Lancer Register Forum banner

My dyno results

13K views 130 replies 23 participants last post by  WhiteDemon 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

I rebuilt my engine 2 years ago, when i remap the car i expected something about 410/420hp with my specs but i only have 401hp so i would like a second advice if that i must expeted or it was a problem with my remap

Specs
2L longrod
Cp 85.5mm 2.3L strock pistons
ACL bearings
kiggly racing springs
Ferrea comp valves stock size
Jun 272 cams
Hks 1.2mm head gasket
Stock turbo (evo 9 gsr)
Stock maniforld
Stock elbow
70mm downpipe
200cell cat
Stock air box
Stock pipe and IC
Stock injectors

And that's it

What do you think guys?

See less See more
#119 ·
That's a lot of power on stock injectors and at that boost, so personally I'd be very happy with it rather than worrying too much about it.
If you really want to analyse things then you will need to provide a lot more information, as Clive has suggested.
I have to say that after seeing a lot of ECUs tuned on stock Knock sensor, I still can't believe how wrong people get it, especially when the data is out there (like in that YouTube video!)
No wonder we see so many issues with highly strung cars!

#127 ·
not many people understand the stock knock control setup hence why so many are pushed towards aftermarket ecus.
often these knock control strategies are turned off and ECUs are often calibrated using audible knock detection. this leaves the ecu with no knock control.

Phantom knock is normally an issue after a change of engine components (forged build) or worn/noisy engines. it can be rectified even with the standard ecu if the knock control gain tables are adjusted to suit.

looking at the logs on here id say there isnt any phantom knock present due to the low knock counts.
bare in mind the knocksum goes up to 36 and for the most part sees 2 at most in the logs.

i recently logged a forged evo VI that was hitting a knocksum of 36 and was pulling alot of timing due to a noisy engine.

there are too many variables to say what causes knock at a specific event but alot of the time its down to having big jumps in timing across the table which smoothing helps greatly in reducing unwanted knock events.
or noisy engines.

i would say the MIVEC map needs work as clearly there has been no logging done on airflow and rather a max value has been put on the table.

injectors are close to being maxed out but have seen stock injectors used up to 430hp.

Cam setup is more likely the culprit as iv seen alot of cars with cams fitted not been optimised to the setup.

#129 ·
I Jabo

At this moment i drive with my second map, 330hp according to my dyno. i take max 0.8bars, i think that i will be safe

this year i stay like this and i will take a cam pulley, injectors, elbow, maniford, turbo etc all i need to 500hp and maybe a motec ecu. In next year i will take the car and remap in UK

I buyed this car about 2 years ago and I still can't enjoy it

#130 · (Edited)
I love my FQ-330, I call her Dragon Lady [emoji5]
When I think I tamed her she shows me the errors of my ways and leads me to pastures fresh where more raw adrenaline awaits :).

The other day I was pushing in a corner, feeling the adhesion about to end, ready to slide her gracefully. Dragon Lady had different ideas, dug in even harder and I just kept accelerating! Where all the electronics kick in it is simply mind blowing and feels like something weird just happened which should not be really possible lol.

Don't be greedy with power, Evos are about handling really ;).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.