Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Technical Questions

Old 13-09-2017, 07:13   #16
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixy View Post
Nice one Stu, yeah I'm currently looking at trickle chargers also. The car is a factory MR FQ 300, I recently had it on a rolling road machine and it's running at just short of 400bhp, other than a updated air filter I have no idea what has been done to the car, there was no modification/re-map information given to me when I bought it (from a garage).

I was speaking to a guy called Jamie at a place called Evotune in Durham, he said to take the car down to have a look and see what's what.

This was another reason I maybe thought I'd a better battery..

Thanks again mate

Tom
Title says MRFQ 400, hence my hesitation

As standard there isnt much space for a bigger battery, but as your battery tray seems quite large, im guessing its aftermarket? Basically what you can do is get the car checked for any abnormal battery drains once the keys are out, if its all good there, then as above, just replace with standard good quality battery, they are cheap enough to accept they will not last forever. If you want to go bigger, you will need to replace the battery connectors, I did this and made a bigger tray, never had a problem again, but sometimes my car would stand for a week between starting, so the bigger battery helped that. Un-necessary though if your car is used regularly or connected to a battery optimizer.

As for optimizers, I like Optimate, but also Ctek are popular on here. Jamie@evotune is a well known trader on here, he will see you right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixy View Post
Cheers mate, I actually think I try'd one of these but the posts were to big...
I 'think' the 260 being a UK spec, has a bigger battery and tray as standard

Stu
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: