Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 5 boot leaking

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  theot 
#1 ·
Hi.

I've got what I think is a known issue with the 5, the boot leaks and tuns the spare wheel well into a fish pond. I think it's getting in somewhere around the rear light clusters but not 100%. Does anyone know the usual weak spot/culprit for this? The water appears in the rear most corners of the boot floor and then migrates forwards along the sides and down into the wheel well. It's sitting fairly level so I'm pretty confident that this isn't just by chance.

Thanks in advance

#4 ·
Ant: Many thanks. I won't be taking your advice based upon the fact that I'm worried I'll end up entombed in their and she won't let out! :lol:

Trev: Thanks for the advice. So there is a seal where the wing mounts to the boot lid? Makes sense.

Update: There is a faint water mark coming from the upper mounting bolt of both rear light clusters. Is this likely to be the seal between the light clusters and the body shell that has failed? Sounds daft to ask but I find it difficult to believe that they've both failed?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.