Gg3001
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Not for want of trying

If I hadn't taken it to bits I would be driving it

Pesky work
I don't think that's a shame nor sad ( the MLR does) its what YOU choose to do for whatever the reason. What about the ones that mod it blown it up/make changes and sits in the garage for years? Sad too. The ones that dyno at 800 million HP and at events ( whilst im driving mine) they have the bonnet up and jerk off to it instead of using it? ALL sad right? But who cares!! Im not about to start a thread ranting about it

As for those taking what's said personal, don't...! People just talk out of their arse on forums means nothing/affects nothing in your personal life!
Gg3001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 12:47   #152
Mita
Senior User

But that's my point, some seem to want to enjoy theirs and drive them, but don't through fear of losing value in their car. Fine if you want to wrap it up and not use it much wanting to make money, crack on. But I see some almost stressing they can't use theirs because of worry. I don't really get that.

Totally agree with you though, do whatever the **** you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gg3001 View Post
I don't think that's a shame nor sad ( the MLR does) its what YOU choose to do for whatever the reason. What about the ones that mod it blown it up/make changes and sits in the garage for years? Sad too. The ones that dyno at 800 million HP and at events ( whilst im driving mine) they have the bonnet up and jerk off to it instead of using it? ALL sad right? But who cares!! Im not about to start a thread ranting about it

As for those taking what's said personal, don't...! People just talk out of their arse on forums means nothing/affects nothing in your personal life!
Mita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 12:50   #153
Gavalar
Senior User

Car: Evo 9 fq360 Mr
I never met an evo owner that don't blast there car . A spirited drive around country lanes B roads etc. Just not at brands hatch , with a kid in a civic trying to drive into the back of them . How many people track and then moan when car goes bang or gets written off on a track . I would sooner by a dedicated track evo . I think there two different things . Evos are ment for rallying not racing persay. How many drivers get there evos sideways or jump **** . I for one am not skilled enough to even try . I'm honestly not skilled enough . I would love to go round the ring in mine but I would worry It would end in tears lol
Gavalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 13:12   #154
Gg3001
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
But that's my point, some seem to want to enjoy theirs and drive them, but don't through fear of losing value in their car. Fine if you want to wrap it up and not use it much wanting to make money, crack on. But I see some almost stressing they can't use theirs because of worry. I don't really get that.

Totally agree with you though, do whatever the **** you want.

That's no always the case. Some people want to wrap it up and keep it mint/new because they have love for it. Example, my 9 year old loves trainers, the boy has a load of new or hardly used trainers that he's now grow out of because he refuses to wear them in case they get dirty, is that hard to understand?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gg3001 For This Useful Post:
Mita (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 13:38   #155
evocop4
Horizon chaser

Car: Black Tommi Makinen 310bhp; Black Focus ST 270bhp
My Car
I started the thread to see if anyone else uses theirs and to see pics. Most pics nowadays are of them sat still.

I just can't work out why a 500mile MR RS is such an exciting thing. I said they all looked like it once and it won't live out its destiny. Just a waste of a car in my eyes. But there is a section of people that like that. I didn't want to ruin his thread so had one of my own. 11 pages and tons of replies later clearly it is something that has got people interested.
RSgeoff (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 13:40   #156
Gavalar
Senior User

Evo track car only , evo daily , evo investment or somewhere in between .But I think there's a very small percentage buying just to make money . Unless it's in a bubble . Tax insurance and maintenance wipes out profit . As for the red Tommie thing some purchased years ago and the fact that prices have rocketed is not there fault . M3 rob is classic example he owns a white one and a red one . Both same car , drive the same etc . But if he was going on a track what colour would u think he would choose . Exactly . Not because of greed , just common sense . If u go to a muddy field and u had a. Ew pair of trainers and a pair of work boots what would u put on .
The Following User Says Thank You to Gavalar For This Useful Post:
M3 ROB (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 13:52   #157
grants
Senior User

Car: A proper Evo (6RS)
Something I worked on in 1998

I doubt if it ever did more than 1K miles
Attached Images

grants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grants For This Useful Post:
Gg3001 (17-07-2017), robert12345 (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 14:02   #158
Gg3001
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by evocop4 View Post
I started the thread to see if anyone else uses theirs and to see pics. Most pics nowadays are of them sat still.

