Lancer Register Forum banner

* * * 2017 Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series * * *

12K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Gerald S 
#1 ·
It's taken a lot longer than intended for various reasons, but I believe we've almost done the impossible and created a 2017 Sprint Series which ticks all the boxes which everyone wanted in the recent poll:
  • A mix of large premier circuits & smaller twistier circuits
  • Dates which don't clash with other events (largely)
  • A selection of great venues around the UK
  • All weekend events
  • A number of standalone events, or a smaller Series, making it less costly to take part

With no registration fee, and the new 'free' class structure which gets back to the very first MLR Sprints it really couldn't be easier to take part and have a great - and competitive - day on track.

All events will be in the Shop very soon, and we're looking forward to another great season and hope to see ALL of you on the Startline for the first round at Castle Combe!!

See less See more
#6 ·
Guys,

All the dates and venues are all in the MLR Shop now - including the option to book all four rounds and save £40 :)

ENTRY:
  • Saturday 17 June: Castle Combe - £149
  • Saturday 15 July: Oulton Park (rally circuit) - £149
  • Sunday 27 August: Cadwell Park - £169 (preceded by MLR Trackday on Saturday 26 August)
  • Saturday 7 October: Teesside Autodrome (evening) - £149
  • All four rounds: £575
Sprint Registration is also free this year, so entering this year's events is easier than ever

CLASSES:

All Evo classes will be decided by your times in all practice runs and the first timed run when we'll break for lunch and start the competition in the afternoon.

As always there will be a Guest Class for all other vehicles and we'll carry on the Exhibition Class for any single seaters.

#10 ·
I've tried to offer a series based on large quick circuits and smaller twisty circuits at venues across the UK; South West - Castle Combe, North West - Oulton Park, North East - Teesside and Midlands (ish!) - Cadwell Park…. I did say 'ish! ;)

Unfortunately Brands and Lydden are simply not possible due to very silly hire costs, and I spent weeks trying to agree a deal with Silverstone (just one reason why it took a while to get the sprint calendar sorted this year).

That said - all the circuits are VERY different and worth the drive, and Cadwell Park is a whole weekend with a trackday on the Saturday and Sprint on Sunday - and something else in the pipeline :naughty:

#13 ·
Looks great Darin& Co :smthumbup

Hope you have some of the same next year ,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.