Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-05-2017, 08:54   #1
Darin
Administrator

Car: Ex-works Lancer Turbo WRC, 'Long Way Round' Shogun and a few bikes
My Car
Urgent: Castle Combe Sprint - Please Read Now!!!!

Hi everyone,

Although we had a bad year financially for the Sprint Series in 2016, after the positive response from the poll I started in November I felt it was worth putting the time effort and money into the 2017 Sprint Series - and with very open regs to encourage new drivers and a selection of big and smaller twisty circuits to cover everyone's preferences I thought we had the perfect mix for 2017.

So I was hoping not to have to write this post, but with 4 weeks to go we only have 4 cars booked in for Castle Combe, and another 4 paid deposits.

I'm sure you will all understand and agree that there is no point running an event which is going to lose thousands of £££s - with a low number of competitors, you (the drivers) won't enjoy it because the event won't run as it should, it's doesn't work for the sponsors who support the series and for all of us who put the time and effort in to run it, and ultimately it will lead to the death of the club - which I'm not prepared to see happen.

I don't want to cancel the event (or the Series), but we're organising these events for you guys, so we're giving you the opportunity to decide whether it goes ahead or doesn't.
We need 40 drivers to book Castle Combe by the end Sunday 21st May, so if you're looking forward to competing at the first sprint of 2017 but have yet to book, please do so before Sunday.

Castle Combe Circuit have very kindly agreed with this but have asked for confirmation on Monday, so it's over to you now.

I hope we'll all be at Castle Combe and have a great first sprint of 2017
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: