Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Technical Questions

Old 11-01-2017, 19:54   #31
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
I think it's only around £50 to have it fitted. I never really do any distance in mine but it's nice to have for the odd time that I do.
not something I've ever had and rarely do a distance, so no need for it, just dont like not having all the toys

Stu
stu8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 19:59   #32
Kidd
Senior User

My Car
Haha, I know what you mean. And it does fill up the blank side of the steering wheel.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kidd For This Useful Post:
stu8 (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 20:12   #33
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X 300 SST
My Car
It's strange that there seem to be these peculiar oddities from car to car. The stereo on one of mine was really poor, but not obvious on my current one. But on my current one the "lights on" satnav screen illumination level is verging on unreadable, but wasn't the case on my other ones. I have cruise control and will have to see if it works other than in Normal mode.
Old 11-01-2017, 20:30   #34
MrEvo665
Senior User

Car: Evo X FQ400 (By WRC Developments)
My Car
I know i dont have an SST X although i do have a manual one.

i must agree the seat position seems a little low compared to other cars ive had, driven and own, but as you sit down and drive the car it seems fine.

somebody mentioned the audio has to be set up properly to get the best out of it, Tottaly agree as ive found out for myself. Music off cds or off the hard drive sound fantasic, not one bad word to say about it in all fairness, same as the satnav, i really like it.

Again the indicators, not one problem, even before the recall if you X owners remember that a while back. One car i can tell you about having crap indicators is the astra H vxr i had a while back, what a pain.

Just my 2p.
MrEvo665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 20:44   #35
stu8
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plip1953 View Post
It's strange that there seem to be these peculiar oddities from car to car. The stereo on one of mine was really poor, but not obvious on my current one. But on my current one the "lights on" satnav screen illumination level is verging on unreadable, but wasn't the case on my other ones. I have cruise control and will have to see if it works other than in Normal mode.
Was looking screen today, cant say it seemed dull, with light on or off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEvo665 View Post
I know i dont have an SST X although i do have a manual one.

i must agree the seat position seems a little low compared to other cars ive had, driven and own, but as you sit down and drive the car it seems fine.

somebody mentioned the audio has to be set up properly to get the best out of it, Tottaly agree as ive found out for myself. Music off cds or off the hard drive sound fantasic, not one bad word to say about it in all fairness, same as the satnav, i really like it.

Again the indicators, not one problem, even before the recall if you X owners remember that a while back. One car i can tell you about having crap indicators is the astra H vxr i had a while back, what a pain.

Just my 2p.
What was the recall? I thought I remembered reading something but couldnt find it

Stu
Old 11-01-2017, 20:52   #36
MrEvo665
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu8 View Post

What was the recall? I thought I remembered reading something but couldnt find it

Stu
The recall for the indicator stalk mate, all they do is put some grease round the connectors, apparently stops them corroding, 10 min job, most were fine on here.

Mine took 10 odd minutes,, also a few guys had theirs done in around that time, some others were unfortunate as some were told it would take a full day, certain mitsu garages take the biscuit.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrEvo665 For This Useful Post:
stu8 (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 20:55   #37
stu8
Senior User

ok, so not a replace then. Was hoping it was replace, as it doesnt cancel I hoped id get it replaced for free

Stu
Old 11-01-2017, 21:05   #38
MrEvo665
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
ok, so not a replace then. Was hoping it was replace, as it doesnt cancel I hoped id get it replaced for free

Stu
I would give mitsu a call and see if your X has been in for the recall, also tell them it isnt canceling, they really should do something about it tbh as every X was recalled as far as i know.

Let us know how you get on mate.

edit to say, im sure the letter did say Replace if nessesary, will take a look and get back to you.

Last edited by MrEvo665; 11-01-2017 at 21:07..
The Following User Says Thank You to MrEvo665 For This Useful Post:
stu8 (12-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 21:18   #39
MrEvo665
Senior User

My Car
Stu

the recall title is - Turn Light switch safety recall.

As i said, give them a call mate. Better safe than sorry.
Old 11-01-2017, 23:33   #40
Sephiro
Senior User

Car: Evo X SST 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by plip1953 View Post
I'm assuming that's with the backlight settings for the night mode set to maximum?

Quote:
Mine took 10 odd minutes, also a few guys had theirs done in around that time, some others were unfortunate as some were told it would take a full day, certain mitsu garages take the biscuit.
I got told when I brought it in for the recall that it would take a day as they told me they'd need to take the dash out - apparently they had gotten confused with the air bag recall on the IX's Fortunately after some persuading they did it in 20 mins while I waited.... and people wonder why I don't trust my local dealership enough to leave my car with them
Sephiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:56   #41
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X 300 SST
My Car
Quote:
Stu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiro View Post
I'm assuming that's with the backlight settings for the night mode set to maximum?
It's only been like it on my current car. I've tried with all brightness, contrast and backlight settings and seems to make no difference. In full darkness it's just about ok, but impossible to see in daylight conditions but where the lights have switched on automatically. The other day I had to switch it manually from Auto Mode to Day mode.

Re the stereo, someone else commented about how much better the stereo sounded if playing a CD or from the hard disc rather than radio. I agree, but why is that as I've never really noticed much difference in other cars.

Last edited by plip1953; 16-01-2017 at 12:13..
plip1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:58   #42
stu8
Senior User

Quote:
Stu

the recall title is - Turn Light switch safety recall.

As i said, give them a call mate. Better safe than sorry.
I did check online and got an email back saying there are no outstanding recalls, but will check again

Stu
Old 13-01-2017, 07:06   #43
Mike!

Car: Evo X
My SST has the slipping feeling as described through the thread, only when I first start the car but only the first time it goes from first to second, but the time its in third (even if it goes back down) its fine. However I recently changed the gearbox fluid and filter, it was way worse before that an lasted around the first min or so of driving. If I started on a hill or had to reverse up a hill from cold it was a nightmare, I had to take to to 3k and it would just creep forward/back. Changing the fluid has made a huge difference on cold start.
Mike! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 22:12   #44
EVO6 Dave
Senior User

Car: EX Evo 6 362bhp, Now Evo X FQ300
My Car
Might sound a bit daft, but how do you engage super sport on the SST, my switch on console is back for normal and forward for sport, how do I get super sport?

Davie
EVO6 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 22:16   #45
Aidy
Jesus built my car

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 Dave View Post
Might sound a bit daft, but how do you engage super sport on the SST, my switch on console is back for normal and forward for sport, how do I get super sport?

Davie
Keep it forward, but you have to be stationary.
Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: