Lancer Register Forum banner

Best Estate?

6K views 70 replies 26 participants last post by  Mita 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking in to an estate car. I work in Europe for around 5 or 6 months in a yearly period. I'm thinking to buy an estate to drive there , use there and then drive back and use in the UK when I'm there also. I don't want to spend silly money. Reason I say an estate , it seems the less likely to of been ragged to ****, plus there's plenty of room for taking stuff back and forth. I've been looking at BMW Touring mostly and some Audi's. Prefer the older styles to be honest. Price will reflect it anyway... what's people's thoughts on say a 3 to 5 grand budget?

Thanks in advance.

#16 ·
That sounds awesome! Any pics?

Although a 330d touring remapped are fantastic
I really like them TBH even the older shape too :smthumbup

BMW 525D might suit you ... they seem a favourite with the more mature gentlemen , usually well looked after circa 03/04 plate .
Are you calling me old :lol::crackup:

I am a sucker for a Beemer

#43 ·
How about a Legnum VR4?

I just happen to have one for sale :lol:

Reactions: Mita
#48 · (Edited)
I have also had the Astra estate as a run around and although nothing exciting it did the job very well. Very left field and un Japanese but a Freelander Td4 may do the above jobs you want? Donald, sorry to Hijack the thread but could I acquire some details about the Legnum?

James
How about a Legnum VR4?

I just happen to have one for sale :lol:

#49 ·
Donald, sorry to Hijack the thread but could I acquire some details about the Legnum?

James
I can't seem to send you a PM, so apologies to the OP for the thread hijack.

The legnum is a 1997 VR4 Type S, rare 5sp manual in pearl white. It needs a bit of TLC though. Mileage is 155,000km. I've owned it since a year after it was imported 9 years ago. Currently not MOT'd but running and drives very well. It could do with a set of discs for mot but I'm happy to sell as it is, or mot it, price negotiable. I put a new clutch in it last year and have done less than 1000 miles since. It's never let me down but it is needing some work. It has evo 7 alloys and new tyres however I would like to keep them as I use then for tiddles dyno work. I have the 17" alloys it came with but they could do with a refurbished to be honest.

I'm not looking for much for it. I could break it for £1k so I'd be happy with an offer around that sort of money.

Reactions: Mita
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.