Lancer Register Forum banner

evo 6 suddenly running lean at high rpm

28K views 150 replies 26 participants last post by  Gary @ APT 
#1 · (Edited)
So had my 6 at dynotech today having issues with the car suddenly running lean high rpms 6.5k+ at 0.7bar (ish)

have changed the fuel pump wiring to nevereverman hardwire kit
changed to new walbro pump
changed to known good fpr
tested injector resistor pack all resistance is coming back 6ohms so all good
new 8mr bov
new sas gasket
new fuel filter's
new avcr solenoid

will be looking into the condition of the main fuel lines from tank to engine bay as the cars had shell swap and possibly slightly bent in the process
also has evo 4 fuel tank

will be doing boost leak smoke test & checking fuel lines from tank to engine bay
thought id ask the mlr massive advise where else to look :smthumbup

#148 · (Edited)
Since the last post I have fitted a new genuine sard fpr the standard mitsubishi rail pressures are now within spec with vac line on and off

I have taken the car to a rolling road and filmed the pressure and we gave 4.5 bar steady on full load see bellow
In the film the focus on my phone didn't work very well but it's sitting in the middle of 4 and 5 bar on the fuel rail

This run was done with the standard fuel pump wiring and the fuel pump hardwire kit and there was no difference in power or afr readings, so i have ditched the hardwire kit and reverted to stock 2 stage

And this is a picture of the afr after

So the same issue is apparent with the sard fpr and standard fpr.

I have since bought a cop set and there is more noticeable misfire earlier in the rpm range around. 6k rpm instead of 6.2k rpm

Have been told the map needs looking at so I wanted to keep this thread updated and see what views others have

Would ideally like to get this running ok and remapped this year

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Attachments

#151 ·
so to update this thread we saw car and had on dyno, checked through basics and then found issue, only one rocker on number 1 inlet valve,

someone had playyed around with a cam swap id guess and not refitted rocker correctly so it had dropped off and was sitting in oil drain hole.

simple refit and car made its power as it should reving to 7k plus.

car has since done a couple of successfull track days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.