Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Old 21-05-2017, 19:41   #31
youngsyr

Car: Evo VIII FQ 330 Sold, now in a BMW M3 (V8)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Thanks good info

Interesting the 80 was ditched at the end even with MIVEC
Saying the 80 series was ditched implies it was inferior, which I think is far from the case.

The 80 series has shown time and again that it's more than capable of running 400+ bhp with decent response.

However, the IX MR FQ-360 turbo was designed for a 300 bhp car (the JDM IX MR), so at that power level it makes sense to fit a slightly smaller turbo and benefit from better response times and lower boost threshold.

It would be interesting to see how the IX MR FQ-360 turbo performs at higher boost levels in comparison to the 80 series and in particular the 71 series.

I wouldn't mind betting that both the 71 and 80 series are capable of producing more boost at high rpms than the IX MR FQ-360 turbo.
youngsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 19:51   #32
Mita
Senior User

My Car
Sorry ditched was perhaps harsh.

Yeh I think the 80 wins up top , but down low the other is king. Depends where you want the powerband I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsyr View Post
Saying the 80 series was ditched implies it was inferior, which I think is far from the case.

The 80 series has shown time and again that it's more than capable of running 400+ bhp with decent response.

However, the IX MR FQ-360 turbo was designed for a 300 bhp car (the JDM IX MR), so at that power level it makes sense to fit a slightly smaller turbo and benefit from better response times and lower boost threshold.

It would be interesting to see how the IX MR FQ-360 turbo performs at higher boost levels in comparison to the 80 series and in particular the 71 series.

I wouldn't mind betting that both the 71 and 80 series are capable of producing more boost at high rpms than the IX MR FQ-360 turbo.
Old Yesterday, 09:59   #33
Ben_r1
Senior User

Car: IX MR FQ360 HKS
My Car
I can post my recent dyno graphs if you like, I have the OE IX MR FQ360 turbo fitted.

I have a boost graph that shows 1.7 bar tailing off around 6000rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsyr View Post

Ben_r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben_r1 For This Useful Post:
Mita (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:29   #34
Mita
Senior User

My Car
Although of course from the original title that would be great if you could

I guessed it would tail at 6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_r1 View Post
I can post my recent dyno graphs if you like, I have the OE IX MR FQ360 turbo fitted.

I have a boost graph that shows 1.7 bar tailing off around 6000rpm.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: