Lancer Register Forum banner

VI GSR from Excellent to Mint condition - Winter Project

24K views 159 replies 40 participants last post by  Mita 
#1 · (Edited)
Well as many of you know I managed to find a superb VI GSR at the back end of last year. It hadn't been in the country long and was 99% standard (decat and panel filter the only mods).
While in Japan it has obviously spent a lot of time in the sun hence a couple of the sun fade issues relate to this.
Car has only done 38k miles and is in excellent condition, but quite a few small items weren't up to my high standards, so I've been plugging away each week sorting them all. Not quite finished yet but thought it was about time I put a thread up. :D

The long list of tasks have included:-

Full clean / clay bar / wax.

1. Full Speedo conversion.
2. Replace stereo for double din touch screen DAB unit.
3. Cat 1 alarm & immobiliser.
4. Rear fog light install into cluster.
5. Door cards refurb.
6. Yellowing on headlights cleaned.
7. Bonnet grille refurb.
8. Fan surround refurb.
9. Replace a few perished rubber boost hoses.
10. New wheel centres.
11. Brake disc rust refurb.
12. Front Brembo refurb.
13. New wheel nuts.
14. Fix under bonnet insulation.
15. Remove rear lights & clean.
16. Rear decal replaced.

Not a lot left to do now - need to replace the steering gaiters, spray the door pillar which has faded and refurb the rear brembos.
The underneath was already immaculate but i'll probably be waxoiling it, then off to get a geometry check.
Even though the bodywork is immaculate / not even a single stone chip i'm seriously considering a full wrap (colour tbc) and possibly change to aftermarket wheels.

Enjoy the before & after pics....

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.