Lancer Register Forum banner

Rear O2 CEL Warning - Ecuflash Fix Step by Step

119K views 83 replies 32 participants last post by  milosavljevicm 
#1 · (Edited)
How to fix your ECU to remove rear O2 sensor checks and CEL warnings after de-cat.

Hi Ladies and Gentlespoons. Many of us have had a decat. Some choose to fix the CEL indication by use of a special spacer or O2 simulator. Well i found O2 simulation too complex and fiddly to wire, the cel fix spacer from the states fouls the underbody on long journeys as the exhaust expands.

There has to be a better way.....

And yes there is! Been working with grayw today to eliminate the checks for the rear O2 sensor on a standard ECU. Today i can report thats now been fixed!!

So if _Biggles_ the ECU noob can do this, so can anybody.

OK you do have a list of bits to acquire so heres the list:
  • Laptop : DUH yep no laptop no ECU chatting, beg borrow, try not to steal
  • Limitless or Tactrix Cable : So those can be gotten from Grant @ Gizzmo Electronics (support your MLR trader!) or Limitless themselves
  • Ecuflash : Superb FREE software you are going to love forever after today acquired from www.openecu.org
  • Aktivematrix ECU Unlocker : Some ECU's are locked after tuning. BOO! This unlocks them. Go to www.aktivematrix.com, sign for free account, download it!
  • ROM Definition File : Different for every evo, but go to openecu.org and hit the forums they are all there! Look for your vehicle, if you are struggling to find it, make a post, someone will help you pick the right one!
  • You might also wish to consider Mitsulogger or Evoscan as well, you can check for knock etc with those! Evoscan is not free but its excellent. Useful for checking your engine & map health :D
So thats your parts and software list! Got it all? OK lets get on with fixing the CEL warning once and for all!

See less See more
#84 · (Edited)
Sorry fore digging up...

I have some problems with ECU Unlocker... sorry...

On the first page I see a beautifull photo of the Unlocker windows with Exit button and so on.

On mine Windows 10 or Virtual Box Xindows XP or Windows 7 screen ...

Actually, there is an Exit Button but invisible... visible just when you click on it.
And I don,t see the EcuFlash version compatibility.

Is that because of regional parameters, W10, beacuse i am french, because i am serbian and french....:lol:
Is it because I use 1.44.4799 EcuFlash ?

Could you please help me to find the reason why Unlocker does not work with me and why I don't have the complete window.

Thank you for your help !

By the way, it is for my EVO IX FQ340. I am new in reflashing (HP Academyt course) but experienced in standalone (since 2012 for OEM company and aftermarket for me and my friends) and this one it is for my own purpose.
I have even attempted to buy Ecutek but they say the hardware for EVO IX is sold only to professionals (with a company number).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.