Lancer Register Forum banner

Evoscan v2.6 wont operate AYC actuators using limitless 1.3u cable

7K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Evo4Jon 
#1 ·
Just purchased a new limitless 1.3u cable from grant620 with pin 9 removed.

i'm trying to bleed the ayc/acd system on my evo 7 gsr using evoscan v2.6 but when i connect to the ayc ecu and try and activate the actutors they all say "connection succesful" then says "waiting on actuator" a few times then "actuator ended"

can anyone point me in the right direction as to why this isnt working?

also when i check the fault codes it comes up with a load of codes which are totally irelevant to what shorting out the pins and counting the flashes shows.

Any help would be appreciated as i really need to get the fluid flushed to see if this is the solution to the issue i'm having with the pump.

Cheers

Martin

#2 ·
Martin have you followed the exact instructions from the limitless website?

How to get Mitsubishi AYC/ABS support from an OpenPort 1.3U cable.
Step 1) Pin1 must be linked to pin15.
Early OpenPort cables did not have Pin15 linked to pin1(check with a multimeter continuity test) to see if its connected.
a) No pin1 on the OpenPort cable. Move pin1 on the vehicle side to the pin15 position.
b) Pin1 is connected to Pin4/5 on the OpenPort cable. Move pin1 on the vehicle side to the pin15 position.
c) Pin1 is connected to Pin15 on the OpenPort cable. Cable is AYC/ABS ready.

Step 2) Try logging with EvoScan v2.6 or later. Select Mitsubishi, and select ECU to "AYC" or "ABS", Press start datalogger.
If it doesn't connect, then perhaps you have pin9 interference. Goto Step 3.

Step 3) Subaru 2002 vehicles use Pin 9 for reflash support on the openport 1.3Universal cables, but it interferes with the Mitsubishi AYC/ABS ecus on some
Mitsubishi obdII ports, so you can either break pin9 off the OpenPort Cable, or put a switch on pin9 from the obdII port

#3 ·
aye Steve, checked all that, i did a search on here aswell and it seems to be a common problem but no one has posted a solution as of yet.

my ayc oil hasnt arrived yet but thought i would have a go with the cable today to see if it worked.

#16 ·
Just loaded the latest version of Evoscan 2.7 and still got the same problem, only with an openport 2 cable!!

When i connect to the ayc ecu and try and activate the actutors they all say "connection succesful" then says "waiting on actuator" a few times then "actuator ended". Anyone else having any joy?

#21 ·
i've tried both a 1.3u and op2 cable with mine and can't get it to log at all with the 1.3 the 2 connects to the ecu but logs all ff's and the actuators are always waiting. The op2 and evoscan 2.70070 work with a mates evo 6 with a 7 ecu

Andy

#22 ·
I know this is an old thread, but I am sure this will still be useful to many people...

Firstly download the ECU Flash program inc cable driver on this page:
http://evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-obdi...niversal-usb-datalogging-and-reflashing-cable

Then on your laptop turn off User Account Control in Windows 7 / 8 (its found in the Control Panel>User accounts ection.

Then you will find that com ports work properly and you will be able to bleed AYC OK

XP laptops work because they do not have User Account Control. UAC stops the com port from working properly

Hope this helps

Jonathan
(Evo owner for 17 years !!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.