Lancer Register Forum banner

Girodisc Introductory Offers

38K views 130 replies 32 participants last post by  Ross W 
#1 · (Edited)
The Girodisc shipment is imminent so its introductory offer time! What I have tried to do is off you a selction of popular pads so there is an option for everbody. These are for Brembo caliper cars, so standad GSR brakes from Evo 5-X, RS models with factory spec Brembo's and any cars reto-fitted with with this set up:

Pair of Front discs
Evo 5-9 £545
Evo X £565

Pair of Front Discs and Girodisc Magic pads
Evo 5-9 £585
Evo X £599

Pair of Front discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads
Evo 5-9 £689
Evo X £695

Pair of Front discs and Carbotech XP8's
Evo 5-9 £695
Evo X £699

Pair of Front discs and Pagid RS29
Evo 5-9 £895
Evo X £899

Prices are inc vat and UK delivery

Add a set of HEL lines to the above for £50

If there is a pad option you would like that I have missed, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

See less See more
#14 ·
First major test for these was the Castle Combe sprint yesterday.

They are simply awesome.

I had PF discs on my previous 2 evos and IMO these are even better.

I would certainly recommend these to anyone that wants better braking without the cost of big brake upgrades.

IMO this is all you need for sprinting together with standard calipers and xp8s

#15 ·
Looking to get some discs soon and was thinking of going PF again but these do look :coolsm:. Have they been compared properly to the PFs and have they been around long enough for any issues to become apparent? Apologies if these are stupid questions but I've only come across these tonight.
Liking the alu bells also as long as the strength is there. Would the increased heat conductivity be a benifit for cooling of the rotor or detrimental to the hub?
Also are you doing the 2 piece rears?

#21 ·
Mike from Girodisc saw your post and mailed me :)

Also I saw the thread on lancer register and am happy to hear all is going well with the rotors so far! Someone just posted in there asking about the strength of the aluminum bell and you can tell him that we have never had a single failure of one of our bells. Also they do aid in cooling and transfer significantly less heat to the hub than a single piece rotor keeping your wheel bearings alive longer.

#16 ·
Girodisc have been established in the USA for quite some time but this is the first time they have been sold in the UK for the Evo market.

They have a full range of discs for Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari etc using this same system so its well proven amongst lots of high performance cars.

And yes they do make rears and they are in stock with us too.

#18 ·
I have tried to destroy a set of Evo X discs last week!
(Internal testing :D)

The calipers were on fire by the time I was finished! Started out red now a lovely shade of brown! Discs were removed and inspected, all A1 :) - so we have an Ex test set of Evo X if anyone wants a special deal?>

There is only a few casting houses in the world for this size/type of disc Girodisc source all their rotors in USA and Australia.

#19 ·
Many thanks to Ross & Gav, received mine today.
You obviously didn't pay enough postage as the delivery man wouldnt carry them up the steps to the front door :mhihi:

They look massive and very well made. Will get fitting possible one day this week.:smthumbup

Great service, many thanks

#22 ·
I will keep updating the thread with my findings Ross.

Something that I have noticed, and I'm not sure if it is to do with the discs or not, but my xp8 pads have been silent thus far. No squealing at all after 700 miles and a sprint.

I'll put another update on after Teesside when they will have around 1500 miles and 2 sprints on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.