Lancer Register Forum banner

88570008 with everything on it - beta test

20K views 90 replies 14 participants last post by  Beef Curtains 
#1 ·
banks.myzen.co.uk/88570008release.zip

Includes ROM, full xml, PC application.

Contains my stage 1 maps for 3" exhaust, Walbro, airbox mod, external boost controller. Although I run higher baud rate on MUT and higher fuel pressure I've put these back to standard.

Includes:
Stage 1 tuning - modified lean spool thresholds, closed loop transitions, MIVEC, fuelling, timing, low load timing offset modification, knock slightly desensitised at 2500 RPM to avoid warm up false knock.
Speed density using stock sensors, can unplug and remove your MAF
Adjustable knock control
High speed DMA logging
Live map editing of all alt maps plus speed density VE tables
Knock tracing over ignition map
Tephra mods - flashing CEL on knock, intercooler spray mods, switchable maps, 1 byte load logging (used to map trace)

Enjoy. Always test for knock and wideband AFR. Use at your own risk, but I have fully tested this one.

See less See more
#4 ·
John I've been testing this rom for the last couple of days , the live mapping is fantastic and the removal of the maf has really made the car much smoother to drive .
One question should you be able to see the map switch in the live mapping application? if you should then the map switching doesn't work and is on the alternate map all the time .

#5 · (Edited)
Glad you're liking it, thanks for testing. What modifications does you car have, and have you retuned any of the SD VE tables? When are you fitting the stroker and massive turbo then ;) ? Actually, I'm very happy with it on the stock turbo, and whilst it is still my daily driver I'll be sticking with it like this.

I don't have a map switching button in the application, it is all controlled with the intercooler spray auto switch (press and hold) and the flashing intercooler light shows when you're on alt maps - just as Tephra set it up for alternate maps originally. The way Tephra has written it doesn't make it amenable to me adding a button to my software to switch unfortunately, would be handy for some US cars that don't have the intercooler switch, but they can install a harness to map switch.

My application shows only the alternate maps, and only these are in RAM and editable. However, you can edit them whether you're presently running them or whether you're on the original maps.

Does this answer your question?

Did you see my post last night about the live graph application? I think I'll modify my PC software so it always writes some log information to the same filename so you can easily do live graphing too.

#10 ·
............, and have you retuned any of the SD VE tables?......
Hi John,

Fantastic work, as always :smthumbup

I decided to try this a little while back, drives perfectly, so much smoother :D

And the live mapping of the alt maps makes things so much easier...

Although for now i have flashed back as on boost i seemed to run rather lean, probably about 2-3 full points.

I am pretty new to the whole SD thing, would it have something to do with the VE maps i take it?

#7 · (Edited)
Yes original maps have to be altered via Ecuflash and flashed in the usual way.

Hopefully you're seeing the benefit of the extra timing and MIVEC changes over your stock maps (if you've applied them), but hopefully the knock sums are not too great on the stock cat, especially since these maps posted are leaner (about 11.5 on my wideband). There are big improvements to be had on boost control on the 340, if you're using the stock settings in the map I posted they are the 360 settings IIRC - usually gives a big overboost but dies quickly.

To leap into this a week into FQ340 ownership, I expect you know what you're doing, but let us know if you need any help :)

Is the knock tracing useful/showing much knock up?

#8 ·
I had a uk STi before this car which I had been tinkering with for about 2 years on and off so I have an idea of how it works , but there is alot still to learn. boost controll had me baffled for a while but I've got the hang of it now.

The ignition settings have had to be adjusted quite a bit as the only super unleaded around is tescos 97 , the fuel was in low 12's and I enriched it to middle 11's.

The knock tracing is very usefull when tuning for tescos carrot juice, saves driving around with det cans on ( I get some very funny looks driving with det cans on ). Yes there was alot of knock.
Cheers Dave

#13 ·
What is your spec?

Are the fuel trims and off boost behaviour all fine?

Can you show a plot of RPM vs knock and WBO2?

If your knock is about right (<=3), fuel trims are good, then you could just change the fuel map to get what you want.

If it is knocking and lean with good fuel trims you probably want to increase the VE.

If it is lean everywhere with positive fuel trims, but no knock you probably want to adjust the injector size.

#14 ·
Spec is pretty much standard FQ360, no cat, boost around 1.8, modded airbox.

If i can find the logs I'll post them up but i have a feeling i binned them.

It gets a little confusing for me as I'm still pretty new to this.

