Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series

Old 09-02-2017, 08:53   #121
nwwil
Senior User

Car: evo 5 rs race car project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Speed View Post
What are you blithering on about, and who is Evan and Owen

so i can't smell

Drive the bloody thing there, will still be cheaper than hiring another vehicle and you will have money left over for some decent breakdown cover if the small need arises.

You're making it a problem, if its horrible to drive it on the road then its not an entry level car anyway.

sh-t happens, if we thought that all the time we would drive them anywhere.

How will it, why should it, indulge me

Well the boring polishers that thought that in the past still wont bother no mater how the series is run.

Well it must be far far from a road car then, to be fair mine is far from standard and its no limo in traffic but on the motorway long distance it will sit there all day smooth as, put your ear plugs in Ha!

yep
nwwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:27   #122
evo-azz

Alan don't you think that the way it was run last year would be better and people would have more of a benchmark that way, they are changing it now to arrive and drive but the whole point of a sprint is to be competitive against people with the same car spec etc? Not for the times to put people in classes
evo-azz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:17   #123
monkeynuts1
Official MLRSS Snapper

Car: Chic Citroen DS3 Weasel burner With Added Garlic!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo-azz View Post
Alan don't you think that the way it was run last year would be better and people would have more of a benchmark that way, they are changing it now to arrive and drive but the whole point of a sprint is to be competitive against people with the same car spec etc? Not for the times to put people in classes
Reason why it was changed is the numbers are dropping plain and simple .the MLR lost a shed load of money in 2016 and cannot afford to do this in 2017 .

This is one of the reasons to change the regs its all fine and dandy for people at the start of the season to say yes I will attend and not turn up the track still needs to be paid for and darin just cannot keep sticking his hand in his wallet covering the short fall .

This year you will not have a series just stand alone events until we can boost the attendance figures .
If this " arrive and drive " as you call it works then maybe this is the way forward ......................at the end of the day its just cars against the clock plain and simple

Like my new Face Book Page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180
monkeynuts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeynuts1 For This Useful Post:
octainejunkee (11-02-2017), peeler (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 12:24   #124
Cammy0411
Senior User

When are the dates and venues being announced?
Cammy0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:51   #125
monkeynuts1
Official MLRSS Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy0411 View Post
When are the dates and venues being announced?
When I spoke to Darin last we where still waiting on 1 venue

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeynuts1 For This Useful Post:
Cammy0411 (09-02-2017), Sparksgsr (18-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 13:02   #126
evo-azz

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeynuts1 View Post
Reason why it was changed is the numbers are dropping plain and simple .the MLR lost a shed load of money in 2016 and cannot afford to do this in 2017 .

This is one of the reasons to change the regs its all fine and dandy for people at the start of the season to say yes I will attend and not turn up the track still needs to be paid for and darin just cannot keep sticking his hand in his wallet covering the short fall .

This year you will not have a series just stand alone events until we can boost the attendance figures .
If this " arrive and drive " as you call it works then maybe this is the way forward ......................at the end of the day its just cars against the clock plain and simple
i understand that but i mean i think with the rules this way even less people are going to be interested now, if you read the comments theres more people unhappy with it than happy, and these are people that have probably sprinted before .... why risk losing the people that are interested from being a part of it before for new people that might not stay anyway ?
evo-azz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 13:10   #127
monkeynuts1
Official MLRSS Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo-azz View Post
i understand that but i mean i think with the rules this way even less people are going to be interested now, if you read the comments theres more people unhappy with it than happy, and these are people that have probably sprinted before .... why risk losing the people that are interested from being a part of it before for new people that might not stay anyway ?
TBH If i could be bothered to look back through last seasons entry forms I would guess there is only a couple of people so called unhappy and they never took part .The only sticking point I see is driving to the event to be in the road class ............but that is road class So......................

all the other comments are constructive for a change

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeynuts1 For This Useful Post:
octainejunkee (11-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 13:26   #128
Joe v3sti

After reading all previous posts, thank god 22b rules and regs haven't changed!
Joe v3sti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe v3sti For This Useful Post:
monkeynuts1 (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 15:04   #129
rob2.2
R88 GNT

Car: Evo 6 Track Car.
My Car
Send a message via MSN to rob2.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee5 View Post
Rob

Do you think your car will fall in to the entry class being 500bhp, stripped out with perspex windows, or are you just asking ?

plus 99% of the cars that are towed will not fall in to lower entry class from what we have seen over the last 10 year's.

Asking genuine question as might have a high spec car but learning to sprint so want to stand a chance if I was to enter at combe which I was hoping to do.

I would hope if there was more than one class I wouldnt be in the top one as dont think my driving would be up to it without getting a few events in.

2.3 stroker evo 8 engine, tts205b, sd mapped by Lee5, stripped out, safety device cage, race seat and harnesses.
rob2.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 16:03   #130
interbishi
Senior User

Car: EVO tme, 9gt turbo, 264,s , coilovers. CBR900
My Car
Its like bickering .com on here every time the new regs come out , I prefer to do MSA just go in a class against everybody and do you're best , it would seem that most people want a class that suits their car .
I find the bickering counter productive and puts people off , that's from a mere observer as I would never do MLR sprints as they are way to expensive with the travelling doing all the venues .
I have done over 100 sprints and driven to everyone , I have driven the car back with no clutch broken gearboxes with 1st and 4th only , I just make sure I have either AA or RAC cover .

