Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Gearbox / Clutch / Transmission

Old 20-04-2017, 15:59   #16
Daveging
Senior User

My Car
Aye/acd

I can toggle through the three setting then after about two minutes the three lights came my mate plugged his computer in and it wouldnt talk to the car completely but it did show that one wheel was driving when the car wasn't moving so I'm hoping it's a wheel sensor as mentioned above what do you think guys
Daveging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 16:40   #17
Rampant
Profound thinker

Car: IX FQ-320: GT1s, COP, Rods, LinkG4+, MR lip & has the devil in it (& 996 C4S: exhaust)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveging View Post
I can toggle through the three setting then after about two minutes the three lights came my mate plugged his computer in and it wouldnt talk to the car completely but it did show that one wheel was driving when the car wasn't moving so I'm hoping it's a wheel sensor as mentioned above what do you think guys
Did it also show the other 3 wheel speeds as zero?

If so, I'd replace the wheel speed sensor on that hub and see what happens from there...

Be forewarned, the job is time consuming. The sensor heads have a habit of sticking inside the hole in the hub. I used a dremmel grinding bit to remove mine, but you MUST BE CAREFUL not to damage the toothed ABS ring on the driveshaft.

Ross Sport do a pattern/copy sensor that is around half the price of a Mitsu OEM part.

All the best

Mark H

***Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon***
//// Do as you OUGHT, not as you WANT ////
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 18:58   #18
Daveging
Senior User

My Car
Aye

Aye mate showed the other wheels as zero i phoned Ross sport today they've got the sensor I need my mate to plug the computer in again to find out what side it was as there sided a hope that's it
Daveging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 11:02   #19
footah212
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakerswull View Post
No abs lights when the ayc lights came on.

I've done a further few decent runs and it's still working as normal. I'm no rush to have it rebuilt, defi gauges are on the to do list first before I tackle that job.
I understand the desire for the guages but your pump is on its way out bud. They all need rebuilt sooner or later. I've just installed guages too but they are really just bling when compared to something that operates your lsd and hence effects the way the car drives .
footah212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 16:22   #20
Kwakerswull
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by footah212 View Post
I understand the desire for the guages but your pump is on its way out bud. They all need rebuilt sooner or later. I've just installed guages too but they are really just bling when compared to something that operates your lsd and hence effects the way the car drives .

Well they're more for purpose and less bling, I'd like to know what my oil temp and oil pressure is as the gauges fitted have stopped working. Last thing I'm wanting is to **** the engine when it's had a fair few quid spent on it.

As for the ayc pump being rebuilt, I've been told that I can't do any damage running it in a state of it not working and it's currently working, hence the lack of real urgency to fix it. If that's not the case then I've been given conflicting information then.

I'm also sure people have removed their ayc pump for service and ran the car as is until it comes back. Whether that's true or not I do not know.

Last edited by Kwakerswull; 21-04-2017 at 16:24..
Kwakerswull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 18:38   #21
Aidy
Jesus built my car

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
If someone did engine work for me that made the car so fragile I had to keep an eye on oil temps and pressure myself for fear of it blowing up I'd probably want whoever did the work to fit the gauges themselves.

Also you say the pump is working but it isn't
Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 20:04   #22
Kwakerswull
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
If someone did engine work for me that made the car so fragile I had to keep an eye on oil temps and pressure myself for fear of it blowing up I'd probably want whoever did the work to fit the gauges themselves.

Also you say the pump is working but it isn't
I hope it's not fragile but is it not good to know what's doing what?

Fact is it's currently fitted with cheap gauges and because they're not working I thought it would make sense to replace them and replace them with decent gauges that will work and be accurate.

As for the ayc pump If you read my other posts you'd see that the lights haven't came on since the very first time that they did.
Old 23-04-2017, 07:35   #23
footah212
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakerswull View Post
Well they're more for purpose and less bling, I'd like to know what my oil temp and oil pressure is as the gauges fitted have stopped working. Last thing I'm wanting is to **** the engine when it's had a fair few quid spent on it.

As for the ayc pump being rebuilt, I've been told that I can't do any damage running it in a state of it not working and it's currently working, hence the lack of real urgency to fix it. If that's not the case then I've been given conflicting information then.

I'm also sure people have removed their ayc pump for service and ran the car as is until it comes back. Whether that's true or not I do not know.
Mate I'm just recently out of a similar position as you. My pump went last march , I got it off the car in June , I refurbed it myself ( various parts had to be replaced due to me breaking bits getting it apart) , I eventually got it back on and working about 2 weeks ago. I drove the car throughout this period. I fitted guages and various other bits and bobs during the period too.I also wanted to know the oil temp and boost and oil pressure.

However - now I have an evo that actually drives like an evo again!! You don't realise how much you miss that until you have it back again. People who have ****ed ayc and say ' it doesn't affect the way the car drives' are talking absolute pish. Drive the car in anger and you'll be spinning up one wheel because your running an open diff.

Ps the only gauge I actually look at now is oil temp. I looked at boost a couple of times and then realised that my mapper had indeed told me the truth

It's worth saying that I ran with no pump all that time without causing any damage (that I know of anyway) I'm not disagreeing with you there. It's just that i would have concentrated on the pump if could turn back time

Peace J

Last edited by footah212; 23-04-2017 at 09:06..
footah212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: