Lancer Register Forum banner

Back Into EVO Ownership With Red TME and 6RS

11K views 128 replies 31 participants last post by  Juno 
#1 · (Edited)
Well had lots of EVOS from 6-10 but now favouring the older cars with their charm and character[emoji3]So first was the full nut and bolt resto 6RS followed by this weeks purchase of the Red TOMMI MAK.

Can't wait to get the pair together and will run this as an ongoing thread to owning and enjoying these cars!

I was very lucky to pick up Gixerboys 6RS for which I thank him building, this will shortly be having the Emtron ECU fitted from MAD[emoji106] I have to say the quality of Gixerboys work is just stunning, simply the best[emoji106]

HJA are supplying my TME and it'S a belter, should have it next weekend!

So for now a few pictures of both[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
HKS I think and no I won't go back not until I sell it, doesn't bother me while I own it and an easy swap! Will also keep current intake and just revert back if ever selling, not as if it's tuned or anything [emoji4]

#5 · (Edited)
So here's the plan, I'm going to turn the Snooker room into indoor car storage/showroom with this picture painted on the wall[emoji106]I will fit Bi Folds in place of the window currently at the front of the house then look to build a fish tank between the lounge and this room so as I can see through! We will have two fish, one called Tommi and one called Makkinen Bonkers but what the hell you only live once 🤡
Got the builder coming round in a week or two[emoji106]

#9 ·
So here's the plan[emoji780]

Race car trailer stored elsewhere[emoji106]

The remove window and brickwork to replace with BiFold doors[emoji106]

Grand Children's Crapp in the Skip along with the Wife [emoji2]

Fish Tank 2.4x1.0 metes in the Red Wall

Artist to then paint this image onto flank wall

Find fish called Tommi and Mak

Finally open doors and drive Mak in

Jobs a Good Un

#15 ·
Not had a paint gauge on it so I couldn't say really, my outlook when viewing is that it is what it is painted or not. I doubt too many 18 year old cars are going to be fully original these days and still looking good. Once its home I will flick round with the paint gauge and report back. Either way it looks good and is in great general condition both underneath and on top :smthumbup

#31 ·
Excellent news I have sent ND aquatics an e mail already [emoji106]

2 Fish plus one Plastic Tommi Mak Radio Controlled [emoji594] (no electric) and maybe a few more fish to keep Tommi and Mak company [emoji225][emoji226]

#33 · (Edited)
Going off the car topic a little and I don't know how much you know about keeping marine fish but that is a serious sized aquarium. It would make an amazing reef tank. Obviously you aren't short of a bob or two so I'm sure you could having it looking amazing with a little TLC and a little bit of knowledge..

Yes I've had quite a bit of fish experience in the past both marine and tropical although on the tank side many years ago now,also spent 20 years keeping Koi Carp, lovely creatures! The jury is out on Marine or Fresh Water at the moment and how I lay the tank out so as I can see from one room through to the other. Obviously a marine set up has a far greater impact although I remember algae being a nightmare on my last reef set up. I guess filters have moved on a fair bit which should help improve things. I will post pictures as we progress [emoji106]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.