Lancer Register Forum banner

Club 4WD Time Attack Championship Winning Lap

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  octainejunkee 
#1 · (Edited)
So yesterday was the final round of the UK Time Attack Championship and going into it I was leading by just 1 point.. The morning began with me taking it steady as I was nursing a cracked manifold and also saving the Pirelli tyres as they had covered every lap of the championship, around 180 laps before Rockingham.
Qualifying started and new I only needed a first to win the championship, after I put in a banker lap I started my flat out lap but nearing the end of that lap I lost 2 cylinders so brought the car back to the pits to find out my coil pack had melted due to electric fault so had to park it :( this gave Josef Calleja the win in qualifying which tied us on points going into the final so it was winner takes all in the final, however I wasn't hopeful of getting out in the final due to the cars issues.
Nick Rountree worked his magic and with minutes before the final the car was back to firing on all four cylinders but the manifold was now blowing a fair bit but off I went knowing I properly only had one lap before the manifold let go, I set a good lap on lap 2 but wasn't good enough as I was second however on lap 3 I really pushed hard and managed a better lap to go 0.3 sec faster which put me first, I continued and got more laps in but after lap 3 I could feel after 200+ laps the tyres was letting go so didn't manage a better lap however this proved enough to take the win and championship.
Thanks to:
NR Autosport
Shaun at Pirelli UK
Melton Fiberglass
XXR Wheels UK

Winning lap:

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice lap :coolsm:

The old girl is still a rocket :smthumbup

Reactions: simonsevo
#8 ·
well done Simon its been a close run thing all season between you and Josef and to take it down the the final runs proved that.

both teams had their different problems at every round and with great support from both sides made it a interesting season :D

And TBH I am glad I was there to take pictures at every round

Roll on next season :smthumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.