Lancer Register Forum banner

No CEL on ignition

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  evonut270 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Can anyone shed any light on why my CEL isn't coming on when my ignition is on? It's an 8 GSR and it died on me while idling at a junction, now it's just cranking but not starting. I also can't access the ECU with ecuflash, it's coming up with 'no response to any known code' 'interface close'. I tried another ECU in the car and the CEL comes up as normal. I could read the rom but I can't get any info from the original ECU to transfer it across because it's not reading it.

Appreciate any input cos it's driving me nuts!:wallbang:

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks Stu,

I'll have a nosey at those connectors later on. It was heavy rain when the car died on me.

I can't get the car going on the other ECU cos the I can't get my original immobiliser figures off it. It's strange how I can adjust and reflash the spare ECU but can't even get into the original one.

#6 ·
Thanks Stu,

I'll have a nosey at those connectors later on. It was heavy rain when the car died on me.

I can't get the car going on the other ECU cos the I can't get my original immobiliser figures off it. It's strange how I can adjust and reflash the spare ECU but can't even get into the original one.
Cant you just 'turn off' the immobiliser? (no idea if you can)

Stu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.