To add more confusion, I'm still struggling with a couple of problems with the PTE 880s i fitted, scaling is a nightmare. (well, the 'warm-ish' start is :wallbang:)

Fuel trims were pretty much spot on for idle and cruise before the SD was tried, never thought to log them though :rolleyes:

Knock was as good as ever, unchanged from before (<=3)

It was pretty lean throughout, but alarmingly so in the high load areas which is why i switched back until i understood a little more about it. (VE tuning in particular)

I really need to iron out my injector problems before i attempt SD again though. At least that way there is one less 'variable' to cause me headaches.

As soon as i can figure them out, I'll switch back and do a little more logging and headscratching as the increased smoothness is definitely something i enjoyed :D

Many thanks for your speedy replies :smthumbup

#15 ·
Not played with PTE 880, but you may find some latency values on forums.evolutionm.net (Ecuflash forum), there are some big threads on it, and AEM injector calculator is useful too. Theoretically, you shouldn't have to change anything except the latency and scaling to sort the new injectors. Some just play nicely though with an extra 0.48ms on all the latency values and then move the scaling. Others are a bit of a nightmare, so don't blame yourself just yet ;) Some injectors have a much nicer spray pattern than others.

If you're new to it, as you say, sorting out the tune for the injectors using the MAF might be best first. Then try to emulate the same setup using the SD stuff.

Come back with logs here when you're ready, a nice full throttle x-y scatter graph from Excel with RPM on the x-axis and wideband on the y axis can sort out the fuelling pretty quickly usually.

#16 ·
Already spending an unhealthy amount of time over there, especially on the thread you mentioned :D

So many theories/opinions. I have the latencies/scaling nailed, i think...
I just have an odd warm start problem, see here if you like ;):

http://geekmapped.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113&page=2

I have just upped the latency at 11.7v as per info attained from 'voidhawk's xl sheet to 0.936, currently sat waiting for it to cool a little to test.

Anyway, thanks for the words of advice, I'll leave this topic alone now so as to avoid cluttering your thread :smthumbup

Hopefully I'll be back soon with some SD logs ;)

Cheers,

Ian.

#19 ·
Hello JohnB I'm reading this post with interest and have just started in the world of Evo tuning after a good few years with a JRSC'd DC5 ITR and KPro tuning, so am not a total noob in the mapping world.

I own an Evo IX FQ-340, got my cable yesterday and downloaded the map to have a look over it first before making any changes. I can view fuel & timing OK, but cannot view any MIVEC data or the Fuel Lean Spool data. I downloaded your zip file and even using that XML file and your map I cannot view MIVEC data or the Fuel Lean Spool data on that your map either. Any idea where I am going wrong? :confused:

#20 ·
It will likely be a minor difference mine and your evo9base.xml file or an incompatibility between Ecuflash versions.

I still use an old version (1.29a) as there were some teething problems with later versions and clearing out the old drivers.

Oracle kindly went through and corrected the xmls for use on later Ecuflash versions. I will find his versions and post those shortly.

#22 ·
Hmmm, I'm still not getting it to read properly. I guess I just need to find the right combination of XML files to get it to work!! I will have a play with as many different ones I can find till I get something meaningful from it.

I tried to get hold of the earlier version of ECUFlash 1.29a, but that's proving to be more difficult than it I thought.

#25 ·
If using 1.29a the endian needs to be changed from big to little :rolleyes: A search and replace would do this, but I posted what I thought would work for 1.30 onwards by changing it already from little to big.

Andy, the files and functionality are all good, think you'll like it, just once the xmls are sorted which is a PITA.

#26 ·
I've been tearing my hair out over this lot, and am almost starting to understand some of the definitions etc in the XML's. Basically my Evo9base_281101.xml & evo9base_20080530.xml contain a table definition for a MIVEC table however I have not found any 8570008.xml which contains the table definitions. This is also the case with yours & Oracle's 8570008.xml file. The original evo9base that came with version 1.41 doesn't even contain a bare definition for MIVEC.

If you can definitely view your MIVEC table, then I am wondering if this data is currently contained within your Evo9base.xml file? :confused:
If so could you post a copy of that for info!!

#27 ·
Sorry for the nightmares, I just add tables in Ecuflash and they appear, I edit them and they work. Transferring to other PCs seems hard, esp with all the different Ecuflash versions.

I will post my own Evo9base and 88570008 for 1.29a from my laptop in the next post. It is always a bit messy as I spend more time developing stuff than tidying my xmls as it tends to break things.

I can most certainly view my own MIVEC table. Apart from lean spool is there anything else missing?

#29 ·
have you tried removing all duplicate xml files first?

#31 ·
I know the ones John has do work for v1.41. I haves tested on 4 separate PC and laptops.

Perhaps delete, and redownload files again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.