Lancer Register Forum banner

EVO 6 Proposed Mod List and Expectations

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Lefty 
#1 ·
Hi, so im looking for some general information help on some modifications i plan to do to my Stock evo JDM 6 GSR.

So the car is a completely stock 99 Evo6 with the exception of the Ralliart cat Back exhaust.

I plan on fitting the following mods and wonder if there is anything else i should be doing, the car is to remain a daily and not looking for huge power, just a touch more to make it more enjoyable,

255 Walbro Pump - Purchased
OEM FPR - Purchased
Stock ecu i believe, although EVOSCAN says the ROM is an EVO 7 EDM version, is this correct for stock JDM evo 6?

EVO 9 Turbo
EVO 9 BOV
3inch downpipe
Highflow Cat Convertor
Drop in filter, maybe cosworth

And obviously a Remap to dial it all in.

So is there anything else i should have on the list or better to change out or keep stock? What would be a guide bhp increase, but keeping it Stock reliable.

Thanks for any help...

See less See more
#11 ·
So my tuning Shop have a Grimmspeed 3 port that they have installed on alot of cars, their tech then told me id need to find out the frequency of the car (assume this is the ECU) so that the solenoid can be matched to it? This doesnt make much sense to me, but maybe im wrong and it is a real thing, Can anyone shed some light on it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.