Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Projects & Restorations

Old 23-03-2017, 08:49   #16
M3 ROB
Senior User

Car: Evo 6 TME,
Sorry to hear this after all your hard work can I ask, do you use it all year round ?
M3 ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 10:30   #17
squeakyclean32
Senior User

Car: Evo 6 TME.... White E9 GT....
My Car
Ahh..... How annoying........ Still at least the car is getting the attention it needs and not left to rot away
squeakyclean32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 01:13   #18
MHR Evolution
Junior User

Car: Evo 6.5 TME Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 ROB View Post
Sorry to hear this after all your hard work can I ask, do you use it all year round ?
I use it near on once a week throughout the year, pressure wash the underside after every use. Get some funny looks at the jet wash lol
MHR Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MHR Evolution For This Useful Post:
M3 ROB (25-03-2017)
Old 25-03-2017, 01:16   #19
MHR Evolution
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakyclean32 View Post
Ahh..... How annoying........ Still at least the car is getting the attention it needs and not left to rot away
Yeah I wont let it rot, the underside is my main concern I don't even detail the outside anymore all my concentration is on underneath.

Now stocked up with rust bullet and stonechip, just waiting for the weather now.
Old 25-03-2017, 07:54   #20
Simon350S
Senior User

Wow gutted for you. Doesn't fill me with positivity at the thought of tackling my project now if I'm only going to get a few months out of it.... Good luck with yours mate!
Simon350S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 19:44   #21
MHR Evolution
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon350S View Post
Wow gutted for you. Doesn't fill me with positivity at the thought of tackling my project now if I'm only going to get a few months out of it.... Good luck with yours mate!
It was all my fault mate don't let it put you off, I rushed it just to get the underseal off. Now ive got the time I can put some real effort into it, cant seem to go wrong with rust bullet.
I'm emailing them tonight as I'm wondering if I can do 1 coat rust bullet then second coat with whiteshell instead of 2 of each. Sounds like I'm cheaping out but they claim the 2 coat method is pretty decent so I'm just halving my costs.

So the plan will be rust bullet, stone chip the arches, then whiteshell the lot.

Or I could just throw in the towel and have the whole lot undersealed? Nahh not a chance lol
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: