Lancer Register Forum banner

Time Attack Pro Extreme Build

121K views 576 replies 111 participants last post by  kins 
#1 · (Edited)
It's been a while since I've put any updates on here as we've been crazy busy recently.

Just thought I would share what we are doing with the 9RS and our plans going forward.

We were really fortunate to start off with an excellent base to work from with regards to the car. We've been running the car for the second part of this year and it's worked very hard indeed! With winter coming up it is of course the best time to strip and rebuild.

Like with many things, we had initial plans which we kept adding to...and adding to...and adding to :lol:

Here is how the car looked before we retired it for the year

We spent a couple of days mapping which gave the car a nice smooth (as smooth as is possible) power band and it made fairly decent power. Mapped for Q16 fuel.

The engine and especially the gearbox were on the limit for power and torque and as we wanted to take things further it is upgrade time for both.

We've opted for a Norris version 8 (ultimate) 4G64. Currently Simon is in dialogue with Bullet Cylinder Heads in Australia as we really wanted to use their billet block but need to know if they can manufacture a 4G64 block rather than a 63. Seriously well engineered piece of kit!

Part of the reason for using a Norris engine other than than obvious excellent reputation is all the testing Simon has done with his twin charged set up was obviously done on his own engine/s so it made complete sense to take that option as we will be going down the twin charged route using his supercharger and a 4202R turbo.

Transmission itself we are not 100% on yet, we have a few options to think about but we are getting on with obtaining substantially uprated drive shafts and of course transfer case and rear diff in the mean time.

Aero wise, we really wanted the same kit as the Tilton Interiors car from Voltex. Garage G-Force had a similar set up but not exactly the same. After some dialogue, Voltex are kindly making another kit which will be 100% the same as the Tilton kit. You may notice some subtle differences (and the lack of rear diffuser on the Garage G-Force car) below.

Voltex will be coming over to the U.K. fit in February :thumbup:

Garage G-Force car

The Tilton beast

I'll post some more pictures shortly of the mucky work taking place at the moment!

See less See more
#435 ·
One of the best Evo project that I had ever seen :smthumbup

#437 ·
This is such a complete build.
No stones being unturned as such.
Going to have to read through this full thread properly, but currently I am treating the pictures like a Playboy centrefold.

Love the look of the aero. Makes me want some extreme TA aero for mine. Haha.

Do you know what the overall weight of the car will be once done?
Am always interested as you'll save weight with all the carbon and stripping out an interior, but then with the added strenghting to the body shell this will add weight back.
Expect you will see some impressive power to weight figures either way.

I am hoping to make it to some TA events/MLR events in the near future so will look forward to seeing this car in person.
Hopefully my camera shutter speed will be fast enough to capture more than a carbon blur. Haha.

Look forward to further updates.

#438 ·
Luke, I see you are entered for TA at Snetterton this weekend. Does this mean the build is done? Any updates or pictures?

#460 ·
Guys, guys, guys,

Apologies for not updating the thread, with the season underway (and also running a large very busy business) things have been somewhat crazy in the land of Luke Clayton and chums.

The RS is coming along although vital work to our 9GT piloted by Alex Bones between rounds has held things up a little.

I will post some very exciting updates and Alex is also making an 'In the workshop' feature on both cars very soon with let's just say a little added eye candy ;)

No the RS has not seen a track yet and didn't catch fire and yes I really do have to buy a fully demountable tilt and slide flat bed to move the beast around. No I can't make the aero quick release and no I can't just take the aero off as the front end alone takes 4 hours and has to be MM perfect when fitted.

I'll try super hard to post a proper update asap.

Also yes I'm still alive :lol:

#462 ·
Good to hear it, and also pleased you've not burst in to flames!

Guys, guys, guys,

Apologies for not updating the thread, with the season underway (and also running a large very busy business) things have been somewhat crazy in the land of Luke Clayton and chums.

The RS is coming along although vital work to our 9GT piloted by Alex Bones between rounds has held things up a little.

I will post some very exciting updates and Alex is also making an 'In the workshop' feature on both cars very soon with let's just say a little added eye candy ;)

No the RS has not seen a track yet and didn't catch fire and yes I really do have to buy a fully demountable tilt and slide flat bed to move the beast around. No I can't make the aero quick release and no I can't just take the aero off as the front end alone takes 4 hours and has to be MM perfect when fitted.

I'll try super hard to post a proper update asap.

Also yes I'm still alive :lol:

#464 ·
Fair play to you Luke. But you must remember the world stops for Evo :wallbang:

#471 ·
From FB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Realbadman
#475 ·
Custom trailer work is under way so it can be moved. I could say more.......... :lol:

#479 ·
Sorry chaps, I've been off the radar for over a month as I haven't been well at all. The guys at WK have been working their absolute backsides off keeping Wayne's VI RS and my IX GT running for Alex after some really bad luck - both cars suffered engine failure through no fault of WK's, just really bad luck!

Norris Designs worked super hard to get us a Version 8 engine built quickly for the GT.....which DPD then lost! :cry: Simon is now having to build another one for us and Wayne had to have his motor in his RS rebuilt super quick in time for TA at Oulton Park where Alex secured another podium finish.

The GT is also having a serious amount of other work done too so it will be an even more capable car for the final 3 rounds of UKTA. Now that things have hopefully settled a little, work can continue on the IX RS. I'm in no rush and it would be unfair to put pressure on WK to hurry up as they have already done so much more than I could ever have hoped for so I and the team are incredibly grateful. Even when it is running there will obviously be a huge amount of testing and setting up to do but I will keep the thread updated.

Wayne and the guys at WK have worked tirelessly to keep the cars running as well as doing all their day to day business, Alex has been an absolute gent and made us all really proud with his driving efforts and beard and all the suppliers we use have been first class - especially Norris Designs. Just feeling super grateful to be involved in this community.

We are having a very special trailer fabricated for the IX RS, I haven't checked if I can say who is building it yet but I'm sure many of you will know. It's a very clever design to say the least and is custom made for the car. Really excited that we can use a trailer and not a huge truck :lol: and again very grateful that somebody from the community came forward to help in what was becoming a bit of a headache!

Anyway, I'm back now and fighting fit so will keep the thread up to date.
:mitsi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.