I just can't work out why a 500mile MR RS is such an exciting thing. I said they all looked like it once and it won't live out its destiny. Just a waste of a car in my eyes. But there is a section of people that like that. I didn't want to ruin his thread so had one of my own. 11 pages and tons of replies later clearly it is something that has got people interested.
You started a thread as you were having a rant and NEEDED to get it out your system. THAT is what most don't understand.
Old 17-07-2017, 16:10   #159
TrickyDick
Very Senior User

Car: VII FQ-300x2
At odds with another thread saying this forum is dying it's great to see some passion being vented - of course each to their own form of passion and you'll never persuade each of the other. But its seems the drivers among us are still alive and kicking - sorry to OP that I was too embarrassed to take a pick of my mud and grass covered car when I spun out at Cadwell recently, fortunately I missed the barrier so only my pride dented

Here is how to properly clean your car

TrickyDick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrickyDick For This Useful Post:
evocop4 (17-07-2017), Gavalar (17-07-2017), leeslancer8 (17-07-2017), robert12345 (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 16:44   #160
Benbo

If all Evos got thrashed until they were dead then there'd be none left for our grandkids to see.....and if they all got stored away polished to the max in humidity controlled chambers then we'd never see any on the road. Our Evo is used daily in all weathers and after a year still looks as good as when it was imported......I'm not sure how many years we will get away with that for though.

But, that's why we bought it, as a car, a mode of transport. Some other people buy them as toys, and others as investments, or ornaments. The nice thing is Evos can do all of these things well.

Somebody (who I imagine was massively intelligent, possibly Aidy) once wrote......isn't buying a nice car and not using it to keep it nice for its next owner a bit like not having sex with your wife so you don't ruin her for her next husband.....or something to that effect
Benbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benbo For This Useful Post:
Clivew (17-07-2017), evocop4 (17-07-2017), Silent_Scone (18-07-2017), will2 (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 16:46   #161
MrEvo665
Senior User

Car: Evo X FQ400 (By WRC Developments)
My Car
I bought my evo to drive and enjoy, i dont take it to the track but, the car gets used regularly on nice dry days, never in the rain or salted roads. I keep all my cars prestine but they do get used.

In 2 and a half years of owner ship ive done 11k miles in my evo, and I have enjoyed every mile, why wouldent i drive it when i can? Its one of my dream cars. When its in the garage yes its a garage queen but as soon as there is a dry "nice" day it comes out for plenty of a and b road driving and it puts a huge smile on my face.

i didnt buy my evo to just sit in the garage collecting dust, that would be a shame, lifes to short, and its very unlikely i would see a profit if i sell it as i tax and insure my car all year round, 1 years tax is £535, then maintenance/serviceing, useing the best oils ect.

Everyones different so each to their own, whatever makes you happy just do it.

The point im trying to make is you can drive your evos and still keep it prestine, their is plenty of products that protect your paint ect, i.e Ceramic Pro. Obviously those products won't make one bit of difference if you crash into a tree, in the middle of the field with no trees. Or if you total your evo.

Its summer guys, make the most of it and enjoy your evos.

Stay safe on the roads everyone.

Last edited by MrEvo665; 17-07-2017 at 20:17.. Reason: road tax price corrected.
MrEvo665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrEvo665 For This Useful Post:
Clivew (17-07-2017), evocop4 (17-07-2017), Gavalar (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 19:56   #162
RSgeoff
Senior User

Car: 2003 VI GSR.
My Car
Has no-one heard of a Jetwash?
I'm with the "use them as intended" category but also keep them immaculate.
Already dreading winter as salt is their biggest enemy, but I still take them out on dry winter days if the grit has all been washed away the previous few days.

Anyway here's memories of a great day coming out of Croft circuit and having the field to myself and great fun, then another photo 2 weeks later (Note the different colour splitter and rear wing)!!
Attached Images

Last edited by RSgeoff; 17-07-2017 at 20:12..
RSgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RSgeoff For This Useful Post:
Clivew (18-07-2017), evocop4 (17-07-2017), leeslancer8 (17-07-2017), robert12345 (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 20:03   #163
Gavalar
Senior User

Brilliant mate , lovely car and as u say . Memories last longer then any car will .
Old 17-07-2017, 20:06   #164
river evo 6
Senior User

I drive mine as much as possible, but keep it in good nick , it never wants for anything.
The pleasure I get is fantastic.
If you have an evo and don't drive it your missing out.

Power = full
Torque = sometimes.
river evo 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 20:58   #165
Dave-Cee
Climate Changer

Car: MAD forged 2.2 IX FQ 340 PLG Leccy Bloo
Took mine to Sweden .. twice!

Once to the Norwegian border, to an ice lake in Feb for some ice driving.. much fun had.

Yes that is a mouse

Attached Images

Dave-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave-Cee For This Useful Post:
Clivew (18-07-2017), evocop4 (17-07-2017), kikiturbo (19-07-2017), leeslancer8 (17-07-2017), strange_days_uk (18-07-2017)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: