Lancer Register Forum banner

Parts damaged

3K views 49 replies 16 participants last post by  beliblisk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi.

I recently sold ACD and front shafts on MLR

ACD arrived badly damaged but was accepted without any remark made to delivery guy (damage was seen from the outside as the packing was torn).

I also managed to send wrong shafts (rears instead of front) which i tried to correct by buying new set of shafts here on MLR (that were incomplete,lol).

Obviously buyer is not particulary happy about situation and i think i am left with no option but to make full refund (i spent extra on shafts)

I know i would win paypal claim as items were accepted on delivery so according to my parcel company they were delivered undamaged......but i am probably refunding the lot.

So now i am loosing 900gbp over this:/

All in all the worth deal in my life:p

Any comments?

See less See more
#6 ·
Hopefully you marked the items so when you get them back you know they are the same items you sent. When you do get them back, check the box contents before you sign for them, you dont want a box of bricks returned and signed for as proof there has been a return

If the buyer was a well known trusted member on here i'd feel more comfortable accepting the refund is right, if its an 'unknown' person buying, i'd be very cautious im not being conned.

What is the damage on the items, they are big heavy lumps, they will take some breaking

If the buyer has signed for an obviously damaged delivery, then they have basically ruined any chance you have of an insurance claim, so feel they have some liability on this too

Not a nice position for you and the buyer to be in :blah:

Stu

#11 ·
me too. Anything I ever sell that needs postage, with any value, is discreetly permanently marked for exactly this reason. Also watch paypal, if the buyer has tracking info with a signature for a return, the contents of the return box are irrelevant, putting a few bricks in a return box and a delivery signature is enough for Paypal to refund

The buyer has signed for a delivery that apparently was obviously damaged. They were wrong to do this, and this is outside the sellers control, but left the seller with no postage insurance comeback

BUT, then the buyer could also feel he has been done, sold goods that were faulty

Exactly why I wouldnt buy anything higher value from a seller I dont know off here, more so from abroad, as fixing any issue with such distance is going to be a nightmare

Someone from another country asked me for my MAF ive got for sale. Its sat on a shelf for years and I cant test it, I chose not to sell it rather than risk dealing with the comeback if it was faulty / damaged

Stu

#12 · (Edited)
The buyer was myself on behalf of Matt for our Time Attack race car, the parts were sent to Gary @ Apt and to be honest packaged absolutely horrendously, the shafts sent were rear shafts instead of fronts and to be honest again packaged terribly.

I don't really see what putting a thread up on here will achieve and saying you will win a PayPal claim will help.

The fact you are possibly implying that the parts we have somehow damaged is a complete joke, we have been more than patient. I will attach some photos.

How can you mix up rear shafts for fronts also ..... even Stevie wonder could distinguish between the two.

#14 ·
The buyer was myself on behalf of Matt for our Time Attack race car, the parts were sent to Gary @ Apt and to be honest packaged absolutely horrendously, the shafts sent were rear shafts instead of fronts and to be honest again packaged terribly.

I don't really see what putting a thread up on here will achieve and saying you will win a PayPal claim will help.

The fact you are possible implying that the parts we have somehow damaged is a complete joke, we have been more than patient. I will attach some photos.

How can you mix up rear shafts for fronts also ..... even Stevie wonder could distinguish between the two.
If its Gary@apt (or staff)that signed for them, then for me that takes away any trust issues/worries, as APT are definitely 1 of the trusted traders on here IMO

Stu

#17 ·
You have my wats app / email / Matts company email and contact details aswel as ApT's and you feel the need to air your laundry on here.....

As the pictures show the package was ripped but didn't show the Mounting point broken off damaged unless Gary or Danny have x-ray vision then that's impossible too see until it's opened.

Then we have the issue of the shafts ....... you sent REAR shafts not FRONT, that's not an easy mistake to make unless your not paying attention or have the eye sight of a bat / mole so again not our fault.

You losing money is solely down to you in the long run. If your going to send parts then just make sure they are actually wrapped up with more than yesterday's news paper along with some hopes and dreams.

#19 ·
Hi.

I recently sold ACD and front shafts on MLR

ACD arrived badly damaged but was accepted without any remark made to delivery guy (damage was seen from the outside as the packing was torn).
That is your fault because you didn't package the item sufficiently looking at the photos. Do you really think a bit of old cardboard is good enough to protect something so heavy and fragile? Why didn't you put it in a box and fill it with something like this?

https://www.kitepackaging.co.uk/scp...Jp9jBYrrP0own-UkW1aq6M0XhzlEuqgX26xoCVhPw_wcB

I also managed to send wrong shafts (rears instead of front) which i tried to correct by buying new set of shafts here on MLR (that were incomplete,lol).
Sending the wrong shafts is also your fault and the "new" set of shafts being incomplete is nothing to do with the buyer.

Obviously buyer is not particulary happy about situation and i think i am left with no option but to make full refund (i spent extra on shafts)
Spending extra on the incomplete shafts is nothing to do with the buyer. That's between you and the person you bought the incomplete shafts from. I'm not sure why you are trying to make us feel sorry for you by mentioning you spent extra? Of course the buyer is unhappy. He paid for a ACD transfer box and front drives shafts but received a broken ACD and rear drive shafts.

I know i would win paypal claim as items were accepted on delivery so according to my parcel company they were delivered undamaged......but i am probably refunding the lot.
I wouldn't bet on that. I once bought some tyres using paypal. A few days after accepting the tyres I noticed they had some major defects. I contacted paypal, showed them photos and I got refunded with no hassle.

So now i am loosing 900gbp over this:/
Well that's your own fault so don't expect us to feel sorry for you!