Last edited by interbishi; 09-02-2017 at 16:05..
interbishi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to interbishi For This Useful Post:
Aidy (09-02-2017), Blood Speed (09-02-2017), jamie71 (09-02-2017), KNOXVILLE (09-02-2017), octainejunkee (11-02-2017), peeler (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 16:43   #131
evo vi dan
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by interbishi View Post
Its like bickering .com on here every time the new regs come out , I prefer to do MSA just go in a class against everybody and do you're best , it would seem that most people want a class that suits their car .
I find the bickering counter productive and puts people off , that's from a mere observer as I would never do MLR sprints as they are way to expensive with the travelling doing all the venues .
I have done over 100 sprints and driven to everyone , I have driven the car back with no clutch broken gearboxes with 1st and 4th only , I just make sure I have either AA or RAC cover .
I 1000% agree such a shame the way the evo world has gone! I actually got my evo to do sprints but it's actually the people not the sprints it self that has put me off! The sprints do have a massive problem thats why they run at a massive loss last year because they are so far stuck up each others arses its unreal! People need to relax and remember what its all about! Its the same in time attack all the evo boys just winge he shouldn't be running that or this!! If most evo guys could drive as good as they moan about each other be new lap records at every event!
evo vi dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evo vi dan For This Useful Post:
Aidy (09-02-2017), Dereksti (09-02-2017), RSgeoff (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 18:13   #132
MILI780
Senior User

Car: evo 6 gsr silver 366bhp 343lbft@1.5bar
My Car
Regardless of the regs, I still plan on doing as many sprints as possible, local tracks I'll run the car to the events, any further away I'll use a trailer or recovery truck and go in what ever class for the day
Old 09-02-2017, 18:49   #133
Greeny-o
Senior User

Car: NR Autosport Forged Evo 5 - 520 Bhp
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2.2 View Post
Asking genuine question as might have a high spec car but learning to sprint so want to stand a chance if I was to enter at combe which I was hoping to do.

I would hope if there was more than one class I wouldnt be in the top one as dont think my driving would be up to it without getting a few events in.
This years regs will suit you perfectly then in that you will be running in a position with people who are of a simpler pace to yourself whereas lasy year your higher spec car would have put you in one of the higher class where you may have struggled.
Greeny-o is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greeny-o For This Useful Post:
Aidy (09-02-2017), Jack Rose (12-02-2017), KNOXVILLE (09-02-2017), octainejunkee (11-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 21:44   #134
Stoff
Senior User

My Car
Roll on the venue dates !!
Stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoff For This Useful Post:
MILI780 (10-02-2017), octainejunkee (11-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 14:20   #135
Darin
Administrator

Car: Ex-works Lancer Turbo WRC, 'Long Way Round' Shogun and a few bikes
My Car
After reading the last few pages I honestly donít know what to say - so letís recap . . . .

Over the last few years the MLRSS Regs evolved to TRY to cater for the ever-increasing mods, and maintain a level playing field Ė the series was supported by all the guys who took part (thanks guys!) but we heard constant comments from lots of drivers who wanted to take part along the lines of; ďI wonít be competitive in that classĒ - although weíll never know if they were right or wrong because in the main they didn't compete!

For 2017 weíve gone full circle back to the very start of when we started Sprints back in 2002 - as this is what a lot of you asked for and we felt it was the right option. Why? To make it as easy as possible for everyone to take part, compete and have some fun.

Your time dictates your result and class Ė regardless of your carís spec or your own ability behind the wheel . . . itís all about having a great day on track and against the clock in a properly run competition.

Why does it have to be any more complicated? The answer is - it doesnít!

As the Classes will be created by your results throughout the morning, no one can say they wonít be competitive because your position will be alongside your nearest competitors, ie: the guys around you. In fact itís very likely this format will mean youíll be MORE competitive and get a greater adrenalin rush from the day as you swap times right up to the last round.

Trailers:
I understand all sides of the argument Ė and youíre all correct! - so as weíre doing our absolute utmost to make this years' Sprints as popular and unrestrictive as possible, letís remove the suggested rule about trailered cars. If it gives you peace of mind to get home, saves your sanity from having to drive it to the event, or anything in between Ė no problemÖ to be honest it makes no difference as the time you set will dictate your class (I might have mentioned that before!)

Events:
As Monkeynuts has said elsewhere Iím waiting for one venue to confirm if they are going to offer us a date, at which point Iíll post the sprint calendar which will be for single sprint events and not a series, so thereís no pressure of having to compete in a number of events, everyone can enjoy each day on itís own merits.

One last (and important) thought . . . .
Please donít forget we organize these events for YOU Ė the drivers. It takes a lot of money and an equal amount of time and effort from a number of us to make them happen. We enjoy doing it for you and although it would be great if they made a small profit, the club canít afford to lose money like it did last year Ė so itís down to you.

If you want the sprints this year, please keep the banter positive and enthusiastic which Iím sure will encourage everyone to look forward to competing in some great events.
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Darin For This Useful Post:
3600magic (Yesterday), Aidy (12-02-2017), ALANREVO (14-02-2017), Blood Speed (20-02-2017), bobgenie (13-02-2017), BradGT (12-02-2017), Cryptwalk (12-02-2017), Danny @ APT (12-02-2017), GibletPH (12-02-2017), Greenstar (12-02-2017), Greeny-o (12-02-2017), Jadam (12-02-2017), jbeez_yuall (12-02-2017), johnd (12-02-2017), kins (13-02-2017), martinwba (14-02-2017), MILI780 (13-02-2017), Mita (12-02-2017), monkeynuts1 (12-02-2017), octainejunkee (13-02-2017), parksey (12-02-2017), peeler (12-02-2017), Rafkoo (12-02-2017), Rampant (13-03-2017), rob2.2 (13-02-2017), RSgeoff (12-02-2017), Sparksgsr (18-02-2017), Stallion (14-02-2017), Stoff (12-02-2017), super rover (12-02-2017), thetyrant (13-02-2017), Tom Dick (12-02-2017), uk87 (13-02-2017)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: