Lancer Register Forum banner

Help Evoscan

4K views 23 replies 3 participants last post by  Jabo 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
First you should only log the items that you actually require and not everything. A few things the TPS normally goes from around 12% to 100% yours is over some funny range. At around 6300 you get a single cell that shows 38degrees timing line 89 and 112 and 113 therefore you might be doing something funny with the load and tables. Do you actually have a wideband sensor? What rom are you using as lots of the values look a bit funny.

#4 ·
I did go ott with the logging first time around admittedly
:wallbang:

the tps is showing weird readings but not being used to it i didn't know if it was a bug in evoscan or that was just the way it reads.. you can see at cell 145 i come off the throttle and readings seemed consistent

i do not have a wideband and as far as i'm aware its a standard ecu with standard software but this car was a previous mlr members a long time ago so could have been messed with..

is there anyway i can find out the details or flash it back to standard and try again?

thanks for getting back to me :smthumbup

#3 ·
O2sensor readings either scaled or plain wrong, air volume doesn't seem right either. Not sure how EvoScan counts the misfire events but you seem to have them not in the rev range you were reporting your misfire. No fuel trims values I could see but I am new to EvoScan:).

#5 ·
that's exactly why i have uploaded the data in a hope somebody can point me in the right direction.. i do not know where to look anymore

when you say the readings are scales what do you mean?

ps thanks for the reply :thumbup:

#12 · (Edited)
You need really good, sharply focused photos of spark plugs to be able to tell anything from pictures. It is really difficult to do unfortunately. Old school tubers had magnifying glass with light source to help them to see inside the plug.

EDIT: From this photo the plugs look pretty much how they should...

#14 ·
I tried all mitsubishi ecu options the end nothing worked
I only have a 1.3u cable I have read I need a 2.0 cable to flash the ecu
Is there anything I can do again I'm working on the car at the moment

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Was the smoke test on hot car? If on cold it has a smaller chance of picking up leaks on induction side if a leak was caused by a crack which is only apparent when hot. It is really difficult to say what can be wrong due to very little info from logs.
However, if the misfire is small it might that one cylinder not holding compression and giving you grief. I've seen it before. People were going mad as everything was fine on logs yet still it was misfiring. Dodgy pistons with ring landings failures causing ring flutter and loss of compression at high revs was an extreme example where only a motor strip down can reveal it.

You need to get all relevant logs first to make a good start and make sure all the basic tests were conducted and came back true :).

I have a car which has a factory design fault for example. Community was searching for years to find out the cause for oil usage. It turned out that oil jests cooling pistons were badly designed and instead of spraying at pistons they were spraying at the cylinder bores!

All manner of crap to go funny with internal combustion engines. Good thing about old cars is that there is huge amount of experience with mechanics and community and most problems were already encountered and solved so you have an almost certainty of finding out what is wrong and sorting it out :).

#21 ·
Was the smoke test on hot car? If on cold it has a smaller chance of picking up leaks on induction side if a leak was caused by a crack which is only apparent when hot. It is really difficult to say what can be wrong due to very little info from logs.
However, if the misfire is small it might that one cylinder not holding compression and giving you grief. I've seen it before. People were going mad as everything was fine on logs yet still it was misfiring. Dodgy pistons with ring landings failures causing ring flutter and loss of compression at high revs was an extreme example where only a motor strip down can reveal it.

You need to get all relevant logs first to make a good start and make sure all the basic tests were conducted and came back true :).

I have a car which has a factory design fault for example. Community was searching for years to find out the cause for oil usage. It turned out that oil jests cooling pistons were badly designed and instead of spraying at pistons they were spraying at the cylinder bores!

All manner of crap to go funny with internal combustion engines. Good thing about old cars is that there is huge amount of experience with mechanics and community and most problems were already encountered and solved so you have an almost certainty of finding out what is wrong and sorting it out :).
the smoke test was done on a hot engine yes, tiny amount of smoke from the throttle body winding

i will give a compression test a go see what that shows

does the o2 sensor look like its working correctly to you on the evoscan log?

#22 ·
That log was done with the wrong cable apparently so I would simply forget about it. From what you posted O2 sensors readings make no sense whatsoever I am afraid...

As for the smoke coming out of throttle body - if engines gets unmetered air it is always a problem. In this case the engine would be getting less air so it would be running rich which could cause misfire but then plug would look fouled and as good as they are right now. Hats my 2-pence but O am sure there are 6 gurus here who took that motor apart many times and know it intimately !

#23 ·
That log was done with the wrong cable apparently so I would simply forget about it. From what you posted O2 sensors readings make no sense whatsoever I am afraid...

As for the smoke coming out of throttle body - if engines gets unmetered air it is always a problem. In this case the engine would be getting less air so it would be running rich which could cause misfire but then plug would look fouled and as good as they are right now. Hats my 2-pence but O am sure there are 6 gurus here who took that motor apart many times and know it intimately !
The cable I have is fine for reading data but will not flash the ecu or read ecu map data I believe

Just posted another question in technical re 7 cams in my 6 wonder if that could cause issues

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.