All in all the worst deal in my life:p
It's not the "deal" that was the worst in your life, it's your decision to wrap a heavy and fragile transfer box in cardboard and send the wrong drive shafts...that's what was "worst" in your life.

Please do the right thing and refund they buyer rather than searching for sympathy on here.
:rolleyes:

#21 ·
Both to blame!

Come to a mutual understanding!

A) Clearly wasn't packaged correctly.
B) What numpty signs for something with visible damage. Either sign for as damaged or refuse delivery.

Both parties clearly irresponsible on this occasion.
They let the courier know it was damaged and they didn't seem bothered so package was opened all the way up to inspect. So your calling Gary and Danny @ Apt numpties ...... lay off the crack son.

#23 ·
It was not my intention to shift any blame around here just to inform other MLR members what could happen during transport (and that it can hard both on buyer and seller). I trust buyer with his info and there wasnt a single moment i thought hes trying to scam me. If he could just signed as damaged i would be much better. Also i didnt have any intention of not returning funds.

I am sorry but i am no EVO expert so that rear shafts were sent by mistake as i thought i have front set as rears are still attached to the AYC dif.

Regarding paypal claim i trust parcel company as they wont refund me anything for the damage as it was signed for.

I sent transmission parts befor with same parcel company and didnt have any bad experience (i think this things are sturdy and hit like this would be hard to protect from).

Atleast shafts are now sorted.

#25 ·
Anything like that ideally needs to be secured to a pallet. Even then damages can occur but you minimise the risk.

Although, the packaging of that was next to useless. You have to image people picking and moving these have no concept of what it's woth. Things are chucked around, dropped and close to abused in sorting hubs.

Hope it gets rectified.

#28 ·
Crated up and packaged properly would of meant no problems, or minimised the risk.

No bangwagon here mate, always 2 sides to a story. I hope it gets sorted. It's a big shame it was signed for though no matter how you look at it.
It's done now.

Saj @ JPP once again comes to the rescue. I'm sure that'll be sent correctly along with 2 shafts that are COMPLETE.

Missed one test day for the car and may miss another aswel so it has knock on implications.

I really don't see why this was put on here by the seller, maybe I'm missing something.

#36 ·
Lol dudes. I am a scammer now?

I didnt know that topic exsisted as seller didnt directed me to it.

If you wish me to sum it up i could and ill ask seller to close that topic with an explanation as all was sored.

@Mita: like mentioned befor i have send/recieved couple transmission parts packed like this (i only built crates for entire engines) and there was no problem whats so ever. I never recieved broken part nor any of my buyers did. So i was simply doing as i did in the past. That is why i opened this topic to show what can happen during transport and that one should be vigilant when signing parcels (as that would help me a lot ATM).

Shafts story: I bought rolling shell with trunk load of parts. As the rear shafts are still attached to AYC so i assumed that spare set must be front (i dont built evos so it didnt occure to me i had two rear sets).

As soon as buyes told me i sent rears i started looking for extra set to repair my mistake and within a day i did find a set on MLR (was sent same day but ufortunately one part was missing but was sent today to make full set).

I hope that explains it and i will do my best to resolve this issue.
Since today i have built and maintained two STIs and three EVOs using UK sourced parts (and yes i sold few back as well) and honestly i treat others like i expect they will treat me.......fellow petrol head to another.

#37 ·
Any comments?
If it was damaged in transit then claim from the delivery people. The fact that it was signed for does not absolve them of responsibility even though they'll swear blind that it does.

This is the problem with sending goods though, ultimately if you don't want the hassle don't trade from your bedroom, get a better paid job instead. Proper traders charge more partly due to contingency for issues just like this.

#40 ·
Like mentioned i am not a trader. I am only selling parts that are surplus to my needs and total value of sold/FS parts is far lower than the ones i bought. This is the firts case of damage on transport that happend to me buying/selling. Lession learned.

I tried to claim some refund from delivery service but as it was signed of by reciepient i cant do nothing. They added that bouble wrap would prevent that kind of damage:p

Reason for topic was to spread info regarding damage that can occour and potential paypal claims related (read the title maybe):D

#41 ·
Like mentioned i am not a trader. I am only selling parts that are surplus to my needs and total value of sold/FS parts is far lower than the ones i bought. This is the firts case of damage on transport that happend to me buying/selling. Lesson learned.

I tried to claim some refund from delivery service but as it was signed of by reciepient i cant do nothing. They added that bouble wrap would prevent that kind of damage:p

Reason for topic was to spread info regarding damage that can occour and potential paypal claims related (read the title maybe):D
Everybody already knows that if you wrap a transfer box in old cardboard it is likely to get damaged during transit.

Why do you feel the need to educate people on this matter when it's you who made the mistake of not putting it in a foam filled box? Next time do just that and write fragile on it like everybody else would have done.

Telling us that not wrapping an item up properly may result in damage during transit is hardly a revelation is it?

In reality you made this thread to gain sympathy in the hope we would all tell you not to refund the guy but I'm afraid that's backfired.

Right, I better go now as I'm busy wrapping a Ming vase in paper before the courier comes to collect it. :shake::rolleyes:

#43 ·
I am just so glad that Matt paid via PayPal as I feel it'd be a very different matter. Our other transfer box and shafts turned up this morning from Saj @ JPP.

Surely it's usually the buyer putting threads up complaining about the whole situation, but I had no intention of doing so because I felt it could be sorted without airing laundry over a packaging issue / damaged in transit.

Which is why I was so surprised too see this and then see that the buyer was potentially thinking they would win a claim from PayPal so they wouldn't have any form of liability from the whole situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.