Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Brakes

Old 01-02-2017, 20:44   #16
ClarkboyJR

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6 gsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetyrant View Post
Discs wise depends on budget but for road and a ring trip anything half decent will do the job ok, more you spend longer they should last though and Giro or PF 2 piece are the best probably.

Pads wise this along with fluid is where the performance can be changed massivley, all depends what sort of road usage you do and what sort of compromises you can make, in a Evo driven hard on road its needs a track type pad to cope and something like our XP8 works well for this, downsides are like most track type pads they are quite dusty and can get a bit squeaky if you do a lot of slow/town driving etc, you can of course get a more street suitable pads which are sometimes quieter and less dust, but then you dont get the performance so all depends what you want really and sort of usage and spec of car etc.

Cheers
Ian

Looking at going for godspeed g hook 2 piece discs with carbotech xp8 for the fronts

Godspeed g hook and carbotech xp8 for the rears

Gunna change the brake fluid to dot 5.1

Got some tarox braided hoses to fit at same time so gunna be a busy day
Just need to get a good price on the pads etc then shall order them in few months before i go to nurburgring in july so i can bed them in right
ClarkboyJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 21:01   #17
VI_Shooter
Regional Organiser

Car: Stock Silver VI GSR from Nippon!
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkboyJR View Post
Looking at going for godspeed g hook 2 piece discs with carbotech xp8 for the fronts

Godspeed g hook and carbotech xp8 for the rears

Gunna change the brake fluid to dot 5.1

Got some tarox braided hoses to fit at same time so gunna be a busy day
Just need to get a good price on the pads etc then shall order them in few months before i go to nurburgring in july so i can bed them in right
I hope you spoke to Ian Godney as he does a complete kit of all the above stuff you list for just £700. The CL pads will suit your track work see the photo:
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2017, 21:14   #18
tracker
Senior User

My Car
Looks a cracking deal to me
tracker is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tracker For This Useful Post:
VI_Shooter (01-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 17:41   #19
ClarkboyJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by VI_Shooter View Post
I hope you spoke to Ian Godney as he does a complete kit of all the above stuff you list for just £700. The CL pads will suit your track work see the photo:

Only thing is I don't need braided hoses as already got a set of tarox braided hoses!

Would those pads be okay for the ring though ?
Has he got a post on here that I could comment on or contact him directly ?
Old 02-02-2017, 20:58   #20
VI_Shooter
Regional Organiser

Car: Stock Silver VI GSR from Nippon!
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkboyJR View Post
Only thing is I don't need braided hoses as already got a set of tarox braided hoses!

Would those pads be okay for the ring though ?
Has he got a post on here that I could comment on or contact him directly ?
If you were a full member you would be able to PM him

Also not being funny for that package price you could afford to sell on a set of brake lines

The CL pads are more suited to track/competition than road, you may need ceratec paste to stop the squealing if you dont hammer them to be honest. As been said before you cannot get brakes that do it ALL! Or Suspension, or tyres, etc. Everything is compromise.

I have the PF pads - excellent for road and a few short track sessions.

Just phone Ian Godney otherwise - contact on his website. He does actually compete using his stuff so you know he is genuine.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:49   #21
Ben_r1
Senior User

Car: IX MR FQ360 HKS
My Car
Top bloke is Ian, a wealth of knowledge when it comes to brakes and I've been using his discs for years with great results
Ben_r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 22:33   #22
ClarkboyJR

Spoke to ian via email the other week and extremely helpfull. Now just need to save up and contact him again later to order the kit and then get it fitted ����
Old 16-02-2017, 23:50   #23
mad-manni.evo6
Senior User

My Car
Hello Clarky boy
I'm interested in doing the nurburgen in Germany how do you go abouts doing something like this. Manni

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
mad-manni.evo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 22:39   #24
ClarkboyJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-manni.evo6 View Post
Hello Clarky boy
I'm interested in doing the nurburgen in Germany how do you go abouts doing something like this. Manni

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Im going for 4 days in july with a group of friends and renting out a house as it works out cheaper! Getting the euro tunnel over and then just pay for laps once your there !
Old 09-03-2017, 08:01   #25
turbojoe89
User

Quote:
Is this package offer always running?
turbojoe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:16   #26
TMEphil
Senior User

My Car
ClarkboyJR i have an Evo 6 TME and have been twice to the Nurburgring in the past 6 months, going again over easter this year. My setup is below and i have no complaints at all. If you have any questions just give me a shout:

Stoptech Disks Front and Rear
CarboTech Pads (Tyrant supplied) XP10 on Fronts XP8 on rears
Motul RBF 660 Fluid
TMEphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:49   #27
evo-azz

Quote:

Exact set up I run with carbon Lorraine rc6 pads on these discs, you can feel the g hooks under hard braking but they hold up real well done 2 track days now and no issues however my discs do look patchy for some reason? Held up real well at Blyton and that's a hard track on your car
evo-azz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:55   #28
big_joe
Senior User

Car: EVO IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooksy View Post
There really isn't a pad you can use on track which is quiet and has no dust on the road, such a pad doesn't exist. If you drive hard on track and also use the car on the road with the same pads, don't get a road pad. If you do, you'll just leave deposits all over the discs and end up thinking they are warped and changing them, just wasting your money.

I am running Pagid RS29 on my DC5 in larger calipers/discs and they are really, really good. Less noise than XP10's I ran in my IX however the same performance. XP10 gave great performance but must be some of the noisiest pads I've ever used. I'm not saying RS29 are silent but they are very quiet compared to the XP10.

Saying that, DC5 and Evo IX are very different cars with different caliper/discs and I don't know if it's fair to compare noise levels? Just posting my experience.

End of the day there's loads of high performance pads that will do the job, PF, CL, Carbotech, Pagid, Hawk etc etc.
It does exist, it's called the Endless MXRS. Hardly any/no dust or squeal when cold and mega brake performance when hot / on track.

Downsides - performance isn't too great when cold, giving a slightly mushy pedal feel until last they're up to temp. and they are expensive
big_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 13:25   #29
Dooksy

Car: Integra DC5
My Car
The MXRS are a street/track compound are they not, so comparable to XP6/8 etc? The problem with these sorts of pads on track is often then will continue to bite way beyond the operating temperature, break down and leave a load of crap on the disc - much like DS2500's do.

Last edited by Dooksy; 14-03-2017 at 13:26..
Dooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 17:35   #30
big_joe
Senior User

Car: EVO IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooksy View Post
The MXRS are a street/track compound are they not, so comparable to XP6/8 etc? The problem with these sorts of pads on track is often then will continue to bite way beyond the operating temperature, break down and leave a load of crap on the disc - much like DS2500's do.

I've not had carbotechs on an Evo to compare, I suspect they will offer more outright performance than the MXRS but these pads are still pretty damn good on the track with non of the downsides.

I've not had any issues with fade etc on track at around 420hp anyway.

Last edited by big_joe; 14-03-2017 at 22:35..
big_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to big_joe For This Useful Post:
sJs (22-03-2017)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: