Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Old 13-07-2017, 18:30   #16
evocop4
Horizon chaser

Car: Black Tommi Makinen 310bhp; Black Focus ST 270bhp
My Car
Oh Aidy. All these years of baiting. If it helps I left it for a couple of weeks in the sun and have ruined my carbon wing. It was actually doing donuts in a field. The point of this thread was to actually see some evo being used. Only two of us have posted pics.

Another one round the ring.
kikiturbo (13-07-2017), river evo 6 (13-07-2017), squeakyclean32 (13-07-2017), staffi (13-07-2017), Tommyturbo (14-07-2017), will2 (13-07-2017)
Old 13-07-2017, 18:34   #17
Cyberstaff
Senior User

Car: Evo IX Fq 320, Jaguar xe R-Sport, Vw T6 kombi highline
My Car
I'm a polished garage queen I'm afraid and hate getting it dirty or wet! But thats my choice.
When it does comes out it gets driven properly

I am thinking of a second evo though that is, shall we say a little rough around the edges that i can slag around.

Last edited by Cyberstaff; 13-07-2017 at 18:35..
Cyberstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyberstaff For This Useful Post:
Crafoo (14-07-2017), squeakyclean32 (13-07-2017)
Old 13-07-2017, 18:45   #18
squeakyclean32
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 6 TME plus a White E9 GT.... Love them both....
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberstaff View Post
I'm a polished garage queen I'm afraid and hate getting it dirty or wet! But thats my choice.
When it does comes out it gets driven properly

I am thinking of a second evo though that is, shall we say a little rough around the edges that i can slag around.
We now have two Evo's....one is a garage queen only comming out in dry weather ....but the other is used everyday and more recently we enjoyed it the only way an Evo is mean't to be enjoyed ....took ages to clean the bugs off
We all love Evo's for different reasons... I love to see a minty Evo but I also understand just how brilliant they are to really drive ....they come alive
squeakyclean32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squeakyclean32 For This Useful Post:
Cyberstaff (13-07-2017), evocop4 (14-07-2017)
Old 13-07-2017, 20:00   #19
Baileyk

In honour of this thread I took the car to a jet wash to wash off some bird poo then threw it down a dual carriageway multiple times to 'dry' it off.
Baileyk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baileyk For This Useful Post:
evocop4 (13-07-2017), will2 (13-07-2017)
Old 13-07-2017, 20:03   #20
staffi
TOO many posts.......

Car: Ruri Blue IX GT
Jet wash? How dare you

True story, my mate took his 22B to a car wash and it ripped the rear spoiler off
Old 13-07-2017, 20:08   #21
Baileyk

Ah, it was a do it yourself just the hose / nozel. My brother loves car detailing if I took the evo through a car wash he'd probably stab me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baileyk For This Useful Post:
staffi (13-07-2017), will2 (13-07-2017)
Old 13-07-2017, 20:17   #22
7722adam
User

Car: Evo VI GSR
My Car
Suppose yours is a daily driver used all year round, fair play to you

Thankfully I, along with many other, can enjoy their cars not just by driving them, but Looking after them without using daily!! My current evo is far from a garage queen etc, it never will be, it was purchase to be enjoyed, but on the flip side am I going to drive it on salt infested roads that are going to only do one thing?? ruin it, no!!

You drive a couple of year old evo X, many on here have evos that are circa 20 years old and are prone to rust!! And what's the problem with "using it properly" and then cleaning it afterwards?

People already say that all uk cars are rot boxes, so anyone trying to prevent theirs being a rot box gets a thumbs up for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
So even the guys that use it "hardcore" and "aint no garage queen" actually admit "yeah, but, no, but, yeah, but no but I cleaned and polished it right after" and even this thread is turning into a thread about how few miles people do and how well kept their cars are

evocop4, I can tell from your wheels your car is a garage queen and that that mud is only the result of you having to park on a temporary car park cos the main park at Sandringham was full.
Old 13-07-2017, 20:17   #23
tommymak
Senior User

Car: Evo VII
Que super rover, he definitely uses his!
Rain or shine I hit my local country roads and have a great time in mine, I then mint it up again when I get home and I don't use it on salty roads or it will dissolve
tommymak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 20:22   #24
Baileyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7722adam View Post
Suppose yours is a daily driver used all year round, fair play to you

Thankfully I, along with many other, can enjoy their cars not just by driving them, but Looking after them without using daily!! My current evo is far from a garage queen etc, it never will be, it was purchase to be enjoyed, but on the flip side am I going to drive it on salt infested roads that are going to only do one thing?? ruin it, no!!

You drive a couple of year old evo X, many on here have evos that are circa 20 years old and are prone to rust!! And what's the problem with "using it properly" and then cleaning it afterwards?

People already say that all uk cars are rot boxes, so anyone trying to prevent theirs being a rot box gets a thumbs up for me!!
My house doesn't have a garage to store it in. So no choice but to drive it. I suspect if I had a garage it would become a garage queen so to speak. I am lucky that I can choose two routes to work, one that is 6 miles or one that is 20 miles of country road madness.
Old 13-07-2017, 20:44   #25
7722adam
User

My Car
Enjoy it!!! I wish I could enjoy, let alone Justify using mine daily!! Mine lives In a garage but is not a queen!!

As soon as I get the chance she comes out and gets driven properly!!

My father in law has an 8 just It case it snows!! Left out all year etc and it's ruining a brilliant car as may only get used for a couple of 00 miles a year at most!!

Garage queen that doesn't get used? Or a garage queen that gets used and Returned to a garage is the question!?!
Old 13-07-2017, 20:50   #26
Baileyk

He need to be released from his 8 if it's just sat outside not moving, it will rust. Had a saxo do that to me because I thought I'd be clever and sorn it and save some money. Spent 300 quid on welding!
Old 13-07-2017, 20:54   #27
7722adam
User

My Car
Tell me about it!! I've been trying to get it off him for last two years!!

It's a silver 260gsr, on a 55 plate and Done less than 35k miles!! But he loves it when he drives it!! And will go through a phase of driving it then return to his bmw when the mother in outlaw tells him to!!

With a good clean would be a real tidy car, but he doesn't realise what he has!! ��
Old 13-07-2017, 20:58   #28
Baileyk

Seriously, what does he think he's driving. The bonnet vents give the game away as to the cars potential.
Old 13-07-2017, 21:19   #29
Aidy
Jesus built my car

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by evocop4 View Post
It was actually doing donuts in a field.
If the car fits....
Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 22:03   #30
will2
Regional Organiser

Car: jdm evo 7gsr , forged +full buddyclub exhaust,cams+ ix turbo,silver fastest with carbon ! ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidy View Post

evocop4, I can tell from your wheels your car is a garage queen and that that mud is only the result of you having to park on a temporary car park cos the main park at Sandringham was full.
will2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: