Lancer Register Forum banner

The MLR Evo aftermarket wheel fitment thread

257K views 136 replies 76 participants last post by  Luckystr1ke 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I hope the mods/Admin will allow this to remain in this section and sticky it, but what i'd like to do is help out all the Evo owners out there that keep wondering what type of wheel will fit their car, offset, fitment over brembo's etc. (yes, i've pinched this from EvoM)

I'd like to keep chat to a minimum (any Q's then PM) so it remains a full informative thread, so for all you people with aftermarket alloys is a little bit of info following this format:

Wheels: type, size, offset, spacers, colour optional
Tires: size, brand is optional
Arches: Standard? Rolled? Shaved? Aftermarket?
Rubbing issues: Does it scrub on lock or if carrying passengers?
Brakes: Type & Size

Good pictures of fitment, ie down the side of the car etc but a max of 3 pictures otherwise we'll be inundated with pics for easy viewing.
So i'll start.

Wheels: Ray Volks TE37 Time Attack, 18x8.5" ET30
Tires: 245/40/18 Advan
Arches: Standard
Rubbing issues: None
Brakes: K-sport 356mm

Regards
Steve

See less See more
#31 ·
Wheels: RS-Z1 18x9 ET30
Wheelspacer: None
Tires: Federal RS-R 255/35-18
Suspension: Öhlins R&T (-3d front and -2d rear camber)
Rubbing: None really at the front, just barely touches the inner fender plastic on full lock. Rears rub on the outside with stock arches.
Fedners: Not touched in the front, lip folded upward in the rear, not completely flattened to the fender. Still touches the tires in big compressions, like bumps mid hard corner. Or when landing after jumps.
Brakes: Standard Brembo's
Extra: The center caps do not clear the hubs in the front. At least not with the locking pin bend over the tap.

#121 ·
Would like to ask you, i recently bought bola b1 18x9.5 et30 like you , what tyres your using and if you have any issues on your rear fenders and if your using any suspension and what model or brand u use bro and on what dimensions u set it on front and rear? I have hks suspension on oem factory height dimensions and my tyres now are 245/40/18 , will they fit bola without any problem or fenders issues at rear most? Thinking of using 255/35/18 will they be better but dont want to make any roll to my fenders or maybe with some camber and height at rear i will be okay?

#41 · (Edited)
For those wondering about the Bola B1 wheels and asked about the tyre size, here is my update as I took a punt on them haha!
Wheels: Bola B1 18x9.5 ET30
Rubbing: None so far but looks close. Had two people in back without issue but could be issue fully loaded. *Edit* - After a year finally got full car load and it rubbed on rear - badly! (245/40/18 tyres).
Brakes: Standard Brembos. No spacers required for Bolas unlike rotas of same size which is nice.
Types: 245/40/18

*Update* - Got arches rolled no rubbing issue now LOL

A new more recent photo...

#51 ·
For those wondering about the Bola B1 wheels and asked about the tyre size, here is my update as I took a punt on them haha!
Wheels: Bola B1 18x9.5 ET30
Rubbing: None so far but looks close. Had two people in back without issue but could be issue fully loaded.
Brakes: Standard Brembos. No spacers required for Bolas unlike rotas of same size which is nice.
Types: 245/40/18

Love this combo! :smthumbup
Where did you get the white Bola B1's from. Can only find blacks and silvers online.

#49 ·
As far as I know they are 18" only. Note sure you could get the dished look in 17"? Maybe you could...not sure. The nice thing about the 18" bolas is that fit straight on an EVO 7-9 without any spacers or anything.

I'd call a stockist and ask?

#57 ·
No idea on lowered height but I'm running Tein lowering springs on standard IX FQ bilsteins - updated pic after the wheels settled and a good wash with decent camera lol
If they are the Tein-S Springs I have them on mine, pretty sure they drop -35mm front and -25mm rear, sits about the same as mine on 9.5x18s
:)

Reactions: zefal
#59 ·
That looks smart, do people running a 9.5j rim find it affects handling?

Of course, it always looks better but does it go better with them on?

Getting a wheel to look the part on an Evo has always been an issue for me, unlike the Vw scene where everything seems to look great and suit.

#60 ·
That looks smart, do people running a 9.5j rim find it affects handling?

Of course, it always looks better but does it go better with them on?

Getting a wheel to look the part on an Evo has always been an issue for me, unlike the Vw scene where everything seems to look great and suit.
For me my car is purely a weekend summer drive only so doesn't go near a track interms of effecting the handling I'm sure the edge may have been taken off a little over the factory 17" OZ's but not enough for me to worry about.

Your right about getting a rims to suit the Evo I'm on my 5th set now lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.