Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Brakes

Old 22-03-2017, 15:35   #31
GibletPH
Senior User

Car: 09 Evo X
What would you folks recommend for daily use with occasional track use? Currently have stock discs with redstuff (yes I know, came fitted with the car) pads.

PF Z rated all round or XP8? Will either of them squeak like most uprated pads seem to?
Old 22-03-2017, 15:49   #32
thetyrant
Brake Guru!

Car: Supercharged GT86 :) - Previously: Evo9-FQ360, Evo5-RS + 2 x Evo2's, all gone but not forgotten.
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibletPH View Post
What would you folks recommend for daily use with occasional track use? Currently have stock discs with redstuff (yes I know, came fitted with the car) pads.

PF Z rated all round or XP8? Will either of them squeak like most uprated pads seem to?
If noise is a concern the PF Z rated are better choice, they are a road based pad and should be fairly quiet if everything else is good, they can take light track use also,
Our XP8 is a competition type material so much stronger performance on road and track but can squeal with gentle use and are quite dusty, all depends what you can live with i guess.

Ian

Contact me for the best deals on Carbotech High Performance Brake Pads,
MOTUL RBF600 Brake Fluid and also Stainless Hose kits

thetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thetyrant For This Useful Post:
GibletPH (22-03-2017)
Old 22-03-2017, 16:02   #33
GibletPH
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetyrant View Post
If noise is a concern the PF Z rated are better choice, they are a road based pad and should be fairly quiet if everything else is good, they can take light track use also,
Our XP8 is a competition type material so much stronger performance on road and track but can squeal with gentle use and are quite dusty, all depends what you can live with i guess.

Ian
I can live with a bit of noise and dust. Would you reccomend XP8s all round or 10 on the front and 8 on the rear? The car does see some fast road use as well from time to time.
Old 22-03-2017, 18:14   #34
kikiturbo
Senior User

Car: EVO 9 GSR
My Car
in my experience, 10 is less noisy and works better overall.. I was using them all round..
but with any noisy XP pad, it comes down to the usage cycle.. lots of slow city traffic and they will be noisy..
kikiturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 18:18   #35
Rampant
Profound thinker

Car: IX FQ-320: GT1s, COP, Rods, LinkG4+, MR lip & has the devil in it (& 996 C4S: exhaust)
My Car
I've used a load of different fast road/light track pads over the years.

I've currently settled on having 2 sets of pads: one for everyday road use (daily driver Evo IX with OE Brembos); and one set for the occasional track day.

I've settled on Project Mu HC800+ pads for daily use and Carbon Lorraine CL6 (I think) for track. Really easy to change them over myself.

The Mu pads are a great compromise. Best biting pad I've found for my own driving style without squeal and less dust than the CLs and XP8s I've used in the past.

Forget Blue NDX and Orange Stuff. They're good, but not as good as a fast road Evo deserves. The Mu pads are also reasonably priced for the level of performance and OK to use in UK winter.

The CL pads are amazing on track for a full weight Evo. Totally fade free for me during hot midsummer day use over 6 plus continuous hard laps of Cadwell. On a similar par to XP8s. Perhaps even subjectively slughtly better... Similar dust levels. Similar squeal on road duties even with Ceratec and shims.

I'm also using MTech grooved one piece discs all round without complaint. Used Godspeed plain one piece discs before as well and theses discs are also recommended.

Yours Aye

Mark H

***Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon***
//// Do as you OUGHT, not as you WANT ////

Last edited by Rampant; 22-03-2017 at 18:19..
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 22:01   #36
GibletPH
Senior User

Went with XP8 all round. A big thanks to Ian for the advice. Had them fitted today and just been out to bed them in. Discs were skimmed beforehand and went for fresh fluid along with ceratec paste.

Initial impressions are very good. Huge difference between these and the old Redstuff pads. Will probably go on another bedding in run tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2017, 20:14   #37
GibletPH
Senior User

Thought I'd follow up with my review on the XP8 pads. They have been superb since day one. Brilliant stopping power and the noise isn't as bad as I feared when using the car to commute. Well worth the money!
Old 08-06-2017, 22:28   #38
ClarkboyJR

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6 gsr
Not posted for awhile but thought I would update with my choice of brake setup !
Gone with Godspeed g hook discs all round (single piece)
Rcl 5+ pads

Ordered them Tuesday evening 6/6/17 got them today excellent service from Ian at Godspeed and can't wait to try them out once bedded in !

Last edited by ClarkboyJR; 08-06-2017 at 22:53..
ClarkboyJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: