Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Technical Questions

Old 12-09-2017, 07:13   #1
twixy
Junior User

Yo Guys......Looking for a good Battery to use for a EVO 8 MRFQ 400

Hi Guys,

I'm seemingly having trouble with Battery's, the crank over has never been great but To be honnest I havnt really been looking at battery spec, but I,m wanting to put a good decent one on now..

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for any help :-)
twixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:38   #2
Gavalar
Senior User

Car: Evo 9 fq360 Mr
I know Ux should be 70 amp not 40 s4027 on a ix mate . I'm sure u will get a good bit of advice shortly good luck
Gavalar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gavalar For This Useful Post:
twixy (13-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:10   #3
twixy
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavalar View Post
I know Ux should be 70 amp not 40 s4027 on a ix mate . I'm sure u will get a good bit of advice shortly good luck
Thanks mate, I'm just trying to upload some images now :--)

Cheers
Old 12-09-2017, 07:49   #4
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixy View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm seemingly having trouble with Battery's, the crank over has never been great but To be honnest I havnt really been looking at battery spec, but I,m wanting to put a good decent one on now..

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for any help :-)
do you have the dimensions of the space for the battery, and a pic, as well as any details off the battery

Since you say you have problems with 'battery's', implying you've had issues with a few batteries, it would also be worth checking earths, clean connections on starter motor, and maybe even the starter motor is going tired, or the heavy +ve cable to it isn't performing correctly

More info needed basically

Stu
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:16   #5
craig5
Senior User

Car: evo 8
My Car
is it not nissan micra battery you want
craig5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craig5 For This Useful Post:
twixy (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 08:59   #6
Leo6072
Senior User

My Car
Bosch 70amp. S4027
Leo6072 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo6072 For This Useful Post:
G-Force (12-09-2017), twixy (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:20   #7
twixy
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu8 View Post
do you have the dimensions of the space for the battery, and a pic, as well as any details off the battery

Since you say you have problems with 'battery's', implying you've had issues with a few batteries, it would also be worth checking earths, clean connections on starter motor, and maybe even the starter motor is going tired, or the heavy +ve cable to it isn't performing correctly

More info needed basically

Stu
Cheers mate, I'm trying to upload some images but it's not letting me,
The tray size is roughly 11" x 8".
The info on The battery is: LUCAS PREMIUM - LP154 - 12v - 45AH - 330(EN)

The battery that is on a little while ago went completely flat...like 0v as the car wasn't used with me working away, give it a good charge and it seemed ok, but it hasn't really been right since...

Thanks again bud
Old 12-09-2017, 10:39   #8
craig5
Senior User

Car: evo 8
My Car
you want a micra battery same size but cheaper than if you put evo in eurocarparts
craig5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craig5 For This Useful Post:
twixy (13-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 12:56   #9
stu8
Senior User

that Bosch mentioned above would be a much better battery but it is bigger than the 1 you have so measure carefully first, also notice the terminals are the other way round to yours, so again make sure the connector wires will reach

Besides that, your battery going flat, especially that flat, will kill it off. Car batteries are designed in a way that they are never suppose to go flat, they are fully charged, use a little then fully charged again. Car batteries are never the same once they have gone flat

Stu
Old 12-09-2017, 13:54   #10
twixy
Junior User

Quote:
that Bosch mentioned above would be a much better battery but it is bigger than the 1 you have so measure carefully first, also notice the terminals are the other way round to yours, so again make sure the connector wires will reach

Besides that, your battery going flat, especially that flat, will kill it off. Car batteries are designed in a way that they are never suppose to go flat, they are fully charged, use a little then fully charged again. Car batteries are never the same once they have gone flat

Stu
Cheers Stu,

Yeah I'm deffinatley going to invest in a new battery!, the terminal posts are the real small ones on my current battery aswell...I might have to change the terminal crimps over, I might struggle with the length of the cables mind...

I'll do some more digging...

Thanks again for the help!
Old 12-09-2017, 16:41   #11
stu8
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixy View Post
Cheers Stu,

Yeah I'm deffinatley going to invest in a new battery!, the terminal posts are the real small ones on my current battery aswell...I might have to change the terminal crimps over, I might struggle with the length of the cables mind...

I'll do some more digging...

Thanks again for the help!
to be honest if you have the small posts, just replace like for like, but go for a decent make. The small terminals limit your battery options, and the +ve has the fuses on it too. The battery is either an 054 or 053 (can never remember which ) and accept they wont last forever, but aren't exactly expensive

If you tend to leave your car for long periods of time, then it is worth going for a bigger battery and the messing involved making it fit, but if the car is used regularly, or connected to a charger/optimizer when not in use, standard battery should be fine assuming everything else is fine

Would have suggested this in the first post, but as yours is a fq400, I wasnt sure if it used a different battery from most

Stu
Old 13-09-2017, 07:00   #12
twixy
Junior User

Quote:
to be honest if you have the small posts, just replace like for like, but go for a decent make. The small terminals limit your battery options, and the +ve has the fuses on it too. The battery is either an 054 or 053 (can never remember which ) and accept they wont last forever, but aren't exactly expensive

If you tend to leave your car for long periods of time, then it is worth going for a bigger battery and the messing involved making it fit, but if the car is used regularly, or connected to a charger/optimizer when not in use, standard battery should be fine assuming everything else is fine

Would have suggested this in the first post, but as yours is a fq400, I wasnt sure if it used a different battery from most

Stu
Nice one Stu, yeah I'm currently looking at trickle chargers also. The car is a factory MR FQ 300, I recently had it on a rolling road machine and it's running at just short of 400bhp, other than a updated air filter I have no idea what has been done to the car, there was no modification/re-map information given to me when I bought it (from a garage).

I was speaking to a guy called Jamie at a place called Evotune in Durham, he said to take the car down to have a look and see what's what.

This was another reason I maybe thought I'd a better battery..

Thanks again mate

Tom
Old 12-09-2017, 19:00   #13
Evo6er
Senior User

Car: EVO 8 MR
My Car
I use this in my 8 MR with no issues, good starting power and thin posts.

https://carbatteries-online.co.uk/pr...d-car-battery/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2017, 19:45   #14
Ben24
Senior User

My Car
My factory Yuasa battery lasted 10 years, I've now fitted this to my 260 http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bul...5-yr-guarantee It seems great, and will hopefully last another 10 years.
Ben24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 07:04   #15
twixy
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben24 View Post
My factory Yuasa battery lasted 10 years, I've now fitted this to my 260 http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bul...5-yr-guarantee It seems great, and will hopefully last another 10 years.
Cheers mate, I actually think I try'd one of these but the posts were to big...or does that one have the small posts also?

Last edited by twixy; 13-09-2017 at 07:09..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: