Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 8 fuel pump help pleasešŸ˜©

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  D1andonlyantman 
#1 Ā·
Hi guys... Really need some help and advice please.. I have a 2004 Evo 8 MR.. I went to Manchester today and on way back home I heard the famous loud whine from the fuel pump.. I found it strange as its new. And has barely covered 100 miles.. My last pump did the same at 100 miles so I got a new one and this is doing same.... As soon and I joined motorway it started spluttering and hesitating and wouldn't go over 3k revs.. Car always has a full tank and all the fuel pumps have been walbro... Any idea what it could be? Fuel pump? Relay? Battery? Thanks

#15 Ā·
Having the same trouble with mine at the moment... Drives fine off boost but as soon as you go to put your foot down it just coughs and farts, Very loud whine aswell

Luckily Iv got a spare standard pump in the garage, Should I be alright fitting the pump even though it's been sat around for awhile????

#19 Ā· (Edited)
Has the tank got swarf at all in the bottom ? as the pump will wear badly if there is contaminants of a fuel neck failing etc .

Also a tank drain here is necessary ,not just a new pump i am guessing it has water in with the fuel causing premature wear if its not the above .

also as above too many fakes around now days get genuine units only (ebay is bad for this sellers with non gen products ).

regards
gaz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.