 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

I rebuilt my engine 2 years ago, when i remap the car i expected something about 410/420hp with my specs but i only have 401hp so i would like a second advice if that i must expeted or it was a problem with my remap

Specs
2L longrod
Cp 85.5mm 2.3L strock pistons
ACL bearings
kiggly racing springs
Ferrea comp valves stock size
Jun 272 cams
Hks 1.2mm head gasket
Stock turbo (evo 9 gsr)
Stock maniforld
Stock elbow
70mm downpipe
200cell cat
Stock air box
Stock pipe and IC
Stock injectors

And that's it

What do you think guys?

See less See more
#15 ·
Changing from one fuel to another will not result in power loss of increase unless car is mapped say for race juice - you fill up with Super and it will be cutting power sensing detonation. Difference between regular and race fuels are additives resisting detonation. Counterintuitively those additives make the fuel burn worse than standard fuel, they retard combustion or make them "less flammable" :).

#19 ·
that is maybe true but i dont know

i made a compression test and for all cylinders is about 8 bars with my jun 272°

so i made a research and i found so many lower results, between them a 2L longrod with 7.5 bars in all cylindres with piston at 9.3:1 CR and kelfords 280 intake 272 exh

another guy with 7.5bars il all cylindres makes 600hp on E85 and kelfords 272°

#28 ·
The shape of the curve shows what's going on.
Peak torque around 4000 although there's a dip in it (knock?)

Looks like it's not holding boost in the upper RPMs, that's going from the massive drop in torque by 7000.
If it's not a loss in boost then it's the cams not dialled in, as already mentioned.

#65 · (Edited)
From that picture, you've retarded the exhaust cam by 2 cam degrees.
That's 4 crank degrees.
That's a lot.
Not only that but if you start off with stock cams and stock cam gears, degree them to make sure they're spot on.
Then
You fit adjustable cam gears, repeat, the zero mark is never at zero.....they never are unless you've got lucky with HKS gears.
Then once you know how far "out" the aftermarket gears are, you can then repeat the procedure with your aftermarket cams to set them up correctly.
Then you'll know not only how far out the gears are but also you'll know how far out the cams are.
To do all of that properly, the engine really needs to be out of the car.

You've got 2 knock counts which isn't a lot so probably not pulling timing due to excessive knock.
From your datalog, the IPW goes down as RPMs increase, that's an indication that boost is dropping as RPMs increase.
You'd expect boost to stay flat.

Stock injectors?
How big?
560CC?
So you're limited to 370 or so HP at 100% IDC.
You're only going to 80% IDC so you're at about 300HP without fudge factors added?
Real horses that is, not shetland ponies.

As far as AFR goes, it depends on the fuel.
Leaner is more power, richer is less power.
You want as lean as you can get without it knocking.
No fixed number, the numbers are always wrong